Outdoor Light Fixture Camera (Spotlight / Floodlight)

While we are at it… maybe just add another cube to an exterior light like this?

https://www.amazon.com/LUTEC-Integrated-Outdoor-Bedroom-Lantern/dp/B07WCVRJD1

I would love flood lights with cameras

I too would like to be able to replace my outdoor flood lights with a camera enhanced version.

It would be helpful because I need to see where I’m walking when I come home at night. I need to see where I’m walking in my driveway or even up my walkway to the house etc so I don’t trip or run anything over. Also flood lights coming on at night or by motion help deter people from misbehaving if they are lit up suddenly at night etc…

Some Suggested Features:

• Motion activated lights turning on etc…

• Adjustable motion detect area

• Daylight sensor so flood lights come on at night

• Dimmable so that flood lights are on at a low level saving energy and then increase to full brightness if activated by motion.

• Scheduler to turn off after a certain amount of time so they aren’t on all night but turn on if activated by motion etc…

• Camera integrated with lights to record activity

• Camera with low light recording capability to record when lights are not on or if lights don’t get triggered in the motion detect area

2 Likes

I think this product will be a great upgrade to replace existing (outdoor) wall lantern.
If there is a small battery that also help if there is power outage.

New Wyze floodlight cam activates a bright light and records right onto a sd 24/7! Featuring a built in siren and two way audio and speakers. Night mode included as well as many new other features!

2 Likes

A suggestion that Wyze relicense or OEM the HM311 floodlight camera under the Wyze brand.

This is a beautiful piece of hardware but the manufacturer neglects all their products (they have too many and few interoperate) and have very little support or community participation. If Wyze polished up the app and firmware just a little bit to Wyze standards it would be a killer product. Some of the features:

Built in local (“edge AI”) person detection
Water resistant outdoor cam
2K / 3 Megapixel
Floodlight LEDs
IR LEDs, Night vision
Wired Ethernet
PoE / Power over Ethernet
12 Volt power adapter
WiFi
Metal housing, great fit and finish, silicone seals
SD card support
OnVIF (RTSP) Stream
Two way audio
Cloud optional but not required
Grid based detection zones
On / off scheduling
Motion, sound, “humanoid” detection
External antenna
iOS, Android apps
Browser viewer (PC/Mac/etc.)

It routinely sells for $35, and it’s a great deal. Wyze could sell it as-is for $40 and make a bunch of money, or work their volume channel magic and bring it down further.

Please consider it. It’s a fine camera and deserves better than the treatment it’s getting. It would be a great addition to the Wyze lineup. Thanks.

Security motion sensor Flood lights with cam
Sensitive motion sensor.
Bright flood lights over 1200 lumens when motion detected.
Cam to record as soon as motion detected.

It would be great to either have a way to use existing outdoor flood light fixtures for your camera power source like a ring that mounts before fixture with USB plug or create a Flood Light Fixture with the camera built into the fixture. Most people that use motion Flood Fixtures leave them on so you always have power at the fixture.

Would like to see a outdoor light similar to what Arlo has. Motion Detection, Adjustable spot light using the app. Colors and Blinking is night but not necessary for a security light.Battery Powered. Being able to tie it to motion detection from specific Wyze Cams would be very useful

I am currently use the recording floodlight from Swann, and everything about their recording is terrible… mainly because the camera is always offline…

• No videos get uploaded to the cloud
  • Cannot access videos on local storage remotely
  • Cannot even access the camera
  • App migration created a very poor user experience

It wasn’t always like this. It worked fine in the beginning, like Wyze. Wyze is not perfect (cannot view playbacks for a very long time), but Swann is a mess.

In Black, white always yellows

I didn’t see this specific topic on roadmap or in the wishlist.

I would love to know if you guys are working on an outdoor camera with security lights and motion detection? Wired or WiFi…Similar to Rings outdoor security cams? I know if wyze produces this type of cam I would most likely buy four of them…one for each corner of my house.

Same here if not more!

Bonus for solar power and/or wireless as well

Our electricians Greenslopes did the same thing. Really a great hack.

I think this would be a great addition to add your already impressive lineup. I know you already have an outdoor cam, but thus would be a motion sensor led flood light for additional protection.

Thank you!
RR

Just another wish for the list, something to consider, or maybe smart outdoor led spotlight bulbs.

But they really need is a hardwired outdoor camera option. Best if that could be integrated with flood lights. It would be an easy installation in locations already set up for the flood lights. They already have a battery powered outdoor camera. No need for is to be battery powered Plus flood lights wood use up a lot of that power really fast

They have one. The new V3 is a wired outdoor camera. It will also have a small spotlight option soon.

https://www.amazon.com/Wasserstein-Floodlight-Charger-Outdoor-Compatible/dp/B08F9C1MZ1/ref=as_li_ss_tl?crid=3DZUENK4Y5F6Z&dchild=1&keywords=wasserstein%2Bwyze%2Bcamera%2Boutdoor&qid=1601825249&sprefix=Wasserstein%2Bwyze%2Caps%2C218&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMUk0WFNSOERGRlo3JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDM1NTg1M0xPVTJRU0JSVE1LSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTQ5NDUwMk1FN0ZMVkw2R0NOTiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&linkCode=sl1&tag=doi01-20&linkId=82f44a207b40412820695aa3d1668c21&language=en_US&th=1

1 Like