Outdoor Light Fixture Camera (Spotlight / Floodlight)

I have a couple of these. Very Bright and work real well. But they are not battery operated.

Good points! I found these too after making my comment. I’m excited to try them out.

The problem with every LED flood light on the market is that they all use cool white LED’s, which are not pleasing to the eyes. I don’t want my driveway to look like hospital lighting, I want it more of a soft white like the light inside my home.

These are not as glaring bright.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHTRSF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That light has a color temp of 6500 -7000k, that’s cool white and not a warm white. They need to be around 3000k to be a warm white color.

Sounds like you know what you want

Arlo has a nice light but very while. They do allow some manipulation of the color, but not sure that will get you what you want, plus Arlo is expensive.

With the new home monitoring system coming up, we could really use a porch light/camera. Similar to Kuna, for monitoring the exterior. Just a thought

Not spot or flood.

The outdoor Kuna style security lights would be nice in a Wyze version and price.

4 Likes

Exactly! Hardwired, LED, with camera and it really completes the security monitoring options.

1 Like

I thought so too back in Feb 2019 when I started this thread with the title “Outdoor Light Fixture Camera ala Kuna, et. al” Since it is unlikely most current commenters have gone back through the history of the posts, back then I commented that “Outdoor cameras pose several issues, most of which, like weatherproofing or mounting can be solved as shown by member contributions. Power is the biggest issue. By sandwiching a wyze “outdoor light base” between the electrical box and a light fixture of the user’s choosing, access to power, weatherproofing, and securing the camera can all be achieved. The competition has high cost cameras, minimal choices for fixture styles for some brands, and most importantly, high monthly fees. Making a mounting base and fitting a wyze cam mounted in the base along with a 5V power supply would fit the need for many and be of comparatively low cost and high functionality.” and shortly thereafter responded to clarify “although making an entire fixture would probably require too high a manufacturing and distribution cost for the variety of fixtures. I was actually thinking more along the lines of a Toucan (couldn’t think of the name before) - an add-on between the electrical box and an existing or new fixture that would allow for a/c power to an enclosed power adapter and a camera. The actual camera circuitry might even be the same as existing products just in a specialized housing.”
Since then we’ve seen the introduction of the long awaited outdoor camera, and many other home automation products, but nothing has changed with regard to Kuna/Toucan type solution. Whether this happens is likely to be based on demand for such a product which apparently is not sufficient.

2 Likes

Have you guys checked these out?
https://wasserstein-home.com/products/wasserstein-4-in-1-floodlight-charger-mount-and-outdoor-case-compatible-with-wyze-cam-turn-your-wyze-cam-into-a-powerful-outdoor-floodlight-wyze-cam-not-included?variant=32042967072886&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic?cpid=11141134487&agid=108861613563&kwid=pla-960149938212&mt=&nw=g&dv=c&dvm=&gclid=CjwKCAiAudD_BRBXEiwAudakX00w1_UzL61pSWiUoliY7PS11JDHc8PTjUTWtUtG44-9VDmntFzhHBoCC-cQAvD_BwE&crt=465758177187&kw=&plm=&tgt=&pos=&networktype=Search&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=11141134487&utm_term=&utm_content=108861613563&gclid=CjwKCAiAudD_BRBXEiwAudakX00w1_UzL61pSWiUoliY7PS11JDHc8PTjUTWtUtG44-9VDmntFzhHBoCC-cQAvD_BwE

They are available on Amazon too

1 Like

Yes it was linked in October in this thread, above.

I have them and they have a usb port built into them for powering the camera. it is a real short cable. It also has a screw mount for the camera

it is the best solution I have found for Wyze up til this point

This really should be separated into two different products. One is a porch light and meant to be discreet. As opposed to a floodlight with camera mount.

1 Like

Agreed. Wonder if either one will happen? :wink:

With the availability of the spotcam accessory I doubt a floodlight is coming but who knows.

Would love to see Waze introduce outdoor motion activated smart security lights that can integrate the Wyze Cam v3. Wasserstein makes security lights that you can connect to a Wyze Cam, but they are basic and don’t offer any smart features (and judging by reviews as lights they do not work well). You guys could do so much better. I would love to replace my current dumb security lights (that have no camera integration capability) throughout my property with yet another great solution from Wyze!

3 Likes

want spot light for Wyze Cam Pan
preferably it has a motion sensitive activation option

Outdoor Floodlight Cam wiith Motion Sensor Infrared, and Alarm

2 Likes

This looks like it just became available. With more control over the lighting. Ideally would like it all integrated, but if Wyze is not going to make one, this might be the next best solution. I currently have a Swann and hate it. Will be replacing it once the weather allows. https://wasserstein-home.com/collections/wyze/products/wasserstein-3-in-1-remote-floodlight-charger-and-mount-compatible-with-wyze-cam-v3-turn-your-camera-into-a-powerful-floodlight-camera-not-included

3 Likes