Outdoor Cam Constantly Falls Asleep

4.170.146 outdoor cam will not connect or update. release notes does not show downloadable outdoor cam files.

1 Like

You are correct @xcessive, keep forgetting the WOC has no reset button to upload firmware from uSD card and nothing to download from the Release notes & firmware page.

When you say, “I tried updating from the app and no change.” Understand you attempted to update from: Settings → Device Info → Firmware Upgrade.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution but I’d CAll Support and open a Ticket.

Live support is available: +1-206-339-9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

After ours, click this link to Open a Support Ticket

• Scroll down to the bottom of page
  • Contact Us
  • Choose support topic
2 Likes

I created a ticket several days ago. Wyze Ticket 846353
Thanks for the help

1 Like

Hi @xcessive Did you respond to the eMail ticket confirmation and restate the trouble?
Hopefully you’ll get a response soon. Give them a call this afternoon or Saturday.

yes and unless I missed it I didn’t get a reply.
they may have thought it fixed since one did start working.

Give Support a call again or open an eMail ticket. You don’t have to wait for after hours for eMail on Outdoor Cam and allows you to upload your screen shot and restate the problems.
Include your existing ticket number in the comment section, too.

1 Like

I am having the same issue of dropping the connection after pairing with base station. Tried every possible solution with tech service without any lucks. It worked for an hour so but the connection dropped after every attempt to re-pair the camera. I even relocated my base station and got the same result-connection dropped.
My other camera bundled with base station (bought from Home Depot) is working just fine.
Last attempt, Tech service sent me a link to firmware flash the out door camera but the link only shows the direction for firmware flashing Wyze cam v1, v2, and Pan cam, but no direction for outdoor cam.
It is very frustrated to deal with this issue. I own 5 other Wyze camera without any serious issues.
I have asked for refund and get no answer so far.
My ticket# 842868

1 Like

Hi @pat.wang You’ll need to ask for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Wyze will send an eMail with the number and prepaid shipping label if under warranty.