OMG! What is this?

I couldn’t upload the whole 2min39seconds but I uploaded the beginning and end. My family including our pets were all settled in for the night and the cameras caught this strange footage. At first I thought it was dust or a spider web but those things don’t move like these objects did. The lights in the background are up on our deck and they always switch flashing modes on us. What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

This is in our backyard with no vehicle exposure. The other yard lights around are people’s backyard lights.

The original video is like 2 min 39 seconds all the cut part was just those objects hovering in the camera and the camera was putting a highlight around them, like it detected something there. :astonished:

It did. The camera detects pixel movement, and the white lights definitely qualified as movement.

1 Like

It’s just spider webs swinging around in the breeze, I get that stuff all the time , I have to go outside and clean the webs off around the cameras

17 Likes

Thanks wasn’t sure about the pixel situation

What explains the movement in the second video?

1 Like

A breeze kicked up and moved it a lot

3 Likes

Spider webs. See it all the time.

5 Likes

Yeah, it is definitely a spiderweb (you can see the full connected thread if you look really closely). It is funny how both ends appear to cut loose with the wind at the end. I’ve had some do that before I cleaned them off myself.

I think I see a little bit of light rain flashing downward toward the end, must’ve been the pressure differential coming in that caused the lightweight spiderweb to follow the air pressure changes taking place.

4 Likes

Spidey webs reflecting the ir lights from the camera then going into ludacris mode when the wind picked up.

2 Likes

Guess I should also say beautiful clear night with no wind or rain.

Ah, that must’ve been bugs instead of rain drips then, weird how they only went downward toward the end of video 2. usually bugs fly all over the place. I thought it might’ve been indicative of why it flew away.

I am still confident it was spiderweb, it’s easy to see the whole strand stretching all the way out when we look closely. Definitely a single thread of spidey thread. We can only guess at the movement, though honestly it doesn’t take much. I try to think there is no air movement even in a room in my house, until I turn on a flashlight and watch the dust including strands of thin hair moving around in weird ways I just can’t comprehend when it seems like there is no air movement. And that’s in a room with walls. Outside, even when there is “no wind” perceived, there is always 100% guaranteed air movement going on.

3 Likes

If not webbing/bugs/dust then they’re the universe’s smallest vehicles, because they are obviously getting ridiculously close to the camera, reflecting light only from its IR, and still not even taking up the whole frame.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone, I really appreciate all the feedback! The tiniest vehicles comment had me rolling on the floor with laughter.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I see it all the time as well. Spider spinning his web.

1 Like

Spider web. blowing in the wind…

1 Like

The blinking lights seen up against the house indicate that the SPACE vehicle moved up and out of the scene. That way the spiderwebs could no longer reflect it.
Are you missing any sheep or cattle?
Seriously the cobwebs in the kitchen or the basement will do this, you go inside and turn on the light and you look and it is absolutely invisible. I just take a broom and shadow brush sight unseen, and it clears it away.

3 Likes

Spiders LOVE making webs near the cams because the infrared light attracts food for it. I put my cams in mounts and put a little peppermint oil on it somewhere and it’s helped quite a bit with deterring them.

7 Likes