No Person Detection!

Thanks for adding your experience.

I have Cams Plus. That’s why I’m upset… I’m paying for a service I can’t use.

2 Likes

Mine still is not working.

I tried calling support, but they don’t take calls except during the week. How is that supposed to work? Isn’t this a company touted as a security company? How are we supposed to invest in a company that isn’t there for major issues related to home and personal security?

4 Likes

Add me to the list. Same experience here.

1 Like

I have eight cameras and not one of them gave me person detection all day while I was at work. Is it the camera last update or is it the app?

1 Like

Neither. My old apps and firmware remain unchanged and I was one of the people affected.

1 Like

Same here, notification for motion detection works only if you turn off “person detection”.
When person detection is on then no notification are being sent, however it still record and you can still filter “person” and “motions” under events. Labeling for “person” is also gone.
It is a paid service and we expect this to be fixed sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Thanks for your update. Hopefully this gets taken care of…

If you haven’t already done so, I recommend sending logs regarding this issue.

Doing that will help them track down the issue faster. I sent them a log yesterday and will be sending them another one shortly.

1 Like

I’ve sent many. :+1:

2 Likes

Same issue here. My person notification completely disappeared from my event history after January 28th.

2 Likes

Add me to the list. This is extremely frustrating and unnerving as I rely on person detection greatly. Like someone else posted, one hour of down time is acceptable but days of downtime is not acceptable. Wyze hasn’t even acknowledged this issue yet, as far as I know. What a wild roller coaster ride with this company.

3 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen can we have an update?
It seems to be the cloud service incorrectly labelling “Person” detection with the “Motion” label. When filtering “Person” in events it showed the events but we’re not receiving the notifications. The notifications are the key part of owning the cameras.

2 Likes

(And it also affects/prevents Alexa announcements.)

1 Like

My Alexa announcements are still working but I have my motion sensor set as a trigger to record. So PD in Alexa is still being recognized but not on Wyze app? I have no clue at this point as my Alexa shouldn’t be working in theory.

1 Like

Uninstall and reinstall the app. I had no event recordings since yesterday morning and could not trigger one. Uninstalled the app. and reinstalled and now it shows all the missing events and everything working as should.

1 Like

Same story here. These cameras are incredibly hit and miss. They work one day and not the next. Yesterday (Saturday 1/30) I got 2 motion sense recordings all day, and I walked right thru the detection areas numerous times throughout the day. 3 cameras, and usually only one actually will trigger and record, and often the delay is so long that it will just barely catch a second of the person walking OUT of the frame. Can’t ID someone from their back very well… Really disappointing, and I’ve updated the new detection zones and everything. Just one day they work, next day, nothing has been changed in the settings, and they don’t. This morning my two in my front yard/porch mysteriously worked again as I just had a package delivered.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the reply. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app so now I wait and see.
Off topic- What’s strange is I had this message telling me that I HAD to turn on a certain “Sound” notification or I wouldn’t get any notifications at all. So I followed it and turned it on but made sure it was still turned off in main section but now I’m getting sound notifications all the time and I can’t figure out how to stop it without messing with the Wyze set up/system unit.

Edited to add screen shot of Sound notifications being off.

1 Like

Adding my name to the list of folks not getting person detection/notifications on my camera (last was Thursday, 1/28). This is extremely disappointing for a security camera system!!! Wyze, please post an update on restoration of this service.

2 Likes