No Person Detection!

If I do that then I lose the vacuum map I spent 10 tries and a week trying to create. Nope, they will fix this on their end.

Here is a screenshot of this new sound detection they want me to turn on to get notifications. I got sick of all of the sound notifications so I turned them off and now this message is back. Anyone else?

This is new to me as I’ve never encountered this notification block by not having sound detection on which I’m guessing is tied into their new security (lol) services.

Edited to add 2nd SS.

I think you found the bug. When I enable sound detection I receive those notifications. Hopefully the Wyze team sees this and is able to reproduce and then fix the issue…

Well it would be the most productive thing I’ve done today so I hope you are right. :laughing:
On a serious note I hope they do see this and are able to fix it as its very unnerving to not get my notifications like usual.
Thanks and have a great Sunday.

1 Like

Nope… Didn’t change anything for me. Still not getting person detection.

It didn’t change anything for me.

I don’t think the issue is related just to receiving PD notifications. I think there’s a bug related to the actual server side processing of PD clips.

If that’s the case, no amount of playing with the settings can fix it. Right now, I just resorted to enabling standard motion detection and lowered the sensitivity to about 20

1 Like

Could be totally wrong here but I think they meant the bug ‘might’ have been discovered, not fixed. Mine still isn’t working 100%, I’m getting motion in my events (no person detection, only motion) but still no notifications. I am getting notifications for a motion sensor which I have set up to record on one of my cams so I do get a notification for that. Person Detection has to be enabled for these routines to work (I believe) so it must still be recognizing it on the Echo show at least, I don’t know to be honest as I’m just a plain ole customer, not tech or IT Guy. :joy:

Just posting my findings here in hope that it might help get a resolution, nothing more, nothing less. Hoping for a fix for us all soon.

Cheers.

1 Like

Probably correct. I’m just posting what I find in hopes of finding the solution. I’m done now though, time for Wyze to act like a real business/ security company and communicate with their customers. This is absolutely unacceptable when they’re trying to sell a security system/business, although I’m sure their issues/problems get dealt with immediately, unlike us.

Cheers.

1 Like

It looks to me like there’s two different issues.

1. AI events aren’t working
  2. You can only get motion alerts if you enabled sound detection events
1 Like

I don’t get motion alerts because I turned them off. I don’t get any videos on my cam pan (motion or person) and I have videos of motion on my Outdoor, but they aren’t labeled as “person” even if I’m standing right in front of it.

The “sound” setting only changed it so that I would video recordings of nothing happening because it heard something, but no notifications because I only have Person and Package notifications on.

That’s these fourms are for :blush:

They used to be better at communicating and fixing things quickly. It seems like after the deal they mad with thst VC last year, all they care about now is pushing hardware. In hoping they’ll come to the realization that us loyal customers made them who they are now.

Untill then, I will not be purchasing any new wyze products

4 Likes

I still think your sound issue is unrelated. The first screenshot says you can’t get sound notifications unless sound event recording is on. The second confirms it’s not on. Of course all other motion events, person detection, and Alexa announcements are supposed to work anyway. They have changed how they label and identify person / AI events. It would have been nice to announce something first.

Edit: hold on, my person events now say “Person” instead of “Motion” again! Maybe they fixed it?

No app or firmware changes here.

Compare this to my previous person filtered screenshot in this thread. (When opened the events now again say “Person at” in the heading instead of the incorrect “Motion at”.)

2 Likes

Mine still aren’t working…

Absolutely :100:. They knew they were revamping the app for all the new products as we can see the changes. Its just frustrating that there’s been no announcement or confirmation put out for the customer’s. Im sure a good percentage are reflashing and updating/rolling back firmware and everything else trying to fix it so it would just be polite to say yes we are experiencing problems and are working on it. I’d just like it acknowledged by Wyze that there is a problem going on.
My Eufy cams just picked up people walking by and I have Wyze cams in same positions and not one single notification and events are labeled as Motion. Just feels like we went 4 steps backwards.
Rant done… :laughing:

3 Likes

Gotta be different backend servers at different versions of the code? Makes no sense that it just started working again for me and not others.

Here’s something really interesting. In this SAME app when I go back to yesterday’s person events, they STILL behave as before, indicating only a Motion event even though they are filterable as person detections. (In other words, the same as my earlier screenshot.)

1 Like

Yeah, strange. Just checked mine and no person icon or PD identification, still just plain old motion.
Glad to hear yours is starting to come back to life. Might be a good sign for the rest of us experiencing problems.

2 Likes

Thanks. There must be at least two different person/AI related tags kept for clips (e.g., for “person” filter vs. label/notification/Alexa trigger) and they are neglecting to update both/all of them properly… on some of their servers.

1 Like

I don’t have person detection either. Not on pan or 2 outdoor cams.

2 Likes

Interesting too, none of my 3 outdoor cameras (all new a few weeks ago and have been updated on their firmware) have the sound detection trigger options on the app. Not that I’d want that on outdoor cameras, but it seems not everyone has the same options even. I have only one on cam+. My “shop” camera that hasn’t triggered for 24 hours triggered today a couple of times, for absolutely nothing. Yet when I was walking in front of it the trigger was so delayed it barely caught me for a second walking in the door or out of the frame. Other 2 still a terrible delay on triggering, if they do at all. I’ve turned the distance and sensitivity from about 30 to 100 on each and don’t notice any difference.

1 Like