No Person Detection!

I have person detection enabled (without cam plus) and I have not received any person detection notifications on any of my cameras since about 12:00 EST 1/29.

There’s definitely a backend issue causing this.

Another thing I noticed is that when something breaks (notifications, event triggers, schedules etc.) It almost always happens on a Friday.

2 Likes

Maybe rushing to meet a deadline and pushing code out the door before end of week / end of month? Wyze has not gotten a great handle on development. See for example the crazy DNS query thread (thousands of spurious lookups from the V3s).

1 Like

You’re wrong.

It happens all the time. It’s just that on other days, there’s someone up at Wyze trying to fix things before more people notice. :grin:

3 Likes

It just started working for me again. I didn’t power cycle or change anything, and my nightly reboot isn’t scheduled for another hour. Sigh.

The Alexa announcement worked, although the event is still labeled only as “Motion” in the Wyze app. I give up. :frowning:

2 Likes

Same issue here. I had no issues receiving regular motion detection notifications and any events that would have triggered PD were motion.

Tell me about it :joy::joy: It took them months to fix an issue I was having with the motion sensor and Alexa triggers.

If they want people to pay for Cam plus, it should be reliable. An hour of downtime is acceptable, but a whole day is a little much. Hopefully they will fix this before Monday. Although I doubt it.

3 Likes

I hope someone will eventually make an XNOR like on-camera PD software. The idea of relying on a cloud service for stuff like this isn’t really something I enjoy, and incidents like this reinforce my viewpoint.

If there was a way to get “AI” detection with HASS, I would have flashed my cams a while ago.

2 Likes

FINALLY! I woke up to the person detection announcements working… and person events recording with exception of the outdoor cam that keeps showing motion for a clearly identified pet. I signed up for the HOME MONITORING coming in April but feeling like I just gave a donation to the company instead.

2 Likes

I believed they want you to get CAM Plus to get person detection. I notice person detection has a :lock: on it and not my option any longer. Versus before it would get at least 15 sec of someone. Now nothing.

1 Like

Still absolutely no notifications whatsoever

Ticket ID numbers

1 Like

Same here…Wyze, a response please to the people that purchased your products! I was considering replacing my NVR/ip cams but the service is not reliable

2 Likes

Adding my name to the list of people not getting any notifications of any kind for the past few days. I don’t have cam plus but I do have the person detection. Some events are still recording but I’ve not gotten any notifications for them for the past few days. I’m not sure if it’s tied to the latest firmware or not. Have 2 version 3s, one outdoor cam, and one v2. None of them are giving notifications of any kind. Checked all of my notification settings and restarted all the cameras and base station with no success. Seems like it has to be the back end.

1 Like

I’ve put in my two cents on same issues across the forums last night. However today I am finding that not only is Alexa recognizing all of my cameras, (including the ones with legacy person detection and no cam plus) are being person detected now). I was able to choose which Amazon devices I wanted them to announce on.That is new. My routines in wyze and Alexa are announcing person detection again. And under a minute of delay for notification. I think someone flipped the switch to working again? For me anyway. Hopefully this will start working for everybody else too!

1 Like

I posted in the other thread as well. I pay for person detection and it’s not working. Also three V2 cameras detect motion but not sending notifications. Started yesterday.

1 Like

Same here, SD cards won’t record, Plus Service doesn’t work, getting an error code when trying to review video. Support has same song and dance, please send me your log, blah, blah,blah. All they are doing is going in circles and buying time and wasting our time and wasting my Money. As I installed 3 of these came “2 with Plus Service” for my old age dad, who think people in his building were breaking into his home. If they were, Cameras sure couldn’t detect them at all and plus service never worked.

I wonder if they are going Bankrupt and are just collecting plus service as much as they can.

No more Wyze cams for me and will be calling Credit Card Company for a full refund since September.

1 Like

The only notifications I am now getting on all of my 12 cameras are sound. I get a motion detection but no text notification on all cameras. Also I do not get a person detection or text notification on any camera. I did not subscribe to cam plus. I won’t until I get better person detection. I used to get every leaf and squirrel as a person.

1 Like

I’ve seen that there since the original quiet release of the Alexa announcement feature… Glad you’re working again.

1 Like

Same here…cam plus not working at all since last update

2 Likes

I thought that it was only me! It seems that something happens at the end of every month, although this is the first time that it was only the person detection. Is there a monthly reset that we should do that they forgot to tell us about? Frustrating!!

1 Like

I am not receiving person notifications either.

1 Like

Not working also for the past few days.

1 Like