No Motion Detection Since 10/14/2020

Mine kept doing this even after resetting. I replaced the 64GB SD Card (unsupported) with a 32GB and no problems since.

Sorry about the delay in getting back but I’m kind of busy with other stuff. The 3 I’m considering are the Eufy 2K (you sound like you’re familiar with that so no need for me to comment further), ReoLink E1 and Wansview 1080P Q5.

Now on to your questions.

1 - PD I don’t use so of no interest to me and I haven’t looked into it.
2 - No subscription required for either for how I use them but available for additional ‘cloud’ capabilities.
3 - Both have local mSD card capability
4 - Both have a PC based APP :+1:
5 - Both have the capability to set ‘motion sensitivity’. With the ReoLink that sensitivity can be set differently for up to 5 time periods (4 defined by start/end time and the 5th being everything else) during the day.

I decided on the ReoLink for a number of reasons -

1 - PC application is orders of magnitude better. Wansview is live view only with pan and tilt. ReoLink has just about full configuration capabilities in addition to live view, pan tilt, event review, etc.

2 - ReoLink has the ability to turn off IR leds if the camera is behind glass and still switch from day to night mode. The Wansview has the capability as well but not if auto-switching from day to night - limiting the locations where I could use it.

3 - ReoLink can add ‘fill light’ (they call it ‘backlight’) to shadow areas bringing out a lot of detail unseen by both Wansview and Wyze.

4 - And the big one - the ReoLink has 2880 (72X40 grid) ‘motion detection zones’ versus a single rectangular zone like the Wansview (and Wyze) camers(s). It’s actually possible to ‘draw’ a detection zone around a moving object, say a tree, and trigger an alert when something enters the zone but objects moving within the zone, like leaves in a breeze, won’t trigger false alerts.

At this time my only ‘complaint’ about the ReoLink is some camera settings can only be done from the mobile app, and others from the PC app.

Both the ReoLink and Wansview apps are poorly documented but there’s a lot of resources available on the ReoLink web site.

Both cameras have been ‘rock solid’ in operation for the 3-4 weeks I’ve been testing - no missing events, no missing notifications, etc. I had one instance of ‘slow network’ with the ReoLink but can’t say that was directly related to the camera or ReoLink (possibly my wife streaming a video over WiFi?). I did have a one time issue with the ReoLink not maintaining a connection to my router but I’m sure that was related to the outlet it was plugged into because after changing that (from the top outlet to the bottom) it cleared up and never returned so I’m sure it was something local to me.

Oh yeah that’s been happening to me too. First few times I thought maybe it was just a one-off event, but it seems to occur every so often. I get a error message saying Failed to upload clip. Check wi-fi connection settings or something to that extent. I thought it was just me, glad to know I’m not alone. Wonder if we can submit a bug ticket or something?

That’s almost exactly identical to my problem too. Good to know at least it’s not a localized problem, I guess it may be a good idea for me to also to open some tickets with Wyze. Please keep us updated if you hear any updates from them!

The last uploaded clip right before the symptom starts throws this error message, in my case.
This evidence was included in one of my tickets, but no updates yet. :frowning:

heytim,
I think it’s a good idea to open tickets and let them know more users are having this problem.
I opened mine about this problem on Oct. 5th, but no updates yet.
I just updated the firmware from 4.9.6.193 to 4.9.6.199 yesterday, but I am not sure if this new version would fix the problem.
I will keep this thread updated. :slight_smile:

Seems like a strange question but is calling them really the only way to open a tech support ticket?

tenor

Their web-chat always worked for me the few times I’ve used them. I will tell you that they don’t know jack. They follow a script and aren’t aware of many common issues or 90% of beta stuff. I’ve found much more success talking to people in here and figuring out things myself. On the plus side, because they don’t know about lots of known issues, when all their standard troubleshooting failed about a sensor notification issue, they gave me new sensors (which still had the same issue until support released new firmware). So, there is that… You always have the chance to get free devices… But that’s not really what I was looking for.

1 Like

Yours is animated, but mine was first. :slight_smile:

It’s really a shame that it’s failing repeatedly. The detection has been working so well for me (and is today so far).

I still wonder whether this is somehow related to back end Wyze changes (such as the disappearing devices issue yesterday).

Glad you got it working again. My cams have issue even without SD cards.

Thank you for sharing the Reolink features. Reolink got my attention today after watching a youtube video rating popular popular cameras.

Yeah, that’s actually exactly same with me too! The last clip doesn’t get uploaded, then no more new events either. I thought it was my internet connections, but that can’t be it if it happens to both of us (I would think)

You’re certainly right, hopefully then they know that more users are having this problem and will find a solution. I haven’t updated to the new firmware yet, but not too optimistic since the release notes don’t mention anything about this problem. I will also keep you updated…now to figure out how to actually open a ticket…

So It’s been about 2 weeks since I manually rebooted the camera last time, and this symptom hasn’t happened yet.
I am not sure if the new update(4.9.6.199) fixed it or a new rule (upload a short clip to the cloud at noon daily) helped it, but the camera has been working fine.
The only weird thing I see happening now is, occasionally I see 3-4 second long clips, and some of them don’t play with the infamous “Failed to upload Event. Please check your WiFi connection.” error.

@heytim if you updated your camera(s) with the latest version, let me know how yours is.

just to throw in mine in case that is helpful. mine is currently running, 4.10.6.193 and has been perfect for a couple weeks now.

Hi, @royals.
Did you mean 4.9.6.193? I am asking because 4.9.6.199 is the latest according to the Wyze app.
But I am glad your is working fine. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update! For mine, I did a hard reboot about a week ago since the camera was showing offline. Since then though, it seems to have been working okay - although like you I still get the occasional ‘Failed to upload event’. But the events mostly seem to be uploading, for now…

I didn’t update the firmware to the latest version though, given the recent issues with them I’ve been hesitant to update any of mine. Maybe I will now though, since it’s working well for you too. The current firmware on it is 4.9.6.193

Well it has been working sporadically lately. Roughly a week ago the Camplus subscription seemed to ‘disappear’ on that camera, and it started uploading 12 second clips only, even though the Service section of the app correctly assigned my Camplus subscription to that camera.

I tried moving the Camplus subscription to another camera, and that worked fine, but when I switched it back it still didn’t work. After I upgraded the firmware, that problem seemed to be fixed.

But last couple days event uploading has been sporadic again. Right now, it shows the camera is offline…but when I click into it to open Live View, a live stream shows up properly… Events are again not uploading