Motion Sensor Stuck "In Progress."

I found this and am in the process now of testing it. Other piece of info is that some of the aftermarket cam cases may cause pressure on the button. There is confusing info about what the button does. Ranges from disabled in FW3.3 to causing a reset. Think I remember hearing that it was disabled in FW3.3 earlier but haven’t found confirmation. I guess-just don’t press it!
Possible Solution

I generally avoid touching the button for fear that it might do something undesirable.

My motion sensor got stuck “in progress” twice yesterday. There were no vehicles involved this time. The first time it cleared itself about four hours when another event occurred. The second time it cleared while I was trying to take the battery out, which I was struggling to do. I’m not sure if it cleared when it lost power or just before that (because of all the motion that I was creating).

It would be great to get some input on this issue from a Wyze tech?

1 Like

Thanks-I new I had seen that but as usual when you are in a hurry you can’t find anything.

1 Like

You’re welcome. You were right on the money. :+1:

Results of testing the “ Possible Solution
I replaced the stock power brick on my V2 bridge cam which was giving me troubles with linked devices going off line- 2 Motion censors and one set of contacts. I used a 2+amp brick from an Ipad. Since then everything has been online, has stayed online and seems to be working as expected. I am cautiously optimistic.:pray::crossed_fingers:t2:

I didn’t find that thread earlier… I can say that when I first got my sense devices, I had two v2 cameras daisy chained, i.e. running off one power supply. I plugged the bridge into the second camera and the sense devices were going off-line every now and then. Wyze support suggested that I use separate power supplies and that solved that problem but then the “in progress” issue started.

I have a spare Sony 1.5A power supply that I’ve just plugged in. I’ll report back in 7 days if not before. How long have you been using your 2A power supply?

I believe in thorough testing before disclosing. (He said facetiously). I’ve only been using it for about 8 hours now. However the sensors have stopped going on & off line and I haven’t had a stuck in progress issue yet either. Switched second bridge cam to the larger power supply- it has one sensor that constantly gives problems. We’ll see how that goes.
I’ll post back when there’s more ’ scientific’ data.

My sense devices have all gone offline (already) so I’ve swapped the 1.5A power supply for a Samsung 2A and I wil see how that goes.

Running commentary on this thread: as of this morning at 8;00 everything is still online :sunglasses: but one motion is stuck “in progress”:cry:.

Running commentary on this thread: as of this morning at 8;00 everything is still online :sunglasses: but one motion is stuck “in progress”:cry:.
12:00 update:
Just removed and reset the battery. Still stuck.
Sigh-
Filed a support ticket. All other devices on these bridge cams are working fine, so I think I possibly, maybe, might, hopefully just have two bad sensors.

My sensor is stuck “in progress” as I type. Neither of the 1.5A or the 2.0A power adapter has made any difference for me. I think there must be a bug in the firmware of the motion sensor or the bridge. Please post here if your support ticket uncovers a solution. Maybe refer the techs to this thread as there is lots of good background here? Good luck!

UPDATE: I just deleted the motion sensor via the app and then re-added it in the hope that might clear the “in progress” status but it didn’t. It’s still stuck.

Hopefully final update- support responded within about ~2 hours, asked a couple of questions and authorized replacement of both sensors. Should be here within a week or so.
@mwark - there have been a couple of moderators already on this thread but I’ll tag @Loki also. I agree that this is a problem and probably should get more attention.

I’ve submitted a support ticket. My problem is that I’m outside the US and Wyze do not warrant their products here. I bought my Wyze gear from Amazon and from past experience, I can only say that it is difficult to convince them to replace failed products.

You are right- they are unfailing in their return window but being that it tends to be between you and the manufacturer.
But- it will be a pain but you could make a case for an exception just based on Wyze’s lack of international warranty. Amazon does sometimes make exceptions.

Wyze support suggested that I try moving my motion sensor closer to the bridge. I’ve gone from 5.5 metres down to < 2 metres with less obstruction between the sensor and bridge (previously the signal had to pass through two walls). The reported motion sensor signal has gone from 1 bar to 3 bars and I haven’t had any instances of being stuck “in progress” in 2 days. The new location of the motion sensor isn’t ideal but I will stick with it and see what happens. It appears that a signal strength of only 1 bar isn’t good enough (at least not in my home) and of course it’s quite possible that the signal strength is dipping below 1 bar when I’m not looking.

I hope this helps someone else with this very annoying problem.

I’ve had a few instances where a motion sensor was stuck in progress for hours. One time may have been a broken spider web swaying in front (not sure why this would trigger it but clearing it worked), another time I deleted the device removed and replaced the battery and it was fine. Today I had one stuck for a while. I didnt see anything that could cause it but I just wiped the sensor with a tissue and it was fine agian. Only had about 4 occurances like this over 6months.

This may or may not be relevant here. It’s something i just noticed and haven’t had time to test out with the motion sensors.
I also had a contact sensor acting up. Everything apppared normal with battery and signal but when i actually opened it and looked at the battery it was s brand I had never heard of. On a whim i replaced it with an Energizer and the sensor has had no problems since.

1 Like

I just started having the same problem with my motion sensor. It seems to get stuck in the “in Progress” mode when the light level is lower. I have done all the typical troubleshooting steps like battery, reinstalling etc. Has anyone heard if Wyze is actually working this issue?