Introducing Wyze Cam Floodlight! - 11/9/21

Turning off the cam part of the floodlight cam in the app turns off the entire flood light…no cam no floodlight function, they sre integrated. Wi-Fi can’t carry 110 volts over the air to the floodlight… think you’re a little confused… you can turn the floodlight “light” on or off in the app

I don’t think they’re the one confused. The Wyze switch is programmable and there is no reason a tap sequence couldn’t toggle the lamps on the floodlight.

Maybe i am. But to switch question…Yup that seemed like a given obvoius… should work…

That would be great if you are able to get the switch to work that way. Please let us know as I’d order the switch for my floodlight cam as well. Thanks in advance!

Yea, was hoping someone or Wyze could answer this question ahead of time. @jbpratt777, I ordered both with the hopes that it will, else I’m not sure it’ll meet my use case. If it works this way, I’ll let you know. It’ll just be a while since I just ordered from wyze.com.

App shop says Wyze Cam Floodlight $84.99, add to cart, cart shows $94.99. WHY?
Interesting is that the shop on the website correctly lists it at $84.99 in the cart. S&H is different between them also, App shop shows $5.99 S&H.

Yeah, saw that too. Thought they were looking at the high shipping costs and giving people a break. Oh well! :question:

In the video, the camera on the floodlight wouldn’t set up so he removed the camera and replace it with another V3.

it is a little tricky to get the end of the connector through the hole in the support arm of the PIR sensor to remove the whole camera but if you get it at a little angle it will slide through there

1 Like

Yes, and lift the camera up, and use the cable channel below it for good measure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I posted a similar question about the Wyze Switch, and @DimWittedOne addresses what he got to work for what I believe is the same or very close use case I posted in this forum.

Just wanted to link to his response hoping it helps others as well.

2 Likes

Are there plans to add turning the spotlights on with Alexa or google? I would like to group the two floodlight cameras I bought and be able to have Alexa or google turn the lights on for me when asked.

1 Like

Can you adjust the time for the lights to stay on after motion activated? For example, most lights stay on like 30 seconds. Can we adjust it to stay on like 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes?

Yes you can adjust the time for the lights to stay on…
SETTINGS–>ACCESSORIES–>FLOODLIGHT–>TIMER (towards the bottom of page)
Don’t forget to “SAVE”

I actually had to remove the camera, 1 screw, and rotate it counterclockwise so I could aim the camera to the left so I could tilt it down more. I’m about 10ft up the side of the house. I used a small piece of double sided stickie tape to hold the camera in it’s socket.

Is it possible to turn the floodlight on and off with voice commands (Google Home user)? Looks like you can stream the feed but no information on voice commands.

1 Like

Picked up 2 from HD and installed this afternoon, I’m so disappointed. With the sensitivity set to 30 a few errant snowflakes kept turning both floodlights on with just PIR selected for motion and no camera detection - [Mod Edit] that the only only available trigger for the PIR is ‘motion detected’ with no negation options. I have a porch lamp inside hooked to a Wyze plug (since I ran out of smart bulbs), but since there is not negation clause available in the floodlight trigger options all you can do is have the plug turned on - no way to turn it off, even after the flood goes off - tried to have trigger and target the same and have the plug just turn itself off after 5 minutes, nothing works, spent 3 hours on the phone with support, they admitted there are TONS of problems with the floods and said they would send a replacement - but that email confirmation has still not arrived. I was such a soap box pundit for Wyze the past 3 years, but first they stop selling Sense v1 - which most people loved for home automations, and then with Sv2, they require HMS and are forcing you to get the keypad and the monitoring service without offering just the hub and sensors for people just wanting automation and not a security system - I’m just sad, this sucks!

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

I bought 2 Wyze floodlights at HD on Black Friday for $79.99 each. I installed it to my soffit of our covered patio to replace the existing floodlight.
After I installed it, I can’t adjust the camera/sensor up where I wanted. Basically, it’s useless for me to install the camera. I will return them to HD.

rdelp68, how did you get to that settings page? I can’t find it anywhere in the Wyze app. I would like to dim my lights. Thanks,

The settings page is accessed by touching the “gear” icon at upper right. Then it’s
Settings—Accessories—Floodlight
Then use the slide bar to adjust your floodlight brightness

2 Likes