Introducing Wyze Cam Floodlight! - 11/9/21

Yup. I installed mine on a porch ceiling. Easy.

It doesn’t look like there’s a way to just turn the floodlight off. You would think that you could turn the light on or off like a regular wyze bulb.

Probably a dumb question, but why is there no ground wire? Does the mounting bolt contacting the grounded bracket ground the unit?

Apparently yes, but only via the “Long Floodlight Screw” that affixes the unit. This is only made clear in the video.

Interesting that immediately after attaching a wire nut that leaves a quarter inch of copper exposed on the hot wires, the video narration mentions not to leave any copper exposed, just as the demo proceeds to tuck the dangerous exposed joint into the electrical box.

1 Like

You go to live view for the camera and there’s a little button at the top to turn the light on or off

1 Like

I created a shortcut on my home screen for floodlight
on and floodlight off

2 Likes

Yes. It looks like the floodlight cam itself.
This forum is a great aid to me. Thanks to all.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks!

When will it be on ca.wyze.com?

Finally installed mine, no problems just had to source smaller screws for the mounting bracket, for some reason my junction box screw holes weren’t seated deep enough to have the screws tighten the bracket. Camera installed fine,
Notification and detection seem to work fine once I selected a detection zone for the camera so as to not detect cars driving by. Pir detection seems to be working as it should, but seems to be very sensitive, even setting the pir sensitivity to 1% was still detecting out to the street, i haven’t really had a chance to play with the pir settings yet, i will try disabling some sensors hopefully find a solution. Edit… After playing with it tonight,
turning off the middle sensor seems to have fixed it from detecting cars in the street.
So far am happy with the product…i find the intigration of light and camera to be working as depicted in the description. I’m fine with the price, separately a quality led flood costs around 40 to 50 the cam 30. Add on the integration and development in the app…i find it priced fairly. A seperate flood set up would not work as well in my opinion and have less features. Not to mention rigging a way to power the camera, which would add cost and time.

1 Like

Good summary, and glad it’s working for you. At the price ($40 or so) the Wassersteins still seem like a good alternate for those who already have an extra V2 or V3. I’m surprised I can’t really find any other makes that include USB output.

1 Like

I looked at the wasserstien and almost went for it till I read the reviews of constant pir issues and build quality issues.

FY I for everyone , I just found that you can unplug the cable end from the PIR sensor on floodlight
( remove the one screw ) and remove the V3 camera but ,at this time the flood light is not sold separately

1 Like

Just out of curiosity what kind of connection is it?
In the pir. Could any v3 cam be plugged in, would it need a different connection type . Such as a pin connector … could you elaborate a bit more

Any V3 camera will work as is , you just need to take off or slide down the rubber boot that comes standard on the V3 .
The connector on the end of the standard V3 cable that goes to the PIR sensor on the floodlight is female Micro USB

Looking to replace back porch light which is controlled by a regular light switch.

I’m thinking of replacing the light fixture with the Wyze Cam Floodlight and replacing the regular switch with the Wyze Switch. Can I then have it so the Wyze Switch is always powering the Floodlight, and if I single tap the Switch it turns on/off the Floodlight?

Apologies if I missed in the previous 190+ comments.

2 Likes

Thank you for asking. That’s exactly what I want to know.

1 Like

I suppose you could do that, but your camera will also lose power when the switch is off, so you will lose viewing and recording capability.

1 Like

Totally agree with you @jbpratt777, but that’s also the point of my question. I can’t really change how the existing light and switch are wired, but I’m wondering if Smart Mode on the switch was made to do exactly that. If it’s a smart switch, I don’t see why it couldn’t keep power to the floodlight camera and programmatically change what the button does. From what I’ve read the mobile app can turn on/off the floodlight, so this should be possible.

1 Like

That’s a good idea! I don’t have one yet to try it out, but theoretically it SHOULD work, using the Smart mode of the switch. That should maintain power to the floodlight, but allow you to toggle the lights on and off.