Help Needed for Troubleshooting Connectivity Issue

As of recently it hasn’t been that bad, hopefully it stays that way. I am having a weird audio interference only on two cameras, but I have no clue whats causing it.

After buying a mesh system (Tp link deco) I think things have improved. I can’t set a channel manually on the Deco, and I don’t think I would want to. I live in a neighborhood and the houses are very close, I can see ten other networks at least, near me. So it’s kinda important for my router to be on a channel separate from everyone else. :stuck_out_tongue:

Run the test app

Sometimes support will have you run an app that they use to analyze your network , it is called Route This Helps

1 Like

My Pan cam keeps getting the -90 error but my v2 is just fine. In the last 48 hours, the camera is offline for the majority of the day and night.

It sounds like it might be a network issue. How far is your pan from your router? Have you tried powering off then on again? What other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

1 Like

So far I’ve done several power cycles and resets with the button on the bottom. The camera is only 20-25 feet away from my router which has extended range on it. For comparison, I can connect to my router with my phone up to 250 feet away down the street. Edit: I moved the camera closer and it worked for a bit but has gone offline again. The camera is currently 10 feet away from the router and has a solid blue light.

1 Like

That is very strange. My first thought was interference on the wifi channel, but that shouldn’t happen when you’re 10 feet away. If you want to confirm they switching your wifi to use another channel.

Oh I forgot to ask. Are you just using a router or have it connected to a wifi extender?

2 Likes

Just a router. It just has really good range on it. To be specific, it’s an Asus AC3100.

I don’t know if this will help you or not but check it out

2 Likes

Seems to be working so far. I’ll have to wait to see if it goes down again. Thanks!

What did you do ? did you do anything or did it just start working?

Could it have been issues with the ISP, ie internet connectivity issues?

I turned off the airtime fairness as suggested in that post you gave me. I also optimized my network for gaming but I doubt that had much of an effect. That part was just for my Xbox.

OK , cool I hope it fixed it

1 Like

Welp, a few hours later and it’s down again with the 90 error. Back to square one.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be happening with that router
You should send in a support request here

1 Like

I used an extender to take some load off my router and it is working better now. Seems like the older router doesn’t like Wyze bulbs but works fine with other bulbs I have.

There are at least two documented cases of ASUS interference problems, but beyond that all my cams break contact with my live stream view at least once a day. I just hit reload. If it doesn’t reload, that is a problem.

3 Likes

Same here. Camera goes off line every other day but with a solid blue light? Constantly have to reboot camera or gateway and they are in the same room ten feet away from each other. I was going to buy a couple more cameras but have decided not to until they can get these things to work properly.

No… all i get is instructions on “how” to upgrade firmware, whatever… Now i have 4 bricks sitting here Ready to be returned… They are officially junk slow Yi cams now with Latest firmware…

They connect (sometimes) and 70k 60k 40k 20k 6k and then 0.0k Done then disconnect…

Ripped my wifi setup apart to ONLY a cam and my phone app… 67k 43k 30k 13k 4K and 0.0k to a disconnect…

Mind you- Full resets; Router / Modem / removal of repeaters / even reAdding the cam to a Fresh network… MULTIPLE breakdowns and isolation possibilities…

Even New Wifi Router… cams connect (once in a while) and count down to 0.0k for a disconnect…

The last ROM (firmware) Junked all 4 of my cams…