Help Needed for Troubleshooting Connectivity Issue

Would’ve been nice for your Reps to mention down-Flash the firmware…

What a crock of $/&:)-

Do Not upgrade your cams through the app people… sept firmware is a Bump in this Wyze Cam road

Hey @MichaelGee sorry to hear about your negative experience with your cameras. This is an odd problem that you have described. Because I actually updated all 4 of my cams through the app and didn’t have any issues at all. I don’t have any explanation for the strange behavior in your cameras after the update. I can only recommend contacting the Wyze support team.

That said, If you want to contact a Wyze Wizard about the trouble you’ve been having please contact them through the Wyze app and include the log file. Go to the Wyze app > Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

So sorry to hear your experience! Very frustrating I am sure. I second @StopICU33 thoughts I think you would benefit from contacting Wyze directly.

I can say that I experienced similar behavior in several of my cams. What resolved it for me was a router replacement. But it sounds like you have tried that as well.

My experience with the most recent firmware updates has been very positive I am sorry yours has not been. Do contact Wyze at the top right support link. They truly are very helpful. On this forum we are all users like yourself. We don’t actually work for Wyze.

1 Like

Already been dealing with support ticket, multiple days, only refers me out to “How to update your cameras” not one breath of wind on DownFlashing from the guy…

This was an INTENSE problem solving experience… this device that device- and all the different setups and combinations of each…

I did find, after manual down-flashing and app upgrading, that September ROM worked fine Without the sdcard installed… Powered off installed sdcard (clean empty Wyze card) then the camera did the Countdown to 0.0k and a disconnect…

Again- multiple cams and multiple cards, clean cam formats as well…

Hardware requires a non-standard 16k cluster format on the sdcards… China Yi cam internals…

Anyway, I am up n running with June or July ROM, so far…

2 Likes

It seems the wyze products don’t play well with some routers. I moved all my wyze stuff to the extender and it seems to work fine now.

Well, as soon as i plugged Cam01 back-in, Cam02 locked-up accessing sdcard… now my cams are in the Fatal countdown to 0.0k Disconnect again…

All New Everything…
so it looks like all 4 cams are to be Boxed up for a Return… i am done Fighting for a cam to work, i Shouldn’t have to Work for Days to see what i want to see…

The second worst camera experience I’ve ever had… 1st being Chinese version YiCams and Hacking the ROM to work in the United States…

All is Junk… and my referrals to my customer base is “oh Hell no, Don’t call me”

Shouldn’t have updated my iOS app
Shouldn’t have updated my cams
Even with down-flash- Still in the Countdown to 0.0k Disconnect…

Worked Excellent before iOS app and firmware, that’s that’s why went out for my fourth cam… Sad Sad

Everything goes back as a Full Return
This vet is Tired of fighting…

Please keep in mind the phone app does not do anything to the cameras nor does iOS. Your issue may indeed be some form of interaction between the two. But there are literally thousands and thousands of users with iOS using the cameras without the issues you are experiencing.

Stick with support they can best help you. We are all users that volunteer our time and assistance but we don’t work for Wyze. Support has tools and experience to be able to help you.

By the way I have a total of 9 cameras and use iOS myself and I don’t have the issues you seem to have.

2 Likes

2 cams did Not come with an sdcard
3rd and 4th cams came with Wyze sdcard, Problems started Here with these cams…

The formatted capacity of Wyze sdcard’s is 29.52

The formatted capacity of Micro Center sdcard’s is 29.31

Possible FAT failure with Wyze sdcard’s
All cards formatted in cams to validate 16k cluster requirement

it is quite possible, batch of cams at Home Depot came with Dead sdcard’s

Doing a full manual format of one Wyze sdcard to see if file allocation table will be set at the 29.31, this takes a long time so, letting y’all know where I’m at…

Cams work Fine without Wyze sdcard’s
Not giving up yet, good coffee this morning

Good luck!

Thee update…
Didn’t matter what i was doing to sdcard’s, the two cams that came with an sdcard are unable to access the recorded content, Period… doesn’t matter what card is in there…

Defect in Read/Write i/o access, they write, but corrupt themselves when reading…

Both of them… what are the odds?

Sure i had nothing to do for 4 full days of ripping my Entire system apart

Unbelievable

You do seem to have more than your share of misfortune. After you have spoken to support hopefully all your issues will be resolved.

no, there was nothing from “support”
As i stated earlier, support personnel only mentioned how to upgrade your cams…

Not a single iota of problem solving whatsoever… nothing… Did all the diagnostics on my own…

Once i made the determination of i/o fault, i returned them marking Clearly on the box itself the errors…

New cams are working Perfectly with all of my stuff… disabled update 1st and foremost…

Kind of a bummer having to Work for 4days isolating the problems, but hey it’s a small new company using Yi cams wrapped up in a square plastic case, all they really know is the box, housing, and ROM code… :+1:

Wyze Cam Installed a week ago. Not recording events, no notifications. When SD card added still no event, no notifications, no recording to SD card either continuous or events. Can manually record to SD photo and video.

Wyze support has not been of any assistance. “Force stop the app and restart.” Is all they have come up with. The cams (2) are not recording to cloud nor the SD cards.

Try taking out the SD card and reformatting it on your computer. Your micro SD should have come with an adapter for a standard SD for use on computers. I had a similar issue and this worked for me.

Tried that no recording. Can manually record so the cam sees the sd card and can write to it. Does not record events or continuously. Without sd card no recording to the cloud (events)

Thanks for the suggestion. More than support has given.

1 Like

Hi, @johnlein!

Do you have a ticket number from the support email? If you do, please post it and we will get some attention over here for you from @UserCustomerGwen. She is an awesome Wyze employee that can look into this for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Manual recording in live view does not save the video to your SD card , it puts the recording in your album

5 Likes

Lots of problems few fixes! Cams work fine APP keeps crashing. Find a fix or buy them back!!!~ Maybe return them for a RING!

Welcome to the community, @hippie1. The community might be able to assist you if you provide more details with the problem you’re having. Also, have you submitted a support request to Wyze, including logs from the app?

(Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.)

3 Likes

Among other things we need App version, camera type, device (phone, tablet, ??), OS and OS version, amount of root memory available on device to be able to help, version of the App .
Also where bought (Wyze, Amazon, Ebay, Home Depot, etc). Do you have an SD card?
And finally at least tell us what operation is causing it to crash?