Google nest hub keeps displaying "smart home camera"

The same problem over here. Every time I try to see any of my 10 wyze cams on google home nest I only see a black screen and the notice for 2 minutes “smart home cameras”. I now have only two choices. Replace all my wyze cams with an other brand or change to Alexa. ¿what should I do? My wyze cam is a v2 and the firmware 4.9.8.156. I also want to add that I live in europe, not sure if that has something to do with it since Wyze always states that they do not support europe for what ever reason.

im getting it too. one of my Nest Hubs casts to the TV and that seems to work, the camera feed shows up on the TV after a few seconds of buffering. but on the other Nest Hub in the other room, i get the issue everyone is describing above.

Same issue as everyone. Any solution post?

Same issue here. Help

The most up to date information was posted in the thread I linked below, there are also some detailed posts by WyzeFrederik in that thread about the challenges they are having. Currently they are implementing something called WebRTC and Google has informed WYZE of a codec issue being worked on. If you read the 3 or 4 posts by WyzeFrederik in the linked thread you will see what I am referring to.

2 Likes

I think we should create some noise about this topic. Keep replying to the thread so that Wyze makes this a priority.

I don’t know at who to point the finger, but I am cancelling my order for outdoor cams and not buying anymore Wyze products until this is resolved. I wish that Frederik would have linked the corresponding threads rather than the nitwit that responded here. My search criteria for a camera was “works with Google”. So I really don’t care about why, I don’t want to waste my time and money on products that don’t “work with Google”. I am not switching to Alexa, I will just do without. Wyze, please stop talking about what you are going to do and just do it.

I cancelled by orders for additional cameras last week. This has been going on far to long. My nest cameras can stream 24 hours a day without any issues.

Disappointed. Google hasn’t replied to my case either. What’s taking so long to root cause the issue?

I just spent about an hour linking and unlinking and updating and reinstalling and… The long and the short of it is that if I ask my Nest Hub to show Playroom Camera, I get a black screen that says “Playing Smart Home Camera”. Then a black screen that says “Smart Home Camera”. No video. What is up. This should be pretty basic. It’s bad enough that the camera video can’t be viewed in Home app, but it says that it can be stream to Nest Hub. This must be fixed; otherwise, there is absolutely no Google integration. It is a standalone product that only works through its own app. Advertising it as anything else is a clear misrepresentation.

1 Like

I can’t view my cameras and although the sensors appear in google home, I cannot see their status. Smart bulbs work

@demiller66
Yes this currently does not work, the link below will take you to the most up to date information. Long story short it is something both Google and Wyze are working on.

2 Likes

Not sure what has changed but my camera is now working on the nest hub max. Only started today with about a 10 to 15 sec delay.

Hopefully not a fluke and it keeps working.

Tim

So Wyze team,

Can someone explain please?

Thanks

Still can’t view streams on my google hub either.

Sad to see functionality that they introduced to just leave it there broken without any fix or communication on path forward from Wyze . That’s how you start losing customers.

@Frederik @UserCustomerGwen several clear and concise points to make, and they really need to be communicated to the top:

1. your products should not be advertised as “works with Google” because they don’t
  2. I own many wyze cams, sensors, pre-ordered the doorbell, etc… but am rethinking all of this and considering tossing it all in the garbage because you simply cannot get the Google hub integration functioning… this is a key part of the larger system and to not funnel more effort into this massive issue could be your demise
  3. we see you releasing new products constantly this part year (headphones, doorbell, wrist band, thermostat, etc): unless you fix your existing issues, your customers will lose faith in your ability to support your products… releasing new products while your existing ones don’t serve their intended purpose feels like a slap in the face
  4. it’s been YEARS since the wyze cam / google hub integration “launched” yet it hasn’t reliably worked a day since… if your team can’t solve it, poach employees that have solved google integration issues from another wifi camera company

Well said. For me, the way Wyze has handled this really gives me no faith in their maintaining Google Home integration if they ever do get this fixed. I really don’t care whose “fault” it is, it should not take professional developers this long to at least release a beta solution. My take is that Wyze just doesn’t care. I don’t care how good or how cheap their products are, if they don’t fully support my Google Home products, they are headed for eBay.

Exactly. Are Nest cams and doorbells more expensive? Yes. But guess what? They work. Who wants a doorbell that doesn’t dispatch a video feed to a central display (located in a kitchen for example) in your house?

I cancelled my order for the Wyze doorbell. Really unfortunate.

Anybody notice that the new Wyze Cam v3 (which seems to have replaced Wyze Outdoor) doesn’t say anything about Google integration?? I think that says it all there…sorry Wyze, but your customers are going to continue to drop like flies…bad form.

1 Like