Google nest hub keeps displaying "smart home camera"

Sorry you feel that way. It seemed to be a discussion, and I was hoping to provide a perspective.

The world is very connected, and lots of things depend on other things. If one of the things isn’t cooperating, there may be nothing you can do.

I very much want my hub to show the video from my Wyze cameras, and I’m sure it’ll get fixed. And I know it’s hard to be patient, but since I have my phone to see the video, I can survive with that until the other is fixed.

Best of luck to you. I hope you find a tech that works all the time for you.

I see you continue the condescending message. FWIW, I own an IT company and have several IT degrees, so I understand the amateur SDLC references. I just don’t agree that Wyze is not responsible to it’s customers and I don’t appreciate your attempt to blame those participating in this thread for unrealistic expectations. It is an issue for me and nearly everyone in this thread, so if you don’t agree, please move on to a thread that is more important to you. We really don’t need your uninformed attempts to make excuses for Wyze.

Let’s stay on topic. We all know that it’s hard to run a company but if one of your advertised features isn’t working I think at least you should provide some sort of explanation / roadmap / ETA on a solution. So plz Wyze team. Just say something with more substance that. It’s googles fault…

Btw there something on the webpage that un guys are working on a different tech so the cam feed is not so delayed on the hub. Maybe that’s something you could rush now since what u got ain’t working anyway?

Any updates at all? Im losing my patience here, maybe I will get from another more reliable brand. I had my trust in Wyze for a long time and this is is outrageous. Gonna have to sell them Wyze Cams tho.

I bought a Wyze v2 and pan cam because of the integration with Google Nest Hub, this last week. I too have the “Smart Home Camera” text instead of video. I purchased two TP-Link Kasa cams, basically same functionality as the two Wyze cams, and they both display perfectly and quickly on the Nest Hub. What’s frustrating is that Wyze cams are clearly better designed, seem sturdier, and are much more aesthetically pleasing. I really want the Wyze cams over the Kasa cams, but the whole point of getting these was for the Hub integration, and it doesn’t work. I would feel better about keeping the Wyze cams if there was some kind of public acknowledgement of the issue and an estimate/ballpark schedule for when to expect a fix (don’t lecture me on the unknowns, there are some simple statements that can be made indicating a commitment to solving the problem).

Remember that everyone should “heart” this post so that it receives as much attention as possible from the Wyze support team and product owners who may be lurking on these boards.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. Please keep us posted!

The latest updates I have seen are Google finally saying there is also an issue on their side and both sides continue to look into it.

Same issue here. I bought a Google nest hub precisely to use with wyze cam and am disappointed to see no progress on this issue in a month.

I bought a nest hub as the Google home app said it would work.

I’m also getting the same issue.

Wyze, please get your act together. I like your cameras because they have a small footprint, simple design, and I can deploy several of them for a couple hundred dollars. That being said, I have some feedback for you.

1. You are missing out on a market share of those that do not want to view cameras from an app on a mobile device. For instance, my (elderly) father-in-law was looking for a low cost home security solution and your name never came up as a suggestion. This is because he doesn’t want to fumble with a mobile device. He would rather go old school and watch all of his cameras on a monitor 24x7. My suggestion for you on this is if you offered a smart TV application or PC application, then there would be no problem. – Not every freaking thing needs to be cloud controlled!

2. You advertise that these work with Google Home and in fact they DO NOT! Until you get this feature working, you cannot sell products like this as this is false advertisement. I am sure there is a large populous that have purchased your cameras for this feature alone. – I see a class-action lawsuit in your future.

3. Perhaps you should invest more time into maintaining software for the products you already have versus spending time on a failed product such as the outdoor camera. No one wants a camera that you have to take down to charge when using the v2 camera with third party outdoor enclosures works just fine. Not to mention, making it easier for someone just to steal the camera altogether. Yes, I am not a fan of the outdoor camera as I believe it is a rushed design any nothing more than a money grab. And yet another device that will not work with Google Home.

4. Since your NAS product has also failed, why not give the people what they want? A camera firmware that actually works with Google Home. A camera firmware that fully supports RTSP, and not a lame fork that is buggy as all hell, so users can use their own NAS systems or third party applications. And lastly, unlock us from the bondage you have us slaved to mobile devices. Give us some smart TV apps, desktop apps, some other earthly way to view our cameras then having to hold a freaking device in our hands all the time!

5. STOP making thermometers, and masks; leave this to the medial industry! You are becoming just like every other business out there trying to capitalize on this pandemic! Devote your resources to maintaining your flagship products rather than pushing rushed designs and crap no one wants to buy from you to market for a quick money grab.

In summary, until you get your priorities sorted out, I feel I cannot recommend your products to anyone anymore.

5 Likes

After about 30 seconds of buffering… IT’S WORKING AGAIN !!! Google MAX Hub! Started streaming at
~ 12:15PM EST !!

Working for me as well. Thanks for the fix!

It stopped so i had to restart it but i guess … it’s a start …

Nope it won’t start streaming again :frowning: i’ll keep trying…

Still not working on my end. It’s doing something different then it used to though… says “playing smart home camera” with a play bar underneath and “live” in the bottom right. But it just keeps flashing that and nothing else works

I have the original Google display. My Nest Hello works perfectly. One of my four Wyze cameras works. The others don’t display no matter how long I wait.

Is the firmware up to date on all of them or are some running old firmware

They are all on the most current firmware (Cams 4.9.6.156, Pan 4.10.6.156). My Google Display says it is up-to-date. It is running the following: SOFTWARE VERSION 29.14.20.322928978 CAST FIRMWARE VERSION 1.46.203796. Today I can’t get the camera that worked yesterday (or any other) to work again.

The same problem over here. Every time I try to see any of my 10 wyze cams on google home nest I only see a black screen and the notice for 2 minutes “smart home cameras”. I now have only two choices. Replace all my wyze cams with an other brand or change to Alexa. ¿what should I do? My wyze cam is a v2 and the firmware 4.9.8.156. I also want to add that I live in europe, not sure if that has something to do with it since Wyze always states that they do not support europe for what ever reason.