Doorbell Chime will not connect

I had the same issue and here is what helped me: Some have suggested to reboot your doorbell, then try to pair. It never worked, but then I realized that the reboot doorbell button in the app wasn’t actually rebooting my doorbell. So i went to the breaker that the doorbell was on and turned it off for 20 seconds and turned it back on (basically doing a manual reboot). Tried to pair the chime again and BINGO worked like a charm.

Edit: just for curiosity sake, mine is a pre-order model.

NONE of that worked for me on 2 pre-ordered doorbells. The 3 I bought from Home Depot worked fine. The issue is with pre-ordered doorbells.

For the life of me can’t get the chime to connect to the Wyze Doorbell. First one I ordered was from Amazon. Second I bought at Home Depot. Neither will connect. Wyze are you paying attention? Seems like this is a really common issue.

I’ve forgotten how I got mine to play nice. Worked for me and some others, but not all. It should be in the thread though. Fingers crossed.

What bothers me more, is that it rarely detects the mail truck delivering my daily dose of junk mail.

The Home Depot one won’t connect either. Wow. They were the only ones that worked for me. Installed 3 of them with no issue.

Doorbell install was easy, but I cannot get the chime to connect.

Pre order or did you get from Home Depot?

First one came from Amazon. Second from Big Box Orange store. Neither chime works. Big bummer.

exchange at another HD…there is a bad batch of doorbells that will not connect no matter what…

Hey everyone I can’t get mine to connect.

I disconnect the positive and negative it still wouldn’t work. Is it not compatible with this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I ended up exchanging mine at a different HD and this one works. 3rd times the charm…

yup…there it is

Worked perfectly for me. Thanks for posting!

:beers:

I came to the forums because the chime on my Home Depot purchased Wyze doorbell kit will not work. The chime connects to the doorbell and shows up as an accessory under the doorbell setting, but it never makes a sound when the doorbell is depressed. It does seem to go through the setup process to connect just fine. I’ve attempted to multiple solutions based on what I’ve read in this forum thread and other places online.

UPDATE:

My firewall has egress filtering. After fully opening the firewall for the device, removing the device from the Wyze App, re-adding the device to the App, then connecting the chime, the chime started working. So, I discovered that there’s additional network communication used by the doorbell over the Wyze cams and lock.

My firewall has rules in place to allow known traffic from the Wyze cameras and I got lazy and made an incorrect assumption that the Wyze doorbell, being a camera, would use the same network communication. What I should’ve done was taken a packet capture of the new device before putting it into production.

So, I took a packet capture of device while using it along with the chime and then created an initial set of firewall egress rules that allowed the device to function. Then the rules were applied to only the Wyze doorbell because there’s additional network communication required over the other Wyze cameras.

Why all of this trouble? Because the S in IoT stands for security.

EDIT: removed unrelated content to stay on topic.

If it did connect, did you choose a tone and volume level?? If these options are not available, return and try one from another HD.

Hey WallyCam, the chime started working with some additional troubleshooting and I updated my original comment. It was a problem with my firewall egress filtering, or it appears to be so. Time will tell.

oh, ok, will check it out…

Serious network admin you got going on over there…nice job…

This is mainly a FYI on what I ran across - My Home Depot Purchase did work but the chime would not connect. Called Wyze support and they sent me a whole new doorbell under warranty. This is where I figured out my problem. The replacement doorbell wouldn’t even boot up. It just kept cycling trying to power up. The new chime wouldn’t connect with my Home Depot doorbell either. I truly was thinking… I am SOL and doubt Wyze is going to send a second replacement.
It wasn’t till my neighbor came by and press the doorbell. I noticed my phone didn’t alert me and I am looking right at my neighbor. Come to fine out… while pressing the doorbell button it caused a reboot on the Home Depot doorbell. Keep in mind the the camera and motion detection always worked when accessing it. From all the posts in this support chat, I decided to buy a new transformer. Everything works now and even the replacement Wyze sent. Unfortunately, I can’t keep both doorbells but the transformer was the problem from the start. It was a lack of “stable” power.

3 Likes