Doorbell Chime will not connect

IT WAS THE DOORBELL! I could never get the chime to connect no matter what. Swapped the pre-order doorbell with one purchased from Home Depot. Chime connected within 20 seconds-solid blue light on chime. Then go into app to set volume and chime alert tone! All is well. Looks like its the doorbell and NOT the chime.

1 Like

Congrats ! ! !

My chime connected (I believe, it shows up in the app) but when you press the doorbell you never hear the chime. Why canā€™t I use my existing wired chime?

u should have bypassed the wired chime during install. this is required so the doorbell has constant power

when accessing the chime through the app, can you hear the tones available & adjust volume?

Yesā€¦via the appā€¦

Was having these exact same issues. Chimeā€™s LED stayed yellow
even after numerous resets and door bell reboots. But I finally
got it to work, with the expected solid blue light by deleting the
chime as an extended device in the app and re-adding it. Bingo.
I also flipped the chime so its reset button and LED were facing
down. I was lying on the floor to see them. Donā€™t know if the flipping that swapped the polarity was what got it to work, ???

Hope you all have similar success.

Also, donā€™t know if this makes a difference, but my initial set up was using the app on my iPad. When I just got it to work, I was using the app on my iPhone. My iPad app was not up-to-date, though. I noticed that it didnā€™t have the Detection Zone in the Detection Settings whereas my iPhone app did. BTW, after updating the iPad app, the ā€œDetection Zoneā€ appeared.

Even though I got the Chime to ā€œturn blueā€ after re-adding it with my iPhone app, I found every time I wanted to change the Chimeā€™s settings (its device name, the ring tone, the volume, etc), I needed to kill the app and restart it to see that the new setting was saved. Without killing the app, the app would keep showing its default name/ring tone/etc even after I had changed them. Also, during this process, I noticed the ā€œAll Dayā€ button under the Chimeā€™s Schedule settings had been slid to off. Also, the volumeā€™s slidebar was at 0 (no sound). Make sure to check these. Once both corrected, it works. Playing with the ring tone and volume settings, the chime responds immediately with each change, so you can ā€œsampleā€ the rings/volume.

ā€œFor nowā€, all is well. BTW, volume of 1 (out of 8) is still loud.

The Wyze app could use some serious TLC and solid engineering
work.

Good luck

1 Like

Was yours a pre ordered doorbell or a Home Depot purchase?

Pre-ordered.

That seems to be a threadā€¦the pre-ordered doorbells have issues connecting to the chimeā€¦

May be the pattern. I got two from Home Depot and installed them this past weekend. It was al very seamless and went perfectly. Just wish I could pair both doorbells to a single chime.

nice!

This might work for 2 doorbells ringing one chime: https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050140871-Can-2-Wyze-Video-Doorbells-work-with-1-Wyze-Chime-

Try to make the second doorbell chime ring the first doorbell chime, and turn down the volume of the 2nd chime to 0.
I donā€™t have 2 doorbells, and itā€™s a bit screwy, but sounds plausible to me.

Let us know if it works for you! :sunglasses:

I looked at this. The chimes are not an actionable item in the rules.

I tried - and failed. It was just a theory tho. :unamused:

Was worth a shot.

thx. Iā€™ll be able to sleep tonight.

Thank you SO much for your input. My hubby tried getting our Chime to work and after I found your solution and troubleshooting steps, after 3-4 tries IT WORKED!!! Now our Chime AND our video cam works. Thank you again for taking the time to post this.

i had a similar problem. mine actually worked great right off the bat. but after about a week i got no chime. tried everything. deleted the chime tried to get it back online over and over, it would blinklike 6 times not 3, after holding the button. and never pair. tried all the updates and everything. multiple plugs, multiple places. finally i broke out the unconfigured doorbell i bought for my girlfriend. and its chime too would not connect. opened a support ticket, got non helpful suggestions. (had done all of them before) i eventually rebooted the doorbell camera, and after that i was able to pair it just fine.

ps mine was pre-order

The Community works! Glad you found my discovery (or what worked for me) helpful.

I most commonly see people posting a trip to Home Depot for a later model - same build, just not the first stuff out of the gate.