Doorbell Chime will not connect

That’s a good point to mention, Hoovs. There are numerous posts about flaky power for the Wyze cameras from cheap USB power blocks or when using USB extension cables. I did check the power output from my doorbell transformer at the transformer, original ringer, and at the doorbell just to make sure that the wiring was okay. And I failed to mention that part of my troubleshooting, so it was good for you to bring up that problem.

They must have changed the App because the chime is now found inside the doorbell app settings under accessories. I saw several people say to look under EXTENDED DEEVICES. It is now under ACCESSORIES in doorbell setup. Delete and re add worked for me.

Just purchased a Wyze Doorbell + Chime from Home Depot Canada. Doorbell connected fine and functioning great but Chime does not have any sound output.

When scrolling the volume (Set to Max: 8) and selecting a chime, I believe my phone or chime should make a sound preview but I only see the blue LED flashing with no sound output. Attempted to add/remove doorbell + chime multiple times and even tested chime in different outlets with no success. Firmware/Software all up to date, sent tech support an activity log and waiting to hear back.

Not sure if anyone has experience this but it might be a faulty chime. If you can share your success that would be very helpful. Tempted to try another unit from HD but going to give the support team some time and will update accordingly.

TLDR: Chime pairs successfully with solid blue light but no sound output when it connects or when doorbell is rung.

Try one from another Home Depot. There was a bad batch of chimes.

Someone please help. Just got the doorbell set up and while going through the installation, it kicked me out right as I got to the chime part and now I can’t get back there through the installation guide. My chime blinks blue several times, then times out and reverts back to a solid yellow. I don’t even have the option of “Extended Devices” and no where in the app or on the device to see anything about volume, chime, nothing. Please help! The troubleshooting guide for Wyze is trash.

Good call, I ended up swapping the unit and connected perfectly.

I would try hard reset with the button behind the actual doorbell to restart the pairing…

I had a similar issue with mine where the chime wouldn’t pair at all or make any noises. Ended up exchanging it. Was a hassle but worth it.

I found my volume settings for the chime when I clicked settings>accessories and chose the wyze chime where you can select your tune and volume. I’m on Android pixel 5 so it could vary.

1 Like

Reboot everything, then set your phone up to 2.4 GHz wi-fi instead of 5 GHz wi-fi. It plays way nicer that way. Let us know how that works out for you.

I preordered mine. Never got the chime to connect.

Bought a new doorbell cam, reinstalled the doorbell (not the chime) and the old chime now works.

I’m disgusted that wyze has been playing dumb on this issue for so long. Recall your damn pre ordered products and fix it.

yup had the same issue…ridiculous

1 Like

I have done all the trouble shooting steps, even got a new chime and replaced the doorbell transformer and still cannot get the chime to connect. This is utterly frustrating. All my other Wyze equipment set up was smooth and relatively simple. I even looked at returns but they want all the original packaging and literature which I don’t have as I never expected this from Wyze. Very disappointed.

1 Like

Try a new doorbell but same chime…watch it work…

In case this works for someone else, I finally got the Chime to connect with the following steps:

1. Unplug the Chime for a few minutes…
  2. In the app, remove the Chime accessory from the Doorbell
  3. In the app, restart the Doorbell
  4. Force close the application (I am using the Wyze IOS app)
  5. Wait a few minutes for doorbell to restart…
  6. Re-open the app, in the Doorbell settings, add a new Accessory device (the Chime).
  7. Follow on screen instructions, plugging in the Chime and pressing pair button until blue light flashes 3 times
  8. Device pairs and I can now finally adjust volume/sounds in the Chime settings

Some background on my situation:

• Doorbell model/firmware: Wyze Doorbell / 4.25.0.313
  • Plugin version: 2.26.104
  • IOS Wyze App

When I first installed the doorbell, everything was working fine including the Chime. But at some point, I think during the recent Amazon outage, things stopped working.

Before doing the above steps, I tried power restarting and hardware resetting the doorbell. The Doorbell device video was working but the Chime sounds would not play. The Chime was listed in the Accessory listing, but changing sounds/volume had no effect. The Chime’s LED light was steady yellow.

I would then try to delete the Chime accessory, and add it back to the Doorbell immediately - the Chime would pair in the app but sound and volume settings would never save. The Chime’s LED would still show a steady yellow after pairing in the app, so I don’t think it actually paired. I tried this multiple times with same unsuccessful result.

I think removing the device, THEN restarting the doorbell AND application are the steps that worked for me. Possibly something in the doorbell or app is remembering the “old” Chime unless they are restarted.

I’ve only tried this once so far where it is now working, so your mileage may vary.

This worked for me on the first try.

Hi- In almost all cases, I suggest it will be solved right away when resetting the chime, it is very important, as tech support had said, to release the reset button as soon as the blue light QUICKLY flashes 3 times…otherwise you’ll exit that small window of time and will notice a slower flashing blue light & are just going to watch a countdown for nothing, And I had gone through disconnecting wifi, checking firmware etc…do this step right and you’ll hear the chime confirm you did. Hope this helps save a lot of unnecessary effort.

Lol…this response is waaaay late but thanks…the units were defective…I was doing exactly as you suggested…new units worked fine.

If this can help anybody, i had to force a reset on the doorbell camera before i can proceed with a resync with the chime, all was perfect after that

First time i had to do this in 2 years

I have also set a rule to restart the camera every night so it’s fresh for the next day.

Haven’t had any issues since