CMC Refund with Cam Plus Transition - 7/29/20

Wrong. Wyze considers it one service. Think about it - they have NEVER charged for person detection. It was NOT a subscription and you did NOT “pay for it”. They had a feature called CMC and they are upgrading it to include person detection while also renaming it and jacking up the price. There aren’t two “paid services” and never were. They have chosen to CONTINUE to offer just one paid service.

I never said I paid for person detection. If you’re OK with the sub being higher with features you don’t care for… then, good for you.

All im saying is, it would be better to have maybe just 2 subs.
Complete Motion (Person Detection disabled) and charge 1.49
for those who want all features… then, they can choose Cam Plus. and charge 1.99.

Right, you’re adding complexity. That’s all I said. And you did say they were both pay services.

if that’s complex for you… then… ok.

1 Like

Yes. Because two is twice as big as one. And solves only a fraction of the possible desires for slice and dice billing. You are specifically asking them to create a brand new subscription service and double the things they need to track and bill for. The refunds alone have been a mess, not to mention the “experiment” questions. Forgot to mention, almost every other “free” feature I mentioned earlier still costs Wyze something to provide too. They’ve decided what to charge extra for and how. They altered the deal. Pray they do not alter it any further.

What features does Cam Plus have that we didn’t have prior to it?
For those who want those extra features that are included in Cam Plus, they can pay $1.99

For those who are not interested on all those extra features and just want to keep the same features they had prior to Cam Plus… then they can pay $1.49,.

More options does not necessarily mean more complexity.

Again, you are asking they create a new billable service just for you. CMC has changed to CamPlus. They added a PD feature. They are charging more. That’s the whole story, “experiment” pricing and refund chaos notwithstanding.

they don’t have to create anything… it’s already available… we had it and they were billing for it. All they have to do is switch some feature on/off. The same way they can turn off Complete Motion when you end your subscription, they can disable any feature they want.

Okay.

Something you are both forgetting is; WYZE has already announced another paid service, Person Detection on it’s own for people who signed up before November 2019.
So, they’ve already complicated it.

2 Likes

All I see if they did it with a fee for Complete Motion and another for Cam Plus (Complete Motion and PD) people will then say “well I only want Person Detection, not complete motion” now you have to make a 3rd. I agree that simple is best but it sucks the price had to go up.

The way I see it, Wyze offers what they offer for the price they offer. Just like any other product or service. Don’t like it, don’t buy it. It’s a free country.

I just purchased two Cam Plus licenses for one year for about $23 after the discounts. A bargain, and not mandatory. Anyone who doesn’t want to doesn’t have to. I’m now unsubscribing from all this noise. Jeeze.

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying… but, they only had one subscription… instead of increasing the price of that ONE subscription… just have a 2nd sub with more features that include the features of the current one… and charge more… that way, the users that were already subs, are not forced to pay more and can just keep the same subscription they’ve had for years… like me.

How about we supply all those choices, you ‘x’ the boxes you want during install… End of game

Right on bro… Complexity breeds contempt

1 Like

Jezzzzz where’s the popcorn?

1 Like

giphy

3 Likes

tenor

2 Likes

proxy-image

1 Like

When will this be available for outdoor cams? Also assuming you will have outdoor cam motion capture fixed first since it doesn’t currently work??