CMC Refund with Cam Plus Transition - 7/29/20

One does Not “try to keep the promise to the best of our ability and making sure it’s something we can do long-term”.

Promise: a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified
Promise: a legally binding declaration that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act

I do not see anything about “trying” in the definition.

I am increasingly concerned about the direction(s) that Wyze is taking. This is not rocket science. Sloppy implementations are not only detrimental to your perceived image, it also conveys a lack concern/interest in keeping your customer base satisfied, let alone enthused.

Billing/prorating promising/trying not a promising state of affairs.

Side note: discontinuing phone support on Saturday’s is, once again, not a good look!

2 Likes

Two observations,
One;
Since it is a Boolean decision as to whether a person is detected, the AI does not need to scan the whole motion capture, if a person is detected the Boolean is set and the analysis is complete.
Two: since motion is a trigger event, it is normal to identify the trigger in the first few seconds of the video and, therefore. is likely to determine the person/non-person decision in the frames analysis of the first few seconds of a triggered event.

I do not see any additional resources being expended whether it’s a 12 second or 12 minute clip.

You’re probably right but that doesn’t help. I’m quite sure they’re aware of that. The problem is the “additional resources” on the server to analyze those 12 (or 2-3) seconds for every motion clip from every camera of every customer, where they were only blindly storing before. They don’t think they can afford it.

The way WYZE is doing PD isn’t what I thought it would be. Rather than letting us know if detected motion was caused by a person the clip is considered PD if a person exists anywhere within the clip. Any time and even outside detection zones.

1 Like

I see no real problem with the first part - if a person is in the frame and movement is detected that’s close enough for me - humans generally move. :slight_smile: Also often the motion WAS done by the human who has stopped moving by the frame the PD identifies him or her on. Anyway, I’m not sure I’d want to say “ignore Uncle Joe because he’s sleeping even though a canopy fell on him”.

But the second part is probably problematic for many. You could probably re-aim or mask the camera to get around it if necessary.

Although that is likely, PIR as I understand it Detects ‘A’ person not necessarily ‘A particular’ person

Holly wacamole! The can of worms has spilled uncontrollably now… Wyze should star selling anxiety pills to customers treat the mess they have created.

Nah, everything is humming along just fine. Time for a new product, perhaps a smart lawn mower, chain saw, wood chipper?

I could use an online woodchopper…

2 Likes

proxy-image(5)

3 Likes

A friend recently told me that his kids were his Robot Lawnmower, then got upset when I tried to plug one into the wall socket…

Anywho… I am looking forward to the day when I can get a Wyze Robot Lawnmower at half the price of a Stihl that will be able to do several acres of rolling meadow…

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Uncontrolled autonomous whirling blades of death, space heaters, it’s a whole new Wyze era. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Wyze Support Desk, how may I assist you today?

2 Likes

Second tier support escalation, if a caller demands to speak to a manager.

proxy-image(7) proxy-image(6)

2 Likes

More opportunities to disappoint.

So how do you even call support.? The outdoor cam they just put out does not pickup any motion as advertised. There is a forum on this and they are aware of it. Put in a ticket but have received no response. The outdoor cam is currently worthless with no motion detection!

How is it that a company like Wyze can spiral into disarray with an ongoing inability to address issues the customers find important?

@Hemi

I had always wondered how they prevent a robot lawnmower from being liberated by some nefarious passerby, but after those two pictures, I’m thinking it’s gonna be able to defend itself!
:grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

@steve48
Wyze Customer Service

1 (206) 339-9646 .

Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

I thought I just read some posts indicating that Wyze no longer offers live human tech support on Saturdays?