Can't get sprinkler schedule to work

An earlier post said that their sprinklers worked when using the Wyze “rules” feature even though the device schedules were not working. Has anyone had the sprinklers fail to run when using “rules” feature to program the timing?

Wyze was very nice in replacing my sprinkler because the schedule would never work. The new sprinkler worked for a few weeks…that’s it.
I’m on firmware 1.0.1. Decided not to upgrade 1.0.8.
I mentioned before it was a hardware issue and that appears to be the problem. No amount of firmware will fix this issue.
Now my outdoor light will not turn-off automatically. Worked for a while.
Disappointed with Wyse, Thought they had good products.
I’m going to play it safe for now and not purchase any more products.

1 Like

I’ve had my controller online for about 3 months, immediate upgrade to FW 1.0.8 before ever running a schedule. All functions on have worked from day 1 without any failures. I’ve had rain skips, have manually run stations, and, as a default, run a soaker schedule twice a week for 5.5 hours starting at midnight. No problems and at this point am very happy with my purchase. No, my controller does not drop offline, I have great reception through my mesh network where the Wyze controller is probably 20 feet away from my primary router. I hope this helps and good luck to all battling through these issues.

v1.0.9 still having issues with the schedules. It shows as if it’s running but the valves are not open.
Log Id: 630225

This sprinkler will kill my plants. I am so sorry I cannot leave a review on Amazon. Stay away from it. Period.

So far 1.0.9 has been working for me and I’ve successfully gone through a week of smart scheduling with it skipping and picking days based off the rain. I have not tried running any manual or fixed schedules. Want to confirm the smart schedule works by itself a couple of weeks before messing with it.

No. I read your previous post. I believe you have a network issue complicating things.

Maybe a network issue but why only when I leave home? Makes no sense. Happens first event after we leave home. The change is where the iPhone is located. Nothing else.

No confirmation watering happens. WiFi router still thinks it is connected. So behavior is all on the controller

That part is odd.
I assume, since you’ve left home, and the router shows connected, that you’re seeing that it’s offline in the app? Maybe something to do with the iPhone switching from WIFI to cellular? Just hypothesizing.

I just switched from Android to iPhone so I do believe the issue is with the device not the phone running the app. The symptoms have changed slightly and that could be the app.

On my Android phone the morning schedule would run no problem. The evening schedule would show started in the app but the valves never turned on.

In the iPhone app morning schedule works, evening schedule never even tries to run.

Yesterday I deleted both morning and evening schedules. (After morning had run). Then I created a single schedule to start in 5 minutes. It never kicked on.

Well, Failed again.
It worked for nearly 3 weeks, then hasn’t watered since 6/30 even though several zones show moisture at 0%.
This smart sprinkler is worse than a dumb one. At least with the dumb one, I don’t have to check every day to see if it’s scheduled to run and then, that it actually runs.

Can I still get a refund? I was a pre-order direct from Wyze more than a year ago.

Hi @WyzeShanee I can confirm after updating to 1.0.9-beta that my Fixed schedules still don’t work consistently.

Current fixed schedule: 10am Mon, Thursday, all zones for 5 mins, all skips on, notifications on

After my previous post, they randomly started working again; still on version 1.0.8, on the 12th June and then seemed to trigger on a few schedules, so I assumed something on your cloud services was fixed and I just adjusted some zone durations, and then it stopped working again, I set the durations all back to 5 minutes and it worked again, until last week where it stopped working.

Therefore I decided to update to 1.0.9-beta, but the schedule was supposed to run at 10am this morning (4th June) but it did not.

Logs: 634675

I really hope this can be sorted soon.

Add me to the list, my sprinkler doesn’t do schedules anymore, if I want my lawn to stay alive I have to give a manual command to run the zone for a duration.

@WyzeShanee
I would like a refund. Log 635588
My schedules and in particular skips do not work. Last night, here in Michigan we got torrential rain, 1+ inches, and my system was running at 4am on a schedule that I explicitly skipped. I am going to invest in another system.

I just updated to Beta 1.0.10 and the first schedule did work so far.

The new beta 1.0.10 so far has fixed my, fingers crossed it works tomorrow morning.

1 Like

1.0.1.0 has been successful for our initial tests, with no delays or bugs so far.

It should be the final firmware update for these issues.

1 Like

1.0.10 did NOT correct the scheduling issues for me. The system still did not trigger a scheduled daily run

Submitted log ID 640445. Firmware is 1.0.8. Unit works fine when I am home. But goes offline the moment I out of town. Works fine when I am away from home during irrigation events buts drops offline the moment we depart.

Also when unit is offline it does not irrigate per your claim. Plants and trees dying in July heat over 105.

Neighbor reset controller with the plug. It stayed online one day. Dropped offline the next.

If unit was irrigating while offline per your claims things would be fine but it is not.

My lot number is 6/2021. New unit you sent is 4/2021. My sons unit is mid 2020. His older unit works fine. My newer unit sucks.

WiFi is three bars in the app when online. Wyze rep tested WiFi strength and it was fine. Other Wyze devices and other kitchen WiFi appliances are online and fine. So why does the irrigation controller suck?

Please fix this problem ASAP. So far all you do is send new controllers and they do not work.

Please fix before I have to switch to another brand to save my trees and plants from the AZ summer heat.

Jim

Have you joined the beta? I would suggest doing that and upgrade to 1.0.10 that’s the newest update and it helped with my issues.

Thank you for the suggestion. Have to be online to do that. Would rather get new firmware when it is formally released instead of beta. No matter am stuck until we return. Over watering may be the price of reliability.