Can't get sprinkler schedule to work

I totally get that, they are trying to push the beta for us to test so that the full release works properly and they can get any issues out of it. You can join the Beta in the App by tapping Account< About< Beta Program and then choose your device you want to join beta for. I like that I don’t have to have Beta on all my devices.

My issue seems to be slightly different than the majority of posts here but still related. My schedule is to water all zones and finish by 7:30am. That often means that it decides to start late night (around 11pm since I have two drop line zones that it runs for a couple hours). I get the notification that the scheduled run starts and can see it going for longer than the few seconds people mention on this thread. But then when I wake up in the morning, it doesn’t show as still running or as a completed run. It’s like it never happened. Never notifications of skips or completion.

I’ve tried restarting the device and even did a full reset on it a few days ago, no luck. Then I spotted this thread, upgraded to latest firmware hoping that would help. Same thing happened last night.

I’m on the latest beta 1.0.1.0 and just submitted logs: 641676

1 Like

My schedule again did not run a zone that was included in the enabled schedule. I have 6 zones scheduled to run every day at 3am until 9am. This morning it only ran 5 zones, and tomorrow it only has 2 zones scheduled. I have set an explicit schedule. Why is the device not following that schedule.

While the Wyze cameras I have work great, the sprinkler controller has been a great disappointment. I suspect that Wyze has release more products than they can handle which is reflected in the poor support, poor documentation, and poor code quality overall. Wyze should focus on a few core products and not release things like covid tests…
Bummer.

I am also experiencing issues with the fixed schedule not running. I switched from the smart schedule to fixed schedule about a week ago. It ran twice, but after that it is not running. The app says the schedule will run the following day, but then it does not run (and does not say anything about why it didn’t run). I can manually run just fine. The “smart” schedule maybe was working properly, maybe not, but definitely did not water enough, so now I am trying to fall back to the fixed schedule, but that does not work at all.

How do I get the beta firmware? I am running 1.0.8 and don’t see an obvious way to try the 1.0.10.

@wndjnky You can join beta by going to the 2.32 Wyze app > Account tab > About > Beta Program > Enroll and select Sprinkler. Then you will see 1.0.10 firmware available for update. Let me know if it works for you.

@cclarke96 @jim.and.kathy.sweeny @ryan7 @wndjnky Once/if you’re on 1.0.10, could you submit a log? I know it’s frustrating but the logs have been really helpful.

Have sprinkler times set up for, 5am, 7am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm. I have 5am and 7pm disabled at this time. BUT I expect the system to run 5 zones at the other times. Let’s take 9am, I have 5 zones listed under zones and durations. Under the Sort tab, I have 5 red circles with a minus sign thru them. Under the Set all tab I have times for each zone (2 mins) Days are set for every day of the week. Start at is 09:01am, no end by times entered because I already stated I wanted 2 minutes per zone No date range enabled. Not one time in the week to 10 days of operation has it run every time specified in sequence, and Never has it ran the times 9am or 1pm. But if I do them manually, it hits every zone, so it is not wiring. Plus the controller is mounted outside, in your specific weatherproof box, and when I open the door to see if I have power, it is so dim, I have to shade the unit, or wait till the sun goes down to see the poorly lit LEDS. I also have no way of knowing if the unit is reading WiFi or not! You need an ICON to indicate if receiving WiFi signals. How about some HUMAN Support, this isn’t Wal-Mart is it?

Log 640783 has been uploaded. It was generated from 1.0.10 firmware

@WyzeShanee Log 642168 uploaded from 1.0.10

Hi @WyzeShanee

My fixed schedules also have not been fixed by 1.0.10.

It was supposed to run at 10am this morning:

But as you can see it did not:

Log submitted: 642812

My schedule ran after updating to 1.0.10 - do you still want me to submit a log? I made a change in the schedule last night (removed one zone) in case that this matters.

Similar problem here, although it seems to just be my automatic Sprinkler Plus runs that never trigger.

I just installed my sprinkler last month, and it has never successfully completed a automatically scheduled Sprinkler Plus run. My calendar shows them scheduled nearly every day, and they’re supposed to run overnight. But they never do. None of my ‘skips’ setting should be triggered. I can trigger a manual quick run with no issues.

I submitted a log - 643018. @WyzeShanee

@WyzeShanee I updated to 1.0.10 yesterday, and my schedule appears to have run overnight from 3am to 8:45am. This is a fixed schedule to run each day with run times set for each zone. This schedule also uses Soak Cycles. I noticed that some of the soak cycles are not running the full cycle. For example, only about 25 seconds of a run cycle. This schedule does not use Sprinkler Plus
Log 643195

I installed 1.0.10 yesterday, and none of the fixed schedules work anymore. They show as running in the app, but the valves are not open. At least in version 1.0.9 the first schedule of the day worked okay.
Is there a way I can reset to a lower version?

didn’t fix it for me either. The first first schedule of the day worked in 1.0.9 not anymore in 1.0.10.
It shows as if it’s running, but the valves are not opening.
The Quick runs work fine.

Same here. I’ve been trying for weeks. The Quick Run (manual) works fine. The Default Schedule says it’s running, but it’s not. I’ve reset the controller and app, updated the firmware, set it to ignore the moisture settings, etc. Obviously the hardware is functioning since the Quick Run manual mode works. I also submitted a log - 643557.

Update for 7/12.

Changed default schedule from Smart Schedule to time based - everyday at sunrise. Still no joy.

Of note: time was 6:30am. Next scheduled run time is “Today 6:26am”

Triggered an App Quick Run successfully at 6:34am.

Log 644155 uploaded for analysis.

Have changed the default schedule to run at a specific time for tomorrow and will provide updates

My schedule stopped working this morning.
This is not a firmware issue. Appears to be a hardware issue.
Disappointing Wyze could not resolve the issue.

I installed 1.0.10 firmware yesterday, deleted my start schedule and re-created it, and it seemed to work fine last night. Fingers crossed my issue is resolved…

Agree this is not a firmware issue. It is a chipset issue. My son has an irrigation controller a year older than mine and it has always run fine.

Wyze on it changed chipsets in 2021 and cannot recover.

I was a “preorder” and received mine when they first shipped. I’m having issues.