Can Wyze take accountability for extremely delayed notifications?

I didn’t do a rigorous test of the difference in battery life with and without the ADB trick. All I can say is that the difference is not significant. At least not for me.

1 Like

Thanks again, that’s encouraging. well if it works it’s a band-aid till they find a solution I guess. I’ll go ahead and give it a try this weekend.

I have the app installed on 3 devices. 2 android, 1 ios. All settings seem to sync across all the apps. Seems like maybe the settings are stored per account.

I’m not talking about the in app settings, I’m referring to the android system settings which govern the the way the system controls the app, like limiting battery or data usage or if it’s allowed to run in the background unchecked or not etc.
I have it on ios as well, and yes the in app / account settings are in sync.

2 Likes

Gotcha! I understand and agree with you!

Again, you’re right it’s Android’s problem, most probably doze mode, but this is not limited to only Android 10 or Samsung, I can say as long as it’s a recent Android phone it would be affected.

Not only Wyze have this problem, myQ app is also delaying notifications like hell, which means it’s not only Wyze. However the fact that other apps are able to tackle this problem properly means Wyze should be able to do that too.

4 Likes

I agree with you 100% wyze should be able to fix this.
I have other vendors products who’s notifications are working perfectly.

2 Likes

I’ve had Idle disabled for a couple of days now, and you’re right, no discernable difference in battery life.
Makes you wonder why they don’t provide an option to turn it off in the system settings like every thing else?
It sure would be a lot easier to toggle it off.
I wonder if there’s a way to do it from the sd card?
Having to connect to the pc is a pain. :confused:

No it’s an ADB command, so it has to be connected to USB and use Android Debug Bridge.

But I agree with you, Google should at least put it in developer settings for users to be able to disable doze

Yeah… My research isn’t turning up much. I’m following up with maybe running it from a thumb drive connected to the phone via usbc to USB connector, but looks like your may have to be rooted to pull it off. :confused:

You don’t need to be rooted to run adb commands

Yeah I know… Since I’ve already done it, with your help :blush: but I was talking about the USB stick via adapter directly from the phone. I was trying to find a way to run abd without needing a pc. It looked like you needed root access to run the mount cmds on there phone to get the USB stick mounted correctly to pull it off.
I gave up, it went too far down the rabbit hole.
I’ll stick to the pc method, it’s not that bad.

Hmm, I don’t even know you could run ADB on a thumb drive, since ADB is like a sdk requiring a PC, I might be wrong

So still no fix for this problem?
It’s been a while.
I don’t find any mention of this issue when reading through all the known / outstanding issues list that Wyze posts on their support page.
@UserCustomerGwen any news on this problem, I just got my new Note 20 and it looks like Android 11 has the same problem with the Wyze notifications. It’s like the notifications all arrive at the phone but don’t wake it up to complete the delivery until you unlock the phone… Extremely frustrating… I love my cams, but this is bad.
Help!!! :grin:

2 Likes

I was wondering the same.

1 Like

Again, I don’t want to come across as rude or snotty, but I can only assume the people at Wyze are all iPhone users?, or don’t actually use their cams and sensors at home like we do, or you’d think they’d say, hey this is a real problem we need to fix by next week, or it’s gonna be embarrassing.
Real time notifications are after all one of the core functions of most of their otherwise really nice devices,including some of the new ones like the doorbell cam. I’d think it would send a notification if you aren’t home that you’d be able to then have a two way conversation with someone at your door? But not if it’s 10 minutes or more after the fact…

2 Likes

Same problem here with Android. Works fine with iPad but notifications are late or just never arrive on all my android devices. Please fix. There’s also a bug where the thumbnail images don’t display on the notification on Galaxy S10 Plus. Just text and no thumbnail. Posted on Reddit and it seems to be a wide spread problem.

1 Like

Wyze just added an app setting for “Running in the background”, at least on the Android app. It’s supposed to help “keep receiving the notifications…” I was hopeful that this was their fix for many of us not receiving timely notifications on some Android phones, like my Google Pixel 4. I rebooted my phone to re-enable the deviceidle settings that I had disabled with ADB, turned on the new Wyze app setting, let the phone sit undisturbed for a half hour, then tested the Wyze notifications. No luck, meaning no notification until I picked up (woke up) the phone minutes later. This is getting ridiculous. I wonder if Wyze is talking to Google about how to fix the delayed notification problem, or just trying to figure it out themselves, or just not caring.

1 Like

it appears Wyze is investigating…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we’ and they have known for a long time that it’s Doze on android causing the issue.

Yet it’s not listed as a known issue/bug despite countless posts from Android users all experiencing the same serious flaw? For a very long time now…

'I’ll believe this is getting solved by them when I see it,
And I’m not very optimistic that will happen at this point.