Cam pan , Firmware , 4.10.3.40 Low audio volume

I can’t believe that more people aren’t up in arms about this…is it not an issue for most that there is virtually no usable audio from the Wyze cams? How is this so difficult to fix?

1 Like

This is also still an issue with me, and I’m on 4.10.6.156 and on volume at its highest I can’t hear anything unless it’s yelled at the camera.

Is there not a solution for this? I am having the same problem on a recently installed monitor we are using as a baby monitor. Sound is very important. My firmware is up to date. I will submit a ticket.

No you have to downgrade like I did and then deal with an annoying pop up asking you to upgrade your firmware every time you click on a camera. But hey, the sound works great!

Just curious…is there any update on the internal tested fix yet?

2 Likes

Very interested in this as well. Going on 6 months.

Hannabrew,

Does the new person detection work with the old firmware (v4.10.2.31) for proper sound ?

The new person detection requires updated FW but I am not sure at which FW it was introduced

Hmmm, sounds like I have to make a choice between properly working sound (old FW) or person detection.

How do you install an older FW version, and how far back should I go to get the sound working again? Wyze seems to be very absent on this.

1 Like

This is so sad. I purchased 3 cameras and 3 mounting brackets, and had to return them under the warranty because I couldn’t hear my kids arguing in the same room as the camera.

My 8 year old FosCam with the grainy picture and direct feed to the Chinses communist party had better audio than the Wyze PT. I’ll buy them again, but not one second until it is confirmed that their audio is fixed.

So @UserCustomerGwen what is the update on this? Back in April you said team would be working on it, so we should wait before downgrade to version 4.10.2.31. It is October, new updates came and nothing related to this issue which I would consider major. Are you sure the team has this on their backlog to work on? I bought the camera to see the baby, so having no sound is just useless for me. Unfortunately, I can’t not return my camera but I can rewrite my review on Amazon to make sure everybody that is buying this thing is very aware that sound does not work at all. Btw, I would suggest every people that is on this forum do the same.

2 Likes

I’ll poke the team about this one again. I know that we’ve been looking into it but haven’t received a status update in a bit.

4 Likes

Any update on the issue. I have a pan and non-pan that has this same issue. Very low volume. Im holding off buying another cam until this is resolved.

Hi Folks,

I am trying to reproduce this issue with my pan but I couldn’t reproduce the problem as you folks said. Tried 4.10.2.31 vs. the latest firmware.

I know somebody also mentioned that you could reproduce this on V2 as well. Could you provide a V2 firmware version for the good volume vs. a version for the bad volume?

Thank you.

2 Likes

You can hear sound on the latest one but it is very very low. You should have two devices with different firmware versions. Then test the sound there will be a big difference. Watching a baby you need the sound loud to hear the baby.

I have a Wyze Cam Pan (firmware v4.10.6.199) mounted above a TV in my elderly mother’s room. I can have the TV on quite loud so she can hear it yet the Cam Pan picks up only words here and there. Hearing her call or ask for help in an otherwise quiet room is nearly impossible. In general, I’m a Wyze fan and cheerleader. But this audio issue is really disappointing.

3 Likes

I have 4 Cam Pans and they all suffer from this. They were working great under 4.10.2.31 and then my wife mistakenly upgraded them (since the app constantly prompts for upgrades every time you click on a camera) and now even at full volume on any of our devices we can barely hear the sound in the room. I then downgraded one cam back to 4.10.2.31 and moved it right next to the camera running 4.10.6.152 and confirmed there is a massive difference in audio level between the two.

1 Like

I definitely have to agree with you and I am also greatly disappointed in wyze. I have two of these cameras and I’m totally unable to hear any audio from them unless it is super loud and near the camera. I have warranty several pan and tilt cameras but they all do the same thing. The v2 camera and the outdoor camera have no audio issues that I have noticed. I just wish that someone at wyze would see this problem and correct it.

So @XuLi, this issue is being recorded for more than an year from several people; back in April’20, @UserCustomerGwen said the team was working on testing a solution. Now you are saying that you can not even reproduce the issue? This is the most frustrating thing I saw here since the issue itself. Looks like you guys have no idea what the issue is and are just ignoring it. What is the proposal for those that are reporting the issue then???