Cam pan , Firmware , 4.10.3.40 Low audio volume

Based on their announcement from earlier today, I think the solution is to upgrade to v3 cameras :wink:

We aren’t ignoring it. Part of this one is because Xu is new to our team and we had some members shift around. He’s a go-getter and works to validate bugs and send data to the devs for quicker resolutions. We understand that this is frustrating and we’re sorry. We did send out something we thought was a fix but people in here said they were still experiencing it so we’re still chasing the bug.

3 Likes

While I’m glad to hear you guys are not ignoring it, I guess I just don’t understand how hard it is to find the bug? It’s plain as day and so far has been consistent across all firmware newer than 4.10.2.31. It also should be extremely easy to test to see if the fix actually works…just compare the audio between a cam with 4.10.2.31, a cam with a firmware newer than that, and one with the proposed fix. The volume should be on par with 4.10.2.31 and considerably higher than any of the newer firmware.

If you need some cameras with the issue I’d be happy to send you all 4 of mine as they’re next to worthless to me as is.

2 Likes

I have been having audio issues with most of my v2 cams. The two way audio has been practically useless (low/inaudible). The recommend solution from the support team was to remove the cams and re-add them back to the account. During the process I noticed the cams started having two way audio issues as soon as I added them to a camera group. I don’t why this may be happening but the behavior is fully repetable on my end. Just wanted to share, maybe can help someone else.

Wyze Cam 2 - Firmware 4.9.6.199

1 Like

Interesting…all my cameras are in groups so I’ll try removing them later and seeing if that helps.

I dont have any groups but still have audio issues. Grouping is not the root of this.

3 Likes

Same here. I don’t use groups either.

I had my cameras in groups and took them out a long time ago.

Correct

Just purchase an outdoor cam and very little sound coming from the camera. Tried everything to no avail. Took it back and got another as I was syncing the camera the voice that is on for syncing the camera came on very good. Finished installing, same no volume issue. I tried a high pitch whistle into my phone and it came out of the camera great. But, still no good results just speaking.

We bought our first Wyze cam as a baby monitor. Our second child is due any day now and we will not be considering a wyze cam for our baby monitoring needs. In fact, I can’t think of a reason we would ever consider a wyze product again. It shouldn’t take this long to resolve the issue.

1 Like

I can’t argue with that, I just have to agree

2 Likes

Any update / news about this bug fixing? This issue is extremely annoying! Thanks for the feedback.

If you have the beta app you can try to update to the FW 4.10.6.232. I think it might have fixed the issue… But I’ll have to wait until others can confirm. The volume seems like it is higher when I grouped a pan and a V2 and listened to the volume back and forth. I’m not sure how the events sound though.

I trashed mine a while back. I suggest everyone does the same and never buy Wyze in the future. This issue was not handled properly.

Where can we get this release? It’s not yet listed on the Release notes and firmware page.

Beta firmware isn’t listed on the firmware changelog page, those are production firmware only. If you are apart of the beta program and use the beta app, the firmware will show up for you to upgrade your product. Also check the beta section of this forum for firmware updates.

1 Like

Did you try testing the latest FW 4.10.6.232 from the beta app? I think it’s fixed from my preliminary testing. I tested 2 sound events and the sound is almost the same volume level. Only took nearly 2 years! :wink:

1 Like

I installed the beta app and only see v4.10.6.224 available (not 4.10.6.232). Version 4.10.6.224 does not appear to fix the audio problem.

It was supposed to be fixed with FW v4.10.6.230 and higher. Sorry, I realized I’m on an alpha app and that’s why I see a higher version. Hopefully, it will get to beta release soon.