Cam pan , Firmware , 4.10.3.40 Low audio volume

They are already testing internally? If so great!

Well I hope this works I have 2 pan cams that I have sent video in for testing and had them replaced and eventually had to move them in areas where I do not need sound. They used to work until an update and then the long testing of different devices, Apple versus Android just to see if it was our devices. I had to put V2 cams in their place just so I can hear what’s going on in the room. Just a side note, the pan cam audio used to work really good until an update about a year ago (I don’t know the exact time but it has been a long long time).

Been a couple weeks since last update. Any movement here?

I’m curious, too, about the testing. I recently bought the Wyze Cam Pan to keep an eye on family member in a nursing home. Nursing home has been on lockdown and I’ve been unable to get inside for almost two months! I thought the two-way audio would be a perfect solution. Finally got the camera installed there and I can see perfectly. But the audio is low and fuzzy – very frustrating!

I found this thread tonight and read for over an hour, hoping to see a solution. My firmware version is 4.10.5.111.

I don’t have access to the camera since it’s in my family member’s room at the nursing home. If I can’t make this work – and SOON --I’m going to return this and try another camera.

If you don’t have access to it, you can’t install the older firmware version. 4.10.2.31 is the one you want to be on for audio. They likely won’t be getting any firmware out ‘soon’, if they do have anything at all it will have to go through QA/beta then release, so probably looking at a matter of months before anything if anything actually does get fixed. So might be best to return and get something else.

Thanks for the reply / advice! Can you recommend a better product?

I’m having the exact same problem trying to brodcast my voice through the camera, though I can hear outside sounds fine. Trying to speak to someone outside doesn’t work.

Downgrading the firmware works…woohoo.

Now how can I stop the annoying messages every time I click on a camera asking me to update my firmware? I can’t find it in any options

There should be a button to check that says do not remind me again next time it asks you to update the firmware.

I wish…not for me on latest Android app

Screenshot_20200515-132308

Oh that’s odd… I don’t think I’ve seen that firmware update before… It might be due to you having a really old fw installed (which I understand). Let me check if any @Mavens know a workaround…

I don’t recall seeing that update before either. I’m not much help with that one. :disappointed:

I just went to the firmware that everyone said fixes the audio issue 4.10.2.31. If there’s another update that fixes the inaudible audio and allows me to dismiss the warnings let me know

What’s the firmware version that on that devise? Camera?

Edit/ yes that version is over a year old. From the firmware page " 4.10.2.31 (January 15, 2019)". Which I am guessing why it says “critical”.

2 Likes

Yeah it seems like there’s no way to ignore the alert then… That’s the latest fw with the working audio to my knowledge. Hopefully, the internal fix is coming… Been waiting over a year!

2 Likes

I’ve re-flashed the v4.10.5.11 firmware on my new Wyze Cam Pan to resolve a different problem. But the low volume audio (muffled audio) problem still persists to this day.

Wyze folks: any update on when this might be improved? It still is a problem.

Same here, and for me it is really important…I hope they can fix it soon, if anyone has a workaround or tips, please share it

You can downgrade the firmware to 4.10.2.31 which works great…only isssues are 1) you’re downgrading to a very old firmware and 2) you get prompted every time you click on a camera to update the firmware which gets old quick. But it’s better than having a silent camera. This really needs to be addressed ASAP

1 Like

ASAP :rofl: notice , when the original post about this was started

1 Like

Just to add to this…i finally managed to turn on and configure our cam pan we purchased for the biz back in March and i also flashed the recent RTSP firmware (4.29.4.41) since i need to use this functionality.

Having banged head many times on an available wall and had a chat with Wyze support, i finally found this thread and realised why the sound on the recorded videos is so stupidly low to the point where i thought the mic was actually broken and raised a warranty request!!

I see a massive roll back to 4.10.2.31 will likely sort but i need RTSP. So i’m guessing i’m screwed re: sound? Happy to hear views. Cheers.