App Dark Theme/Mode

Add me to the list needing dark mode. Killer on the eyes, especially at night.

5 Likes

Dev mode on Andriod let’s you override the app forcing dark mode.

DEV mode only works on Android 10 and above.

It also wreaks havoc with other apps rendering black text on black backgrounds.

I tend to keep it turned off because it affects my messaging apps and others which I access more often than Wyze App.

DARK MODE PLEASE. Thank you

1 Like

Please have a dark mode!

1 Like

As someone who builds apps for a living my guess is that the same issues that prevent the app(s) from supporting landscape correctly, also prevent them from being able to easily be converted to support Darkmode without major rewrites. Ultimately I suspect they will need to rearchitect their app to use the latest design practices to support both/either. The problem with this is that they would need to stop working on feature updates, to support new hardware for instance, in order to do that, or increase their team size.

You are correct, Wyze has already said it will require a complete rewrite.
Version 3.0 is supposed to have Dark Mode. We are at v2.16.xx. It’s a long way off… :joy:

Yes!

Lmfao :joy: :joy_cat: I think that’s hilarious, dark mode, just 1line of code fellahs maybe 5 and ya done

2 Likes

…but they can keep writing new code for an onslaught of new product. PRIORITIES?

1 Like

For the love of God, please work on a dark mode. Writing this after just awakening to a strange noise in the basement, checking cameras and being blinded.

It was a :cat2: but I’m thinking that would be great if I had to go out and confront someone breaking into my house after blinding oneself.

4 Likes

I like how Wyze ignores the Dark Mode. However, they added a “Do Not Disturb” feature to the forums. I hope their app developers can get help from the forums developers/moderators.
You would think the Dark mode would be easier to implement. They must have some lazy developers. With this many users requesting it, Wyze does a great job ignoring it. Not even a road map and date is announced.

4 Likes

Absolute silence for at least the past 6 months. As previously told by @UserCustomerGwen the current app is written on an archaic platform, it is near impossible to add the features we ask, requiring a complete rewrite to bring us the most requested features… we won’t see dark mode until the mythological “V.3” is released.

The offense really comes when you see how they keep writing new modules based on the out-of-date archaic (crap) platform for a flood of new products.

What an endless disappointment.

3 Likes

Agreed. When you have more products to support and build. The quality will drop significantly. It’s like having a restaurant with 30 items on the menu… VS a restaurant with only 10 Items on the menu. Usually, the restaurant with a smaller menu will have better quality food. It’s mostly fresh.

1 Like

In the Scale portion of the app especially, the font needs to be larger and Bolder. There is plenty of space but it is not being used. The weight is big and bold, but BMI is too small. Trend Lines need to be thicker and the date needs to be bigger and bolder and have a descriptor of YESTERDAY or TODAY so it is clear that your weight was recorded for today. The Connected Status also needs to be bigger and bolder and have a red or green dot in front of it to make it easier to tell that it is connected.

Dark mode also needs to be supported so the yellow colored items stand out better and you are not blinded by the white background at night.

These are quick and easy updates that I hope you can make soon. Not everyone has young eyes and it does not matter how good your products are if you cannot easily read the info they are providing.

2 Likes

I was just saying this in the “No Person Detection” thread. Wyze is no longer prioritizing their software. I’m so tired of opening a blinding white app just to look at a camera notification. Thank goodness I can use Google Home to control my Wyze light bulbs. It’s about time Wyze, get your act together or you original members are going to move to other smart brands.

3 Likes

Thank you, all excellent points. As innovative as Wyze is, they take away from the experience in ways that must hold back a percentage of sales.

I’d gladly pay $5 more for anything I’ve ordered, in exchange for an improved customizable app and a desktop interface.

There are certain big ticket items i am not purchasing until such a time as they TAKE APP ISSUES SERIOUSLY.

1 Like

Yeah the Robot Vacuum and the Video Doorbell (which still isn’t here yet) are the last products I’m purchasing from Wyze until they get their software and infrastructure to a reliable state. They’ve made more products in the last year than any year before, you can see that this is where the mindset is. However, for these products to be worthwhile purchases, for years to come you HAVE to support the software that runs them. Otherwise Wyze (and if not already) your original supporters and expanding community will leave you for other more willing companies and start-ups. You’re not the only name in the game anymore.

1 Like

Right on!

Wyze is enjoying a rise to the top thanks to the customers (loyal or not) that buy and use their products and services.

In this age of “immediate” customer feedback, who amongst us is surprised that they have not taken much interest to address customer inquiries on issues that surely pertain many-fold in the general population of their customer base out there.

May be is a PR thing, but little improvements can sure be pushed into the current app version to get customer feedback and improve in the “next” major app version release --surely we can’t all be beta-testers, but at least knowing their wheels are spinning addressing customer concerns would be welcome news!

2 Likes

100 % agree

1 Like