App Dark Theme/Mode

In the video for Wyze bulb color, it showed the app in a dark mode, so they are probably developing it.

1 Like

Hello Wyze team!

I realized that the Wyze App doesn’t have a Dark Mode/Theme. This would be really helpful for visibility when using the phone at night or low light environments.

2 Likes

Dark mode needed in app now.

2 Likes

@Wyze, when is this coming? So many votes and wishes, but not happening still. Loyal customer for over 2 years (even buying/shipping your products when I’m expat in UAE), but this one doesn’t seems to be taken seriously. Take a short break from product diversity and focus on customer experience again please?!

5 Likes

Couldn’t stress how much I’d love this. Low-light viewing of the app can be almost painful.

2 Likes

Its time to find a lawyer and sue because the bright light is harmful to eyes, causes discomfort and is disruptive to sleep. We will require a full refund of the product at this point. I have spoke to a few lawyers they don’t do class actions but say we have a case.

2 Likes

I’ve come to the conclusion they couldn’t care less.

Not a word on the needed and promised re-write in well over a year and a half.

But they keep plugging away with more modules for new products, digging an ever deeper hole.

How about a real desktop app??? C’mon wyse, show you give a damn about your loyal but fed up customers

2 Likes

I guess its me seeing the colors, but the light green (small) text on a white background makes it hard to see.

Perhaps a black shadow on the light green text would be better or a dark mode.

Even when your trying to read the software version sometimes its hard to read for me.

What say you all ?

2 Likes

There are over 1000 votes for dark mode. I think we all agree with you. :blush:

5 Likes

It is obvious they don’t care. They’d have fixed it with a new adjustable app rather than digging a deeper hole by adding new modules to accommodate all the new hardware

1 Like

Yep. New stuff but no dark mode…

1 Like

I’m shocked. Shocked I say!
Well, ok, I’m not that shocked.

Wyze has proven time and time again they don’t give a [Mod Edit] about users once they’ve bought the kit or the cam+ subscription. I’ve got Cam+ on all my cams because I thought it might help get support’s attention but… nope. Blinded users can still spend $30 on a cheap camera, so there’s no reason at all for them to provide even the slightest attention to user experience.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

In an attempt to torture us, the email today for the Wyze Color Bulbs back in stock" shows a black background for the app module

Screenshot_20210415-163504_TypeApp|328x500

1 Like

That is hilarious!

Nice… thats… ugh.

Dark mode please and thank you.

I often prefer to use the wyze app to turn my lights off and on but my eyes don’t like looking into a flashlight. I don’t care about all the device apps at this point that can come later. If you could start with a simple two options black background or white background I don’t even care if the black device icons become invisible. Personality I feel they take up too much room on the screen anyway and a grid design on the wyze app home screen would be more efficient.

2 Likes

Please change or allow the user to change the colors used in the Wyze watch app on the iphone. Currently the data is presented in low contrast shades of pastel and is almost impossible to read.

1 Like

I second the motion. I use 2 Wyze cams as baby monitors and the app is too bright at night time. Need dark mode ASAP. Please and thank you!

3 Likes

I will add my vote for dark mode too. For an app that I use as much in the middle of the night as I do during the day, it seems like a no brainer.

I realize Wyze has been adding lots of new products and capabilities over the past two years, but dark mode isn’t the sort of thing where you need an all hands meeting, right? Can’t someone stay a couple of hours after work one day and get this knocked out?

The fact that this thread was started in late 2018 is disheartening.

3 Likes

They just don’t care. They’ve added so many new modules it would likely be a much bigger nightmare for them than in 2018. As it had been explained in 2019, they chose an inflexible platform, and every page would need a manual change…

Reeks of “the dark ages” in computing, no pun intended.

2 Likes