Wyzecam Notification Lag?

adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable

You’ll know you entered it in properly because it’ll say this afterwards:
Deep idle mode disabled
Light idle mode disabled

I use Tasker. But you need to be rooted to run adb commands I think.

You are absolutely correct. I will have to try again - I want to check whether the screen stayed on indefinitely or whether I lost track of time.

I am not that well versed with programming, would rather not root, hence trying to use Macrodroid, but not sure how to enter the command there…

Sorry, forgot to mention that the automation requires root. Entering manually doesn’t require root. But if you update and reboot from time to time, you’ll need to remember to re-enter the adb command. With root, it would be automated.

Have you tried the wyze beta app? If so do you have sound and pop up chosen for the two bottom options?

I have not, actually. I disabled automatic updates and am sticking to the app version that works for me and has the fewest bugs (I do occasionally upgrade to the latest and - so far - have always gone back to the June 2019 version).

I wonder if the issue is with Android, though. As mentioned in my original note, I have noticed that notifications are slow/disabled with screen off for everything except for calls, texts, and WhatsApp.

Sounds like an android issue if other apps are behaving the same way.

Oh, absolutely agreed. I am searching high and low online to see what solutions there are - some suggest that Android now has something called “doze” that can be disabled via an ADB command only. And it has to be done after every boot. So - I am trying to figure out two things: 1) whether it actually resolves the problem, and 2) whether Macrodroid can run that command (it does not require rooting). No luck so far…

It’s a Wyze issue. I have Ring and Blink and their notifications are both instant even asleep after several hours.

1 Like

With me, it started with IFTTT. I checked Wyze - same thing. What irritates me is that Android functionality, specifically battery optimization and adaptive battery - do nothing. I have to have the phone unlocked (not just “awake” - I have to unlock the screen) to see all the notification flood in.

Mind you, it does not happen on an old Android 5 phone, so I carry that one around with me, to make sure I get the notifications in real time. From both IFTTT and Wyze.

Do you have Settings → Lock Screen → Notifications → “on” ?

also

Settings → Apps-> Scroll till you find “Wyze” → Notifications → WyzeNormal →
Notification Style → Sound and pop-up
Turn on: Vibrate, Blink Light, App Icon Badges
Lockscreen → Show Content

Ignore Do not Disturb → ON

1 Like

A few months ago when I was researching this issue I cam across that, I have the issue and I do not believe it to be a WYZE issue completely because I have the same thing happen with GMail and a few other programs. Disabling doze does work, drawbacks are a small battery hit and the fact you have to do it every time you reboot the phone. That is why I stopped doing it, just got tired of it, but the fact disabling doze fixed it tells me it is not completely a WYZE issue. Android has some fault also (especially since GMail, their own program gets held up by it also)

2 Likes

Ring and Blink notifications both work instantly when device is asleep for several hours. No, I never touched battery optimization settings for those apps either. But with Wyze, even after disabling it from battery optimization made no difference. Gmail suffers from it as well (Google admitted that Gmail is affected by doze and whitelisting it would do nothing and push email would drain batteries or something). No real-time push.

You are right removing it from battery optimization does nothing, you have to turn off the doze feature in Android which currently can only be done by using an ADB command and has to be done every time you boot the phone. When I do that I get both WYZE and Gmail notifications instantly (along with a few other apps that are affected by it)

1 Like

Same as , “Blink notifications work instantly when device is asleep for several hours”.

Notification Settings are all the same for me , within the Android settings for blink and wyze.
I don’t have a problem with any other notifications coming in as they should either.
Seems to me like , I should not have play around with Android settings to get wyze notifications to work , when I do not have to do so with the blink cams or other app Notification Settings.

I will be purchasing a wyze outdoor camera when they become available to test , if this notification problem persists, I will be done purchasing or relying on wyze cameras .

1 Like

Yes, absolutely! And everything works - as long as the phone is unlocked or has its charger plugged in. As soon as neither is the case - the notifications show up with random delay, but NEVER in real time. This goes for Wyze, IFTTT, and Gmail - which is why I am trying to find a solution at Android level, so to speak. Not just app level.

My thoughts, exactly! I see this with Wyze, IFTTT, Gmail, and pretty much everything except for texts, calls, and WhatsApp.

I have been trying to find a way to automate the ADB command, but am not that well-versed with Android. I was hoping Macdroid could do the trick - I granted it all the necessary permissions, I just do not know how to enter the adb command into which of the “action” options.

1 Like

What devices are you using? Is this only an Issue on Android 10? I have a samsung S9 and and S7 and never noticed my devices behaving this way. The S9 is on Android 9 I may have to pass on Android 10 when it is available on my S9 if that is the case.

1 Like

This is happening on Google’s very own Pixel and Android 10.

I also have this problem with Android 9 on a Nokia 5.1 running AndroidOne. Although I followed all the steps I found online to disable all sorts of power savings, even WhatsApp dies on that phone. I have not tried “doze”, only just came across it now that I got the Pixel and was livid to have the same experience as with the Nokia.

Honestly, I walk around with a Nexus 4 (Android 5). No issues there, so - as idiotic as it not just sounds but actually is - I have it, so I can get the notifications in real time…

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as @FrauSchlau, it gets frustrating when you wake & unlock the phone & a flood of wyze notifications come in.

@WyzeJasonJ what is the adb cmd? I’m not concerned about the battery hit, it will be worth it!

edit is it this one? adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable

2 Likes

Isn’t it? And I rely on mine because I keep an eye on a relative with dementia, so being woken up the minute the individual leaves their room (and the movement is picked up by the hallway camera) is beyond essential.

Do we have any Macrodroid gurus here on the forum, by any chance? I understand “adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable” is the answer (although either I did it wrong or it is supposed to disable screen timeout), but - is there a way to get Macrodroid to run that command upon boot? That would be so much easier than hooking up the phone to a PC and running the command each time the phone needs to be restarted.

Any and all help is absolutely invaluable to me and thus highly appreciated.