Wyzecam Notification Lag?

looks like that is the correct adb cmd…but it appears root is needed, I tried to run it from a terminal emulator on my Pixel 2XL, and got permission denied.

if rooted, you can build a script to run at boot How to disable doze on Marshmallow with the Oneplus 3. Notification bug fixed! - YouTube

I followed these instructions - 2019 FIX Android Delayed Notifications when phone is idle (NO root needed!) - YouTube. Seemed to work, now the question is how to do this with Macrodroid (or another tool that would allow me to run this command automatically at boot time).

1 Like

thx…was able to run the cmd via adb w/o root

check the youtube video I posted about, but needs root

Please let me know if this fixes things for you. I may have done something wrong - will try again. I am on Android 10, but have had the same issues with 7 and above.

That is the one I used but you will have to do it every time you boot the phone, that is why I stopped.

Android 10 here too, so far so good, notifications much more timely!

Thanks for the update, appreciate it.

Did you find a way to automate this or do you hook up your phone to a computer and run the ADB command every time you boot/reboot the phone?

No, most likely root would be required for a script to run at boot. I don’t reboot too often so manually running the adb cmd is fine by me.

I may have a hackey IFTTT workaround for notification lag.

Please see my comments in the thread below to receive wyze notifications as SMS phone messages.

My other brand ,newly purchased , indoor/outdoor cameras send me notifications every time in 2 seconds flat.
The other band , indoor/outdoor cameras that I have had for awhile send notifications within 2 seconds after motion has recorded every time.
Notifications from wyze cams come anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or more , delayed
Running Android 10 , Samsung S 9 plus , app V2.8.24 , v2 firmware 4.9.5.98
Wyze , I hope you step up your priority to resolve this 2 year old notification lag problem :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Let’s be blunt … this is a Wyze issue. I didn’t read all posts - maybe every 2nd, 3rd post. Some responses are pretty creative.

“ISP lag” … not even sure what that means, unless you’re old school and doing dial up using a 9600 baud modem for Internet access.

“my Gmail also doesn’t deliver instantly” … No issues here - I send an email, the recipient gets the email within five or so seconds.

“Android settings” … I doubt it - see [1]

“I fixed this with ADB or IFTTT” … unacceptable - the average user won’t know how to config those. And besides, one shouldn’t have to.

[1] On my Samsung S10+, the Notification settings and app settings for Wyze and Nest are exactly the same. I have 10 Nest cameras, and just a few moments ago, i walked across all - I get a notification NOW, within 2 seconds.

For the three Wyze cameras I am testing …well, I’ve been sitting here for over ten minutes and have yet to receive a notification. Oh sure, I see the 12 second entry in the Event tab, but no notification yet.

I read a post back in July 2019 that Wyze “has identified the issue and will have a fix this month or next month”. Well, it’s almost Mar 2020 and I dont see the fix.

BTW, I’m a software engineer with 30+ year experience, to include vast experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, So, all these “workarounds” and “explanations” aren’t acceptable (and some don’t make sense). I’d also suggest their software project management execution is lacking.

Functionality like an Event Notification is paramount to a security camera system.

Let’s use another example… let’s say you have a home intrusion security system … do you think an alarm should sound the moment someone breaks in? And that you should get a notification within seconds of that event? Of course you do. Doesn’t make sense the siren would sound ten minutes after the break-in.

EDIT: I just received a notification… 35 minutes after the movement event.

1 Like

Workarounds are just that , and they are not the answer

Still waiting for a fix to this very annoying problem…

1 Like

This problem raised by many people including me and what I think by now is that Wyze is not interested. The best way to monitor your “Security Cams” by opening the Wyze app frequently (because nobody wants to get a notification after everything is done) that is what I am doing. I am tired of this so you can ask @UserCustomerGwen if she has any updates.

I don’t have an update at this time but this is something on our radar and under discussion.

1 Like

Have had the same problem for months. late notifications. wink notifications immediate. Tired of whining…

Until several days ago I was receiving notifications from my Wyze cams within a couple of seconds. All of a sudden these notifications are delayed by seemingly random amounts, sometimes even half hour or more. Sometimes I’ll get a flood of notifications arriving all at once…but late.

I signed up for the forum because the problem myseriously appeared and hasn’t gone away on its own. I think something is wrong with the Wyze notification servers. Maybe certain areas getting overburdened?

1 Like

I suspect “it’s on their radar” and “they’re discussing” it : )

Same problem here, Verizon Note 10+, tried it with battery optimization off and on, same results, notifications show up OK if I’m actively using the phone or if a notification has gone off recently. If the phone has not been in use for a while and an event is triggered, I only see the waiting notification and hear the sound when I turn on the screen and unlock the phone.

I recently purchased and iSmartGate pro system for opening and closing my garage door and guess what . . . it behaves exactly the same way Wyze does for notifications. Here is where I’m at right now:

Note 10+
Reset all system settings (no way I’m doing a factory reset at the moment)
Turned off all battery optimization settings (Wyze and iSmartgate don’t show in some of them for exclusion status)
Turned off edge lighting (just noticed there is an option to do edge lighting (which i never willingly had on in the first place) enabled if the screen is off (this likely came on after the system setting reset
Turned off always on screen
Disconnected my smartwatch (who knows what this could be doing)
All other apps are able to notify during this time (text, hangouts, gmail)
Happens on Wyze and WyzeBeta applications.

At this point I have no idea what the culprit is, but I’m not blaming Wyze completely now that there is another app that behaves this way.

I’d like to make sure that Wyze development staff know that their app, and the other offending app, are conspicuously absent from the options screen where you can add an app to be ignored when it comes to battery optimization. Maybe that absence points to something in the way the code is written that is preventing them from getting notifications?