Wyze Watch Makes Its Debut! - 12/1/20

Alright, the page should be good to go if you refresh. :slight_smile:

Yay! Itā€™s back. Thanks @UserCustomerGwen!

1 Like

I could see the utility of running a how to video on the watch, but I canā€™t say Iā€™d be in the market to listen to music on a watch or actually use it as a phone. Control music, accept calls etc, definitely, but actually listen, seems like so many options for a better experience. I guess thatā€™s why Iā€™ve never really found smart watches too compelling.

1 Like

Hi @UserCustomerGwen , I am not sure if this is right but in the specs it says the 47mm is 300 mah and the 44mm is 260 mah battery capacity, but on the diagram on the main page, it is flipped.

2 Likes

Am I reading the specs wrong? The smaller one has a faster CPU?

3 Likes

Will I be able to configure the Oxygen sensor to run at regular intervals? This is helpful for Covid-19, and there should be an alarm if the O2 levels dip dangerously low!

5 Likes

I do not see anything on it, so I assume I cannot control music on BT enabled device or even my phone using this watch?

3 Likes

@joshridl, I donā€™t know the depth from the surface of the watch face to the back of the watch yet but I asked the team for it.

@awankier, Iā€™ll ask the team to whip up a comparison chart later! :slight_smile:

@carverofchoice, the passive measurements are static and you cannot adjust them. You can prompt a manual reading for heart rate every five minutes. There is no subscription and these decisions were made for battery life.

@sskaggs, you can use Wyze Shortcuts with the Wyze Watch but you are not able to unlock Wyze Lock using it at this time.

@vaasish, the OS is RTOS but it does not have NFC.

@Senthil, you can pair Wyze Watch with iPhones!

@vaaish, both have bezels on top, bottom, and both sides. The battery life is similar on the smaller model.

@hoffdad, weā€™re sorry to hear that this product did not meet your needs. Iā€™ll share this feedback with the team. You may want to check out Wyze Band on our website. :slight_smile:

@tnradio, 22mm bands are compatible. Glad you have a source for that!

@muerte33, it does not do blood pressure or body temperature but Iā€™ll share your interest in those with the team! It does have vibration. :smiley:

@timothynott, Iā€™ll share this feedback with the team. We apologize for this not being the product you were hoping for!

@Illumination, Iā€™ll report this to the team!

@scotthanks, that is correct. There are slight hardware differences between the sizes.

@43r5789y23489, you will have to manually prompt it and thereā€™s a 5 or 10 minute cooldown. It does not do a passive oxygen reading for battery purposes.

@th3naman, music control is in testing. The music wonā€™t play on the watch itself, though.

7 Likes

easy opt in software fix

2 Likes

Howdy @UserCustomerGwen ! I see you mention 22mm bands above will fit. Does that mean that a 22mm standard watch band will fit this watch? Not just the offerings from Wyze correct?

2 Likes

Thanks, tried the band but missing a speaker for audible Alexa responses as well. Wish we could provide input prior to the design phase, to provide input on what weā€™d like to see in your products and what weā€™d be willing to pay to have those featuresā€¦

4 Likes

I would also like to see regular heart rate measurements enabled, with an easy software update. It should be an option for those who want regular measurements, graphs, and alarms.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen I guess I should clarify then :slight_smile:

So this image and some of the fames in the video seem to indicate the 47mm case has the screen nearly the full size of the front plate but the 44 on the right seems like thereā€™s much larger top and bottom bezels closer to how the screen works on the Band. I like the idea of the size of the 44 but I donā€™t want another situation like the band where the actual screen is just a small portion of the face.

Do you know what the actual size of the screen in relation to the face is for both sizes?

7 Likes

Any chance the watch will auto-sync health data (daily, hourly, whatever) with the app? Or will it also require manual syncs like the Band?

People are also going to want the watch heart rate data to be compatible with popular fitness tracking apps like Strava.

This strikes me a little funny. It wasnā€™t that long ago that a watch let you know what time it was. :wink:

@UserCustomerGwen any info on what eckmannmiles91 posted about the specs? Seems the smaller one has a little better internals?

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen Will this work with Strava, Rouvy, Zwift, or other fitness apps?

It would be nice to see a list of the"popular apps" that will work at launch. Hopefully, more than the promo page shows.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen, the email I just got said the $20 is the ā€œpre-orderā€ price. Can you say what the regular price will be after the pre-order sale ends?

2 Likes