Wyze Watch Makes Its Debut! - 12/1/20

I am curious if there is a side by side comparison available between the Wyze Band and the Wyze Watch. What are the key differences and benefits of each?

8 Likes

What does this somewhat ambiguous phrase mean:

The maximum measurement frequency is once every 5 minutes

Does that mean:

1. It is the maximum frequency it will perform: it can’t measure any more often than once every 5 minutes (same cool down as the cam notifications unless we buy some kind of “watch plus” subscription?) But we can set it higher like once every 6 or 10 minutes?
  2. Or does it mean that’s the maximum upper limit time boundary: that we can’t set the interval greater than once every 5 minutes but we can tell it to check more often?

The interpretation could go either way.

If it will measure more frequently than every 5 minutes, is there a minimum? Like every second, every 3 seconds, etc? I imagine there must be a sort of minimum since it has to analyze pressure between heartbeats to get a reading, but I suppose the minimum could be “continuous”.

2 Likes

Can the watch lock and unlock our wyze locks? If so, one for the whole family.

3 Likes

backed x2 :slight_smile: looking forward to Feb…

1 Like

If you can set up Wyze shortcuts in the app to unlock the lock, then yes, you can use it to unlock the Wyze lock from a shortcut because all shortcuts will show up.

Edit: I’m told you can only lock, not unlock with shortcuts, so, no.

1 Like

Is this using Wear OS as a base and does it have NFC for payement?

No NFC chip listed anywhere in the specs, so no on NFC payments it appears. Will have to use your phone.

(FAQ’s confirm no NFC)

4 Likes

Does this work with iPhones?

@UserCustomerGwen Do you know if the screen is full face on both models or is it a square with bezels on top and bottom? Also, is the battery life similar on the smaller model?

3 Likes

Snuck in an order for 3 of them (one for each family member) through the website at 11am EST today but cancelled the order once I found in the FAQ that there’s no microphone or speaker. Would have totally paid $50 each if it would be able to answer calls and provide Alexa audible responses. Total let down for me today… :frowning:

3 Likes

Can only have shortcut to lock, not unlock

3 Likes

Thanks! I don’t have one, so I wasn’t sure

1 Like

Threw in for one. Do you have a size on the band since I need a new one? Your optional bands won’t fit. I have a source for bands just need the size across in mm. Thanks!

4 Likes

I too, was about to order a bunch until I saw there was no microphone nor speaker. Sadly might pass now… Those are almost critical nowadays.

1 Like

I know it does heart rate, but what about Blood Pressure and body temperature?
Great that it has pretty good waterproofing, but sad that had to kill off the microphone and speaker.
Maybe it has vibration like my cheap one I bought off Amazon?
Thanks WyzeGwendolyn for the great news!

5 Likes

Too bad. “Unlock the door” would have been a killer feature. Also, the ability to answer the doorbell.

Should have called this Wyze Band HD or something as it doesn’t really register in the (edit) smart watch category.

I’d throw down $50-$100 for the extra features.

Feels like a missed opportunity.

3 Likes

I’m genuinely curious why? For myself, I rarely have use of the microphone on the band and I really don’t like my watch making noise.

4 Likes

It’s not for everyone, of course. Sounds like you’re one of those in market minority who don’t want it in a smartwatch. Most people want their smartwatches to be able to handle calls, do music, use an AI Assistant, even play videos on the screen (such as a youtube video explaining how to do something). Among many other things. Basically a real smartwatch should ALMOST be a mini-cellphone with a really small screen on your wrist.

Otherwise, it’s not really much of a smartwatch. Might as well just get a generic fitness band instead. Most fitness bands can do everything this “smart” watch can do…It’s really just a fitness band with a big screen, not a smartwatch.

6 Likes

When will the watch page be back up?

We’re refreshing the cache. Thanks, @scotthanks!