Wyze Watch 44 first impressions

This 100%

In general, Iā€™d say on the surface the watch is about what I expected and wanted - a minimal device that can show me notifications without looking at my phone. Fewer features means better battery life and that it does quite well so far. The firmware definitely needs polish. Even with the latest update, Iā€™m still getting multiple reboots daily. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s something locking up until the watchdog timer forces a reboot(?). Iā€™ve had a few instances where I couldnā€™t wake it up and resorted to holding the power button down for random lengths of time until I got it to reboot.

Hopefully they can smooth things out, the majority of the promised functionality is there - just a little rough around the edges. Other than the reboots/lockups, only real bug Iā€™ve observed is on a day when I left my watch at home, somehow I have heartbeat dataā€¦ not sure whatā€™s up with that. I havenā€™t replicated it as Iā€™m usually wearing it, but that left me a bit perplexed and suspicious of that sensorā€™s data in general.

Biggest feature requests for me (after the thing is stable) would be:

• a couple more options for stylized digital clock faces with date - specifically where the date/time is more prominent than any background image/pattern. Maybe just an analog clock that has the digital time with the date on the face.
  • Second would be basic phone audio control (pause/play) which seems like something the app could broker. Maybe those could be options for the existing ā€œshortcutsā€ at a bare minimum
  • Enabling/disabling/reordering the ā€˜appsā€™, or having a quick-access to the ā€˜leftā€™ of the clock face would be nice - but I basically donā€™t use any of them anyway
2 Likes

My impressionsā€¦

Iā€™m not able to adjust my sleep, like if I sit still too long my watch thinks Iā€™m sleeping, or if I wake up and play on my phone it still thinks Iā€™m sleeping. I want the ability to adjust if needed, so itā€™s not reporting inaccurate sleep info. Please fix this!

Cycle tracking is on the watch only, I would like the availability to view & make adjustments within the app. Please fix this!

Can we talk screen size, I know I got the 44, my hubby has the 47 & his viewing screen is SO MUCH LARGER than my viewing area on the 44. In future versions of this watch, please fix this!

More availability to choose which apps to get notifications from. Like some chat apps arenā€™t even listed as an option except as ā€˜other appsā€™, with my Apple Watch I was able to pick and choose which apps I wanted notifications from. Like I want notifications from my Hangouts app but not necessarily Pinterest, Iā€™m stuck getting those to ensure I get my Hangouts notifications. Please fix this!

I would love to use my watch as a flashlight like Iā€™m able to with Apple Watch. Itā€™s great if you have to do a middle of the night shuffle to the potty and just need enough light to guide you so you donā€™t trip on animals or kids toys. I loved loved loved that feature with my Apple watch & wished this watch did it as well. For those that donā€™t know the Apple Watch would just light up with a white screen, you could set the intensity of the light. Please add this feature!

Weather on the watch face. I would love to be able to see the temp without having to go several screens deep on the watch just to see the outdoor temp. Please fix this!

It would be nice if when I turned on Do not disturb on my phone that it would mirror over to the watch, but NO it doesnā€™t do that. I have to manually turn it on. Please fix this!

2 Likes

Yeah, I bought several as gifts, now I regret it, if Wyze would have accurately advertised both Wyze Watches, I would have gotten the Wyze Watch 47mm only, now I am embarrassed that I gifted the Wyze Watch 44mm to two different people, it looks so cheap compared to the 47mm version.

If I had not given them away as gifts already, I would have gotten an exchange for the 47mm version, I am very disappointed in Wyze for this; I feel like they owe me two 47mm versions now.

1 Like