Wyze Video Doorbell Pro - For everything out there! 10/19/21

OK? So you can screw the backplate to the door frame. How does the video doorbell mount to the backplate?

@WyzeJasonJ confirmed earlier in the thread that it does not work with existing physical chimes.

3 Likes

Thank you! That is a little disappointing.

3 Likes

still in return period, no?

well if you are planning on using a wired version…you are again comparing apples and oranges, since this is primarily battery powered…and i know ring makes 1 that has both and supposedly works (although it is designed with a smaller battery meant as a backup not primary power source), and i have heard different and there is a comment in this thread that overturns that.

here is a link to vote for existing chime support to be added to the wired version, @Skolvikings please vote here to have your voice heard. Have Wyze Doorbell Use Existing Chime

either way buy what works for you and happy IOT’ing!!!

What the heck, I’m in for 2

Without having one in my hand yet, looks like the same way the original Wyze doorbell mounts, it clips onto the plate that you choose to install (3M Plate or Screw mounted), which is not easy to unclip based on my usage with the current Wyze doorbell… and like everything else, if a thief wants it, a thief will get it.

Lots more info here in the product details page

3 Likes

Okay wyze that’s the next disappointing new product :frowning: I really liked your little innovations, affordable for everyone, but this is a step back. I have the “old” video doorbell (next to all other wyze products) and really like it.
It’s a very stable and reliable little helper, I never missed a local storage because its paired with a cam+ license since release (not only the storage is a nice feature of cam+!!).
But now the new one… the design, well, it looks very, very cheap. There are multiple solutions that plastic won’t look such cheap, even the old one looked better (except all guests pushing on he camera :wink: ). The next thing, the video/image sensor - its a smaller resolution then the old one and this insane field of view creates this extreme fish eye effect. It seems your team only wanted to reach higher values in the specs, but that doesn’t make the product better!
Please try to enforce upgrades (hard & software) for your known products, get them better, smarter. I think most of your customers would support that. I make little example: Why a new video doorbell? You could release a stackable battery module and all would be fine for most customers. The LED light upgrade for wyze v3 is another nice example.
Well, I see the other replys here, seems I’m not alone with my thoughts…

4 Likes

What is the professional monitoring and additional $40 hardware mentioned in the announcement?

That’s for their HMS (home monitoring service).

2 Likes

I’ve got ring doorbells currently. Both the same model. One is not wired (in a location that didn’t have a doorbell) and the battery is plenty big to last a couple of months at least. Currently, I’m on month 4. The other one is on my front door, wired to the existing doorbell wiring. It pretty much stays between 95 and 100%.

They’re meant to be used in either scenario, but I’d say they’re mainly battery operated, with the optional hardwire so it doesn’t need to be removed to be recharged ever.

I would ditch my ring doorbells and buy Wyze if they could just get them working with my homes existing chime. My home was built in the 80’s and outlets are few and far between, so needing to plug in a chime is a non starter for me.

2 Likes

So what’s the $40 hardware?

The products that come with/are required for the HMS, I believe. I don’t use the HMS so I’m not 100% familiar with all the ins and outs. But I believe there’s some kind of hub (which is required for the V2 sensors to work, as well as the leak sensors and other things - though I don’t know what it comes with and what’s separate). You might have to visit the Wyze website for information about HMS.

Core starter kit for the Home monitoring system. Its 39.99 if you choose an annual plan.

2 Likes

Curious if there’s any reason to “upgrade” from the original video doorbell. I quite like my existing model. Are there any improvements in performance or video quality? I guess the video catches a bit more with that fisheye lens and that’s about it?

1 Like

That’s sort of what I was thinking as well, just morph a V3 into a doorbell format, add the doorbell functionality to it, and also MAKE IT RTSP compatible like the V3 currently is… and you have pay dirt…

I had a Clare Controls Doorbell, that was RTSP. Was nice to incorporate it into the rest of my camera’s being monitored by my NVR.

No SD Local Storage is a deal breaker for me as well… too bad WYZE didn’t ask some of it’s user’s here in the forums that question… I’ll have to wait for your next try at a Doorbell before I bite… SD Card… RTSP… and displays on my Echo Show v3 in a mode that is not sideways…

SJ

1 Like

RTSP… might convince me to pull the trigger, I could overlook Wyze’s odd move at leaving an SD Card out of this Doorbell.

So, RTSP, and displays properly on my Echo Show… and add a side order of a Wyze App that knows what Landscape mode is on my iPad…and I’ll plug my nose and buy it now.

SJ

3 Likes

We Lost power last week, Power came on in the middle of the night. I got up the next morning, went to work, and didn’t realize my wireless router did not power back up. My wife, who is disabled and at home, heard a very loud knocking at the door, that she wasn’t able to get to. I attempted to check my CamPlus recording for the doorbell… there weren’t any (obviously)… and, with no SD local recording… no way to see who was knocking loudly at my door that day.

I usually make up for this by having a WOC hidden in the front garden area, pointed at the door… well… just so happens I brought that WOC in for charging that night…

The Door Bell NEEDS local SD card storage!

SJ

5 Likes

Another new product? Seriously? Can’t you fix your current products before making new ones?

The Wyze Video Doorbell Max (Love that name…) must have the following:

1. RTSP
  2. Starlight Sensor
  3. SD Card
  4. Displays properly on Echo Show

(feel free to add other features it should have)

SJ

3 Likes