Wyze Video Doorbell Pro - For everything out there! 10/19/21

no local storage is a deal breaker.

9 Likes

Does it use the new Starlight Sensor?
I’m guessing no since the product specs don’t mention it at all. (Which would be a big bummer)
Having purchased V1, V2 and V3 cameras, that sensor is a huge step forward. If it does include it I’d definitely suggest putting it on the product page because it’s a great selling point!

1 Like

This is a deal breaker for me. My house already has a wired mechanical chime on every floor so we can hear the doorbell from anywhere in the house.

I don’t see the point in purchasing additional chimes, and wasting power outlets on multiple Wyze chimes, when I already have working chimes in the house.

Competing doorbells have no problem using existing chimes.

Bummer…

5 Likes

What wireless battery powered doorbell can use existing chimes?

I have the first gen Wyze doorbell and not having local sd storage is its biggest fault. Was hoping this model would have it. I know for sure that your team understands how important that feature is to everyone. 24/7 local recording is one of the main reasons I purchased my Wyze cams and the only reason I still have a Hello doorbell with a subscription on my main door and a v2 wyze cam pointed to the second entry point where the Wyze doorbell is located (See picture).

The 5GHz is nice but the fisheye (although functional) is not very appealing. Maybe offer the option to purchase Cam Plus for all our cameras again. I missed the last time you offered a one fee for all your cameras. Hopefully it will come back. What I think we all want is a v3 camera with a doorbell button attached.

7 Likes

The Wyze doorbell pro can be wired or wireless. Comparable doorbell cameras include ring. But with ring, you can use the homes existing mechanical chime if you use the wired installation. With Wyze, even with the wired installation, you can’t use the mechanical chime.

1 Like

@steve4335

The previous Wyze video doorbell did not have a SD card slot either. I had to get Cam Plus for extended recordings. With the size of the doorbell, there is room for a SD card slot but that would add a bit to the price. I was very close to preordering it, and when I saw I could still hardwire it that was even better.

No SD card? Dealbreaker.

When Wyze offers the Video Doorbell Max with a SD card slot, I’ll plop my money on the counter. As it is, other than a wider field of view (wireless means nothing to me since my hardwired Video Doorbell works great) I see no reason to “upgrade”

4 Likes

Ughh I just spent $55 for the first version 3 weeks ago. Guess I wont be upgrading to this one, as much as I want to.

2 Likes

I was coming to ask exactly this question, huge shame and a miss on the feature set to be honest!

3 Likes

I had a ring doorbell. It worked on wired power for just long enough to pass the warranty period, then would only work on battery power. Ring refused to send my a replacement. Instead, they wanted to sell me a new doorbell. I said no thanks to that. At least my Wyze doorbell just works. I can live with the chime box which sounds fine.

1 Like

Boy Wyze seemed to piss off a lot of people with this announcement. HeHe.

1 Like

At this point, I doubt Wyze will ever offer a doorbell with local storage.

There’s just too much money to be made with Cam-Plus!!

4 Likes

Bring back the $9.99/month offer for all my cameras and I would drop my Google 24/7 monitoring for $6/month.

4 Likes

You can still get Cam Plus Unlimited as far as I can tell.

5 Likes

Thanks!!! I wasn’t aware of this.

1 Like

Does it integrate with Wyze Sense Hub? Will hub function as chime or do I need to have yet another chime device?

If the latter, all’ya’all need to start thinking about a cohesive ecosystem rather than just a whole lot of new product.

1 Like

How absurd! Screw free mounting? The crooks won’t be stealing your packages, they will be stealing your $65.00 video doorbell!
At least Ring uses a torx head screw.

2 Likes

Dealers choice, but for those that dont want to mount with screws dont have to

Did anybody from Wyze confirm if this would ring an existing physical chime?

Thanks @towelkingdom.

@steve4335 let us know if that answered your question. Whatever doorbell I purchase, I’ll plan to wire it and would strongly prefer to use my existing mechanical chimes.

1 Like