Wyze Video Doorbell Has to use External Chime?

so like…a cowbell outside that people ring? or knocking?

2 Likes

:rofl: It’s a mechanical striker chime. Guess it’s good for raining weather areas where the electricity goes out a lot.

Funny part is… No one uses it, they knock instead. :laughing:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US3038440A/en

1 Like

That is interesting, haven’t seen that before. If you’re still interested in a video doorbell you can pick up a transformer for pretty cheap and run power to it. I am going to use one of the plug in models @Ken.S mentioned above.

I have a SkyBell currently and was excited to replace it with a Wyze Doorbell. Unfortunately I am not disconnecting my house chime and running a separate chime. Wyze missed the boat on supporting a native chime they are already using the power from the existing doorbell system might as well control the in house chime.

Completely disappointed :worried:

2 Likes

Wyze,
I’m concerned… why no memory card? looking at the specs and the original wyze cam you could have done it easily
with a memory card this would be perfect. i DON’T need nor want to have anymore subscription services
is this the path the company is heading down. I’d pay more for each device if i could avoid subscriptions.

1 Like

if u have any alexa enabled device, u can use that as ur chime as well, and then place the chime it comes with somewhere else in the house

Here is a new wish list item to add SD card to the next Video Doorbell, please vote to have your voice heard!!! :grinning:

1 Like

There has been a wish list item created for using existing chimes, please vote there to have your voice heard!!

Maybe …

Wire exiting chimes to a separate power transformer that is plugged into a Wyze power outlet. Then use Wyze app automation feature to momentarily apply power to old chime when Wyze doorbell is pushed.

Never used Wyze automation features so not sure if this will work or how much delay there would be.

1 Like

That’s what I call thinking outside the box! Great thinking!

I think the old knuckles rapping on the door might work without electricity!

Anybody seen the installation of the remobell + (RemoBell S Video Doorbell | Fast-Responding Smart Doorbell Camera – Remo+) ? Seems like it would be possible to allow usage of the existing house chime along with the Wyze doorbell? Obviously would need to purchase that power kit separately.

What power kit would work with Wyze Doorbell?