Wyze Thermostat Firmware 1.1.2 Released! - 3/10/21

You should still be able to run the fan manually with the heat in radiator mode.
Did you lose the fan control switch in the app?
Are you using a C adapter? what wires did you tell it you have? If you are using the C adapter, remember you need to tell it you have a G wire, and not a C wire so that it walks you through setting up the C adapter and knows to send the fan signal on Y to the C adapter.

Thank you for being patient with me, I forgot about the G wire and C wire adapter. The thermostat works as I hoped it would.

Once again, THANK YOU! :clap:

1 Like

Little help please if you don’t mind ,

Now that the heating system season is here in Michigan I found that the wyze thermostat update has messed up my thermostat.

I have a forced air furnace with air conditioning, however I have an outdoor wood stove with the heat exchanger in the plenum.

So when it calls for heat I want to turn the fan on only and not ignite the propane gas .

I accomplished this by just leaving the white wire on attached to the furnace control board.

Prior to the update this worked fine. Now the fan control is gone.

And the thermostat is not turning on the fan only when it’s calls for heat .

Again when it should call for heat I want it to turn the fan on only and not fire the ignition of the propane .

Can you help me figure this out or can someone tell me how to uninstall the updates so I can go back to the old one?

Also when I run the thermostat test sequence through the app both the heat and air conditioning fan seems to work fine, the fan comes on for both. However oddly it is now calling it a radiator and I did not set it up that way prior.

Thank you

They’re working on fixing this. Do you have a C adapter, or do your wires go directly to your furnace control board?

I have the C adapter installed… Pic attached.

I literally have to turn the furnace fan on manually to have heat now.

Meaning I have the choice of having it run constantly or not at all when I’m asleep or not home. Obviously this is not going to work.

Everything was fine until their update. They should allow an easy way to uninstall the update and go back to the working model. That would solve all my issues right now.

I tested it and worked fine when I installed it in the spring. And of course I don’t find out it doesn’t work until I need it for winter. Cold here in Michigan!

I appreciate your reply. Any ideas as a workaround? And still baffled when I ran the test through the app it refers to my furnace as a radiator now.

Thank you…

Workaround until they get it fixed: Connect the white W wire that you are not using to G on your furnace. make sure the other end is connected to W1 on your wyze. with this wiring change, whenever the wyze calls for heat, it will run the fan. To make the wiring neater, you can connect the W wire to the wyze adapter’s W terminal and just move the W marked ribbon wire from the furnace board’s W terminal to its G terminal. It wont hurt anything, the W path through the C adapter is a straight shot.

Thank you sir…

This was exactly what I was looking for. You would never get the company to give that kind of advice.

I got to take these steps today when I had a moment. And it does seem to be working exactly how it should be.

Now only if I can stop wyze from updating the app again or changing something.

So since late this morning it seems to be operating exactly how it should.

I can’t think you enough, i very much appreciate you taking the time and effort to give that detailed step-by-step workaround.

Yesterday before I did this I left the house forgetting to turn the furnace fan off and it ran for about 14 hours non stop and I came home it was 84° in the house and it was not a good situation.

Again thank you , you helped very much.

1 Like