Wyze shortcuts on iOS widget screen

Well, yes and no (for the existing camera/event widgets). There are three sizes of widgets each for devices and events. Only the single-device widget is customizable to designate which device. The 4-device and 8-device widgets show the top 4 or 8 devices or device groups in your list from the app’s home screen and cannot be changed. The 1-, 4- and 8-event widgets show the last 1, 4 or 8 events recorded on any camera (this cannot be changed).

You can make a widget stack out of 2 or more single-device widgets by dragging on atop the other (see Apple support documentation for more details). You can then rotate among devices by dragging within the widget. You can also stack the single-event widget with any number of single-device widgets. You cannot stack the larger widgets.

Note that the device widgets are static: they are essentially just shortcuts to the device’s main screen in the app. The event widgets display a static thumbnail of the event. To view the event stream, you must click the event widget to open the event in the app.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Hello to all.

Is there a chance you can improve the widget on IOS so that one can control plugs, lamps, switches from the widget without opening the app first?

I’d love to have a widget that includes the Wyze rules to the Home Screen of the device. I’d like an easy way to turn on and off my sprinkler system zone from the main iPhone Home Screen. Pleaseeeeeee. My hose spicket is connected to my sprinkler system, so I have turn it on and off a lot. Widget pleaseeeeee. Thank you

I’m here after being directed here due to a similar topic on a different post. The mod at the time seemed to think Android users, like myself, could benefit from this discussion as well.

That said, I appreciate the first stage of implementation of the widget feature that the Wyze community has been requesting. However, like most other users, the ability that is already estabilished in competitor services to control our devices without directly launching the app is sorely missed. I hope that Wyze will either update us on the progress of such a feature or will let us know that the dev team has started on working to fulfill our request for both Android and iOS users alike.

Until then, have any of my fellow Android users found a decent workaround that doesn’t involve the use of the google home app, google assistant, or google action blocks (which use the assistant in the end)?

1 Like