Wyze Sense Hub, Cam Outdoor & Base Station firmware Beta Test 6/30

Luckily, I am not seeing this issue, I have V1 Sensors on my Hub and have not experienced it. Although my V1 sensors are only Motion. Planning on Pairing a Contacr sensor soon to test and see if I have the same issue. But not in any rush… :slight_smile:

Glad to see others are having this issue!

Once a day I am re-pairing my hub to get everything to work right. There is no reboot option, so I just re-add it. DO NOT REMOVE IT FROM THE APP or you will need to re add each sensor. Just press the button on the back of the hub and add it as a new device. Keep your phone within 6” of the hub and you’ll be back.

As others have pointed out, this is a definite firmware issue. I will be downgrading today and will report on what I find. With 16 sensors added to this, my smart home is dependent on the rules firing correctly.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any way to downgrade or roll back the firmware. That’s part of the problem or I would’ve done it a long time ago. I have over 2 dozen sensors sitting in a box waiting for someone to figure out how to fix this issue before I set them all up at my new home.

But if you do find a way to accomplish this (downgrade to a different firmware) please do let us know ASAP!

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing about the downgrade but wondered if I just missed something.
:thinking:

1 Like

You used to be able to downgrade, but now it only looks possible through a firmware flash on cams only.

1 Like

Anyone from Wyze responded to this? My system has been completely reliable since I removed the V1 contact sensor from the hub. I know I submitted logs and listed it here in this post but have seen nothing from the developers.

Would one of the Mods/mavens check with Wyze to see what steps have been taken or are planned? They should have plenty of information with which to troubleshoot this. The problem certainly makes the new hub less appealing if it won’t work with the older sensors.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my HMS hub so I tried deleting my v1 contact sensors from the hub and it seems to have fixed the issue. Well not really fixed it but at least I can use my HMS hub again.

UPDATE I inadvertently left one v1 contact sensor attached to my hub and it still works so evidently it’s not all v1 contact sensors causing the problem.

Wait a few days and report back then. I found some v1’s froze the hub really fast and very often, while others appear to only freeze it every 24-72 hours, and there are some people reporting that it never freezes with any of their V1s. It will be interesting to see if your one V1 freezes the hub within 3 days as I suspect it likely will.

I pulled out my old V1 bridge and switched my V1 contact sensors off the hub and onto the old Bridge, and after several days of flawless testing, I am confident in reporting that my hub has also been perfectly stable since removing my V1’s from the hub and onto the old V1 Bridge.

I still have the same ghost rules affecting the same sensors even though they were switched to the Bridge, but at least the hub hasn’t been freezing up at least every day like it used to (or every few seconds like it was with one of the sensors). This very strongly leads me to believe the problem has something to do with having V1 contact sensors on the hub. This is disappointing as I loved how on the previous firmware iterations the hub was so stable and reliable for all my V1s with a much stronger signal too. I am very sad to have to put all my V1’s on a Bridge again just to have a stable Hub, but it was unsustainable having the hub freeze up so often. At least now it has been reliable and stable for several days without incident. Even the sensor that was freezing the hub every few seconds is now on a Bridge, and everything works great. The hub has some kind of bug now.

For anyone else having problems with a locked up hub on this beta firmware, I highly suggest removing your V1’s from the hub (move them back to a bridge if you can) until Wyze provides a fix or allows us to roll back the firmware. I am now VERY convinced that at least some V1 contact sensors have something to do with it since it locks up consistently when the V1’s are on there, and is flawless for at least several days when they aren’t on there.

2 Likes

Nice to confirm that I’m not as crazy as I though I might be. :blush:

Still have to ask, has anyone heard from a representative from Wyze about this? I haven’t seen any response which is very frustrating.

1 Like

Not since July 15th or so when @mike.s said the following;

So by inference that means they haven’t figured anything out or have no updates. They do have a bunch of public social media events this week:

So you could get on some of those and ask questions about this or other things. They are often more willing to give their attention to things that are brought up publicly, and then get a good response to them. It helps if you word it in a way that will draw others’attention and upvotes so it’s harder to ignore, such as mentioning how it’s the firmware that includes sensor chines & muting exit delays and asking why there is no communication from that team in the beta thread they asked for our help to test, while other teams do really well with communication when they ask for our help testing things. Should there be consistency? At least acknowledgement they’re aware or looking into things they’ve asked us to report to them? -Bringing the issue to the attention of the higher ups (who probably are just unaware of the issues) could spur someone into action as desired.

It looks like they just pushed out a new Firmware. 295. Just a heads up for anyone watching this thread.

1 Like

Thanks…

It seems to address the V1 Sensor issue:

2 Likes

Heh, gotta hurry and push out that new firmware the day before we said we were going to ask about it on the new public AMA’s this week! Good Timing Wyze. No need to bring it up in public anymore. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the hard work. Would’ve preferred a little communication (honestly, that’s really all we were asking for in here), but it is obvious you have actually put a lot of effort into working on a new firmware update this whole time (with as many additions as were added in the twenty-odd days since we reported this), and is very much appreciated. Thank you for working on it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.