Wyze Sense Hub, Cam Outdoor & Base Station firmware Beta Test 6/30

Thanks @QiS the first one is

Log #251453

I didn’t name the new rules, so the new ones just say “Office Switch Opens” or Closes.

And it is supposed to turn on/off 3 color bulbs I now have in my office.

As you can see from the images, that group is made up of color bulbs ONLY, no V1 bulbs.
It is still turning on a V1 bulb that used to be called “Office Light” and is now called “Family Room South”

…that bulb USED to be tied to the same switch with a rule, but that rule was “deleted” when I deleted the hub, yet it is still executing.

I also just checked to see if the motion sensor I had connected to that bulb is still turning it on and off too. It is. That log number is:

LOG 251460

The old rule was to turn on the V1 bulb when motion was detected, then turn it off after 10 minutes of being clear. When I deleted the hub, that rule was deleted too. After I re-added the hub, I made a new rule to turn on and off 3 color bulbs. (no V1’s) as you can see here:

Yet the motion sensor is still turning on and off that Family Room South V1 Bulb (used to be called Office Light when I made the original rule before everything was deleted)

These are the specs of the devices involved in the Ghost Rules:

V1 BULB

V2 MOTION SENSOR

V1 CONTACT SENSOR (connected to the hub)

These effects happen EVERY SINGLE TIME. I can’t remember for sure what the exact name of the old rules were, but I believe it was something like Office switch on or Office Switch off before it got deleted. Then the motion sensor name was something like “Automatic Office lights on” or something like that.

I am sure I have a ton of other devices that will similarly be affected with ghost rules as soon as I reconnect those sensors again. I had a bunch of other sensors with rules, I just haven’t had a chance to reinstall them all yet, and noticed the issues on these ones right away. Just thought I should report it to you. Hope it helps. Thanks for your time! :slight_smile:

Here is a list of ALL the rules I actually have created and active now:

Anything not on that list is a ghost rule. Part of the problem you will have is that some of the ghost rules might have similar or identical names because after they auto-deleted, I had to start rebuilding them and I tried to keep them with a similar name…it’s just that the new rules are using different bulbs, and the old ghost rules are affecting the bulbs they USED to be assigned to, but aren’t anymore.

Been running HMS all day without issues since deleting the V1 sensor. HomeAssistant is once again arming and disarming the system on schedule. Also able to manually arm/disarm the system without a glitch. Looks like the V1s may be problematic with the hub.

1 Like

interesting..

Glad you got it working, was curious if it was the V1 Contact sensors?

I have motion sensors on mine without issue, so was curious.

I have the beta version (2.22.16) of the iOS Wyze app, and enrolled the Hub in the app’s Beta Program settings, but have not been able to get the beta firmware for my hub.
It still shows the latest firmware version as 4.32.3.183.
I’ve tried from: Home > Hub > Settings > Device Info > Firmware Version and also from: Account > Firmware Update but do not appear to receive beta firmware for any of my devices.
Am I missing something?

Mine was…just one of them.

1 Like

Got it. We’ll look at it. @carverofchoice

2 Likes

Mine locked up again last night and required a reboot (still had 2 V1 contact sensors connected to it).

I am going to have to try removing ALL V1 sensors from the hub now and see if that fixes it for more than 1 day. --I am just going to wait to do that test until after qsun’s team gets a chance to look at and fix the ghost rules problems on their new rules engine. I’d like to help them figure out how to fix first. Then I try deleting all V1 contact Sensors and moving them back to bridges again and see if mine starts working well again again.

Sorry… late “chiming” in here. I have v1 contact and motion sensors connected to my HMS hub along with multiple keypads, v2 motion and entry sensors. Chime is on for v2 entry sensors. No problems so far. Hub is connected via WiFi and running firmware 4.32.4.241.

1 Like

Just thought I’d update people, that Wyze Mike responded to this hub freeze up issue in the Reddit AMA thread today, and indicated he read the thread here and will have someone looking into the root cause and provide some communication:

Wyze Mike Response to this thread on Reddit:

Yikes thank you for raising this! I’ll be honest with you… we identified a few issues in .241, but I personally didn’t realize the v1 issue and for that I apologize. After reading through the thread you posted I see we have a problem, but we haven’t yet identified the root cause. I’ve asked our QA and firmware teams to dive into this ASAP and provide a response on the forum as soon as they have updates.

Source: Reddit AMA

Thank you Wyze Mike, Honestly, I expect there will sometimes be bugs in Beta firmware, I totally accept that will happen, I just feel better when I have some communication that they are aware of and looking into things. I am grateful this has been acknowledged and will be looked into. That’s really all I ask. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is valuable feedback. I do wonder what the connection is. Mine seemed to work fine without V1’s, and a particular V1 was particularly REALLY bad at freezing it up. It could be coincidence, hence my testing different things and asking for others input like yours. So it sounds like it is only certain V1’s and not ALL V1’s or else it could be some other factor…maybe V1’s with certain kinds of rules (or not V1s at all, and something else entirely).

Do you have V1 contact sensors with any rules controlling smart bulbs? If so, are they V1 or Color bulbs?
There could be so many other things involved. It would just be nice to try to identify it. Thank you for the answers so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am now more curious about this issue. I will add a V1 Contact Sensor to my Hub this weekend and see. I do have the V1 Motion Sensors controlling both my Color and Non Color bulbs as well as sending notifications based on time. My hub is hardwired, no problems at all, so far. If I have issues when I add the V1 Contact Sensor, I will let you know.

2 Likes

The V1 causing issues for me had no rules at all, just notifications. Also, for what it’s worth…my hub is connected by wifi.

3 Likes

No rules applied to v1 contact sensors, but I have rules applied to v1 motion sensors. Rules for v1 motion sensors drive Wyze plugs and v2 cam Events only.

2 Likes

My hub was originally connected by Ethernet and it was freezing up then. I later switched it to WiFi and it has the same problems. Now I can’t figure out how to switch it back to Ethernet (I tried and it didn’t seem to give that option anymore with this firmware, though it’s possible it’s still there and I am just overlooking something).

I think all you have to do it plug it in to Ethernet. Once you have WiFi set up, it should automatically switch depending on whether or not that cable is present.

I think it should also give you instructions, like this Outdoor Camera Base Station prompt:

IMG_3154

1 Like

Thanks, I could’ve sworn when I first got it it gave me instructions and an option to choose, but the last 3 tines I set it up I didn’t see anything so I was confused.

1 Like

If it works, the ‘no instructions’ might be work writing up. I currently have a write-up in that I can’t switch from Ethernet to WiFi on the Hub, so I can’t even test going back to Ethernet, lol.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Wish I could get the FW update.

I think if you re-add the hub through add device and pressing the setup button on the hub you can get to the wifi setup portion of the hub. Not ideal, but it should get you on wifi.

I can also say that my system has worked flawlessly since I removed the V1 sensor from the hub. Indicates to me that a problem exists in the hub firmware.

2 Likes