Wyze Sense and IFTTT

“Wyze”

That service name is definitely not working. I wonder if they are using an alias to prevent some kind of collision with another service.

I messed around with it and figured out that the actual service name is WyzeCam.

@mike.s,

Glad to see IFTTT Sense triggers are live. What are the plans for IFTTT Sense actions (eg. sensors being added to the enable/disable notifications action) ??

2 Likes

Weird, it shows up as just “Wyze” in my IFTTT applets. Where did you find that info?

Yeah, I get just “Wyze” also…

I don’t believe IFTTT supports multiple if statements but check out Apilio. It combines if statements and could possibly meet your needs. It takes some setup and more of a programming mindset but does work well for some of my other multiple if statement scenarios.

https://apilio.herokuapp.com/

1 Like

It looks like when Wyze changed their name from WyzeCam to just Wyze, IFTTT never changed the service name, just the label that appears on the service pages.

If you try to create an applet that will inform you when a service adds a new trigger or action, it will ask you for the service name.

For Wyze, the service name is WyzeCam. Just putting Wyze in as the service name doesn’t work.

IFTTT should probably change it so you chose the service name from a drop-down list instead of making you type it.

4 Likes

I second this motion, In addition to the triggers, I’d love to see WyzeSense actions in IFTTT.

Good catch!

Finally getting around to testing my Wyze Sense contact sensors.
Backtrack a bit… because Wyze does not have an external siren (sigh) I have been using a basic iSmartAlarm system with and additional siren. My goal is to scare off intruders as much as warn me. With the Pan Cam and IFTTT this works pretty well. I’d much prefer a Wyze only solution though! I love the pan cam.

I went to try this out with the contact sensors. Was able to create the IFTTT applet just fine. But …
unlike the Pan Cam , I could NOT disable the sensors in the Wyze app so that IFTTT would not get notified. I tried creating short cuts to disable notifications for the sensors but it made no difference.
So I can not completely disable my alarms (and sirens) within the Wyze app. Which is not acceptable.

We need to be able to create a shortcut to disable everything … not just local notifications… everything! This is a bug … not a feature.

BTW … I did use the chat service to talk to customer support and they confirmed that this was not supported and I should come here to add it to the wish list (although I still insist its a bug)>

So, even by using shortcut to turn off all notifications (camera and sensors)—which I think you can currently do in the shortcut/automation options–it still would trigger ifttt (but not send you notifications)? Is that correct? If so I guess it makes sense that it still is triggering, but just not sending notification to your phone…I agree there should be way too completely disable sensors, but not cameras…

1 Like

yes. @Ssmaniac you have it right. notifications can be disabled but not IFTTT. Again … the camera you can turn off but not the sensors.

Hi All. Is it possible to have an integration option with IFTTT that will disable the Sense Motion detection and/or contact sensors? I know there’s that option for the actual cameras, but doesn’t seem like it for Sense. For example, I don’t want notifications regarding motion when I’m home.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I have a PIR sensor (not Wyze) and it triggers when it triggers and there is no way to turn it off. The actions, however (turning on lights), I have set to only happen during certain hours. Focus on disabling the actions.

1 Like

what app is this?

ActionTiles for SmartThings

1 Like

Just a newcomer to Wyze and Sense. I have the location rule for turning off Cam devices in IFTTT when I get home, but I would like to bring all Sense devices into this rule. Can it be done now or do I need to wait for further integration?

Cheers

Hey Guys! Got Wyze Sense turning on and off my TP-Link Kasa Dim switch via IFTTT. There is a 2-3 second delay. Still Awesome.

Update - Got it working with SmartLife plugs as well.

But there is still a 2-3 sec delay. Any advice on shortening the delay?

Hope that Wyze integrates the sensors with a better automation platform than IFTTT.