Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Testing 3/22/2021

@rui.luo, I did my cleaning as indicated. Seemed as if everything was working well, except for my MBR BR location, for some reason it had issues entering the bathroom at the correct spot, almost if it thought the room was smaller than when it last mapped. All other room cleaned without issue.

Log Submitted: 179172

Here is a Video of the Vacuum, notice how it misses the hallway

Here is the Video of it trying to enter and Vacuum the Bathroom. It ended when it thought it was done

Pictures of where it actually cleaned and heading back to the Charger - Notice the white lines outside of the MBR BR

The Vacuum Location is where it thinks the door is to enter the bathroom

Very detailed information. Let me make sure that what you mean “misses the hallway” in the first video, where was the it vacuuming before missed the hallway? Living room or MBR? Did you mean that the vacuum went to hallway before it finished the MBR’s cleaning ?
In the second video, I found the vacuum can’t through smoothly the threshold of the bathroom.I guess that it is high to the vacuum, of course adding the height of carpet.
I will let the team to check this log. Thank you one more time for your feedback !

Thanks for the response.

The Vacuum was on the charging station, I sent it to clean the MBR BR. It left the charging station and turned to early to go down the hallway, eventually it makes it to the hallway and down.

The Threshold is not too high, it never had an issue with this until afetr the remapping. Today, I decided I was going to join the MBR and MBR BR, Once completed, i noticed that there was a green line seperating the MBR ad the MBR BR. I believe it is not going into the MBR BR because it thinks there is a wall there, when there is not. I will do another mapping to see.

I noticed before it turning around it passed a glass book shelf. I guess the mirror may cause the vacuum confusion because it doesn’t know it is an actual wall or object.

Good point. I can put something in front to see if it makes a difference. But it does eventually get by it.

Yes, if the lidar recognize it as an actual wall or an object, it will avoid it instead of colliding, I noticed your machine change walking model when it went near the shelf, it might have looked it as virtual things

will remap again and see what happens this Saturday morning.

@Rui , I did my test again, blocked off the mirror as well. Did the remapping and then Vacuumed. Vacuuming went off with out a hitch and so did the mapping. The missing the hallway still existed, but not as bad. I think the issue with the MBR BR had to do with the previous mapping after the FW update. It apparently put a wall up between the MBR and MBR BR. Last nights mapping did not show this and it cleaned as expected.

Now for an additional issue, Log #184704.

During the mapping, it left the charging station and then about 1 foot away said no network connection, my network still showed it connected, so not sure why this happened. I did nothing - It mapped the entire house even though it said no network. Image below of what it showed. Then today, while it was vacuuming the back of the hallway, same thing happened. It still finished and there was no issue. So I think there is something glitchy with either the FW or with maintaining a stable network.

Please note: it all worked even though it displayed No Network.

Image oif what WYZE app showed:

Image of my Connection on my network, notice my signal strength and the fact that is was connected:

3 Likes

@spamoni very detailed and very clear!.. very very well done. I don’t doubt I and other mavens or mods will use this post as an example in the future. :slight_smile: hopefully you guys can get this issue figured out.

1 Like

Still can’t separate rooms that have a gap in the middle of them. Split only lets me split from the “exterior” walls of my home, not “interior” walls.

Also, can we get an option to rotate floor plans so my room names don’t overlap?

1 Like

We re work on this unconnected issue. It is hard to collect log because the device has been disconnected with internet, we are trying to adjust the logic that allow the device updating log after re-connect.

1 Like

Thanks. Let me know if you need me to test anything for you to aid in collecting the logs

1 Like

Tried testing out the new beta FW 1.6.126 with Android 2.19.15.

I started a scheduled clean. then I stopped it in the middle and asked it to go back to charging dock. it had difficulty docking on the carpet. then suddenly the map disappeared. it was able to dock finally but now the map has been cleared. I think the map got flipped too . Ticket 190366

Did you remap after the firmware update?

Did you get the updated firmware through the Wyze app, or did they send it to you? I’m still seeing 1.6.113.

Ever since using the quick map feature on 1.6.113, my vacuum goes to the office and bumps into a piano and wall for a few minutes before going to clean a room.

Yes I did remap after the update.

@jbbrown79 I thought I updated through the wyze beta app but maybe it was an alpha app.

1 Like

The Vac ran today without issues and no offline issues either. I changed absolutely nothing. Just let it kick off and run.

Isn’t that the way it always is. :slight_smile:

Fingers Crossed it wont happen again. But my offer stands - if you need me to check or test something, feel free to reach out.

Mine works really good after the update. Still no camera I was supposed to receive from being an early purchaser Tom

Can you put in a ticket for that early backer gift that you didn’t receive? I believe they will try to help you get the reward.

How do I put in a ticket. Is that the “Help Center” submit a request? If it is how do I get it to you? Thanks. Tom