Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware 1.6.199 and 1.6.202 Gradually Released! - 3/22/22

dont be too apologetic. there is no reason they should not be able to develop a firmware update that would add these features without bricking devices.

Stuck on 1.6.113 here as well. Early Adopter as with many Wyze products.

Been patiently monitoring this thread but had to post now.

Frustrated with Wyze!

Has anyone been able to move up from 1.6.130 firmware to a higher version by un-enrolling from the beta group or some other way ?

Wyze team - Looks like you just released a bunch of inventory to Walmart with the latest firmware. Maybe you could have set aside a few for the beta firmware updates ?

3 Likes

I just had delivered today 3 new Wyze robot vacs from Walmart. I was hoping that they would be the latest firmware as others have reported, but NO. The first one I setup has 1.6.113 Grrr!. Have not setup the other two yet. Will update.

The takeaway is that NOT all the vacs from this Walmart sale have the newest firmware.

2 Likes

that seems to conflict with what the person below is saying. if the issue was concern with bricking devices… why then… 8 months after the improved firmware was released… are new devices being shipped with old firmware? surely the new firmware could be installed at the factory and if bricked, they could be dealt with before shipping.

glad i held off on that sale. i considered buying one for my mother, but im not about to buy a second device that isnt being supported by the manufacturer.

1 Like

So this model is not being supported? I just pulled the trigger on the Walmart deal. Should I cancel my order or are going to have a new FW update soon?

The firmware on the version at WalMart is pretty much what we were testing in beta a while back. Vacuums purchased in the past will have a trickier and more risky update so we’ve been working on a process to make it as painless as possible for folks. We’re still ironing things out but specifically don’t plan to send that out when people may want to vacuum for the holidays.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense, especially with all the shipping problems that come with the holidays too, plus employees taking time off, etc. It does kind of make sense to wait until at least sometime after New Years at the soonest.

While I understand the need to delay during the holidays, I hope this doesn’t drag on for another 9 months and we get the updates in Jan 2023.

Umm. January 2023 is only 22 days away.

TomG - I said my hope is that they will push out newer firmware for the older vacuums in Jan 2023 instead of having us wait another 9 months

BTW, purchased my second one from Walmart.com and the vacuum is on 1.6.113

@WyzeJasonJ - Unless you push out the newer firmware to these Walmart sold vacuums asap, you are going to have a ton of returns on your hands. Just my thoughts.

So is the Walmart stock discounted because it’s older hardware Wyze is trying to liquidate? I imagine hardware changes may occur and there’s difficulty in getting the firmware perfect unless you focus specifically on uniform hardware.

Yup this is about to be a Walmart disaster for them and Walmart.

Walmart recently sold this vacuum on discount and then even put the units into an updated box that advertises multi-floor support. My guess is these were older units and all have the 1.6.113 firmware which is going to NOT have multi-floor support.

It also looks like I can’t even beta test update the firmware like I did on an older vacuum which I took from 1.6.113 to 1.6.173

Wyze customer service just says “ok please wait longer for update”.

This is not going to go well for them since they already have a reputation for poor support on products; now they are going to have all these vacuums sold by Walmart with some pretty unhappy consumers even if they do return the units.

1 Like

I’m already noticing conversations from many people who are returning units to Walmart. Hopefully Wyze can be transparent about hardware changes, if any, and difficulty in supporting various units. At the end of the day everyone wants newer functions but wants to understand if they are purchasing units that will potentially have more issues down the road when it comes to support.

1 Like

yea I noted this to customer service when I called - I am seeing a few people note this issue and imagine there will be more since the recent sale likely had quite a few buyers of the product. Walmart is packaging these in boxes that note “multi-floor support” so this is likely to make a lot of people confused why they dont see the support initially → then they will call support → then they will find out its not supported and there is no beta capability to get it and there is no idea when it will be available → then there will be angry consumers and likely angry walmart.

Just raising up the same flag as others here - looks like Walmart likely re-sold a bunch of units that previously got returned OR had a bunch of old inventory and decided to run a sale. Many people are getting a bunch of 1.6.113 vacuums in boxes that note multi-floor support (which 1.6.113 does not have).

So you guys may want to get ahead of this issue. I called up phone support and they sort of shrug and noted they don’t know when the new update will be out.

I had a previous 1.6.113 vacuum and joined the beta program in order to update it to 1.6.173 which had multi-floor support and spot cleaning support. Now when I look at the new vacuum I got it no longer notes an upgrade option for the vacuum to 1.6.173, it only notes its up to date at 1.6.113.

There are going to be quite a few people who bought this vacuum from Walmart recently and be pretty angry about this. Many will likely go to Walmart customer support first and likely get lots of confusion and lack of help. This isn’t just going to be about a bunch of returned vacuums - you are going to have a lot of customers angry about this and the perception is going to look poorly for Wyze. Very rarely does a company have a product sent out with a box that advertises a feature; only for people to open it up, set it up, call tech support just to find out that feature is not available for their product with no idea when it will be out. That is going to come off really poorly.

BTW - you may be able to utilize Walmart infrastructure on the bricking issue - given they have a ton of stores / locations and logistics infrastructure. If they did mistakenly send out a bunch of these robot vacuums with old firmware in new boxes - maybe you can rope them into allowing you to piggyback on their returns infrastructure to handle your bricking issue and expedite the new firmware update.

Namely - if bricking occurs then people can bring into walmart to handle the return process - which will probably make the shipping costs lower to you if aggregated into Walmart. Then some Walmarts can offer to swap the units on hand OR allow for a new unit to be sent out as you would have had to do anyway.

Regardless - you are going to have a bit of a nightmare coming up with people who just bought all these on-sale Walmart vacuums.

1 Like

I am one of those people! I just got my vacuum last week during their sale and it has 1.6.113 firmware and the app says I’m up to date! So what do I need to do to get caught up? Thank you!

So I am one of the many TICKED OFF customers that purchased this vacuum from Walmart last week during their sale and can’t update to the newest firmware. I’m on 1.6.113 and the app says it’s up to date. I even tried the beta program with no help! It says right on the box MULTI FLOOR and nowhere in the app is there any settings for it! This is why so many people have issues with Wyze! They go silent when there are big problems (remember the big security leak a while back?) hoping it will be forgotten! HOW/WHEN will I be upgraded to the newest firmware? At the very least let me get a trade from Wyze directly then I can return this one to you in the box. @WyzeGwendolyn

2 Likes

This is nothing new. I got my vacuum 1 and 1/2 years ago and it said multi floor capable. The main reason I bought it. Still waiting. At 1.6.113 forever.

1 Like

I’m on 113, and before I found this thread I logged a support ticket. They just told me to make sure my app was up to date and to reset my vacuum to factory defaults to get the 199 and then 202 firmware. Ignored my mention of 306.

So my want to get the support team on the same page that we are stuck on 113 for now.