Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware 1.6.199 and 1.6.202 Gradually Released! - 3/22/22

Hi, folks!

We have a gradual sequential update with experience improvements going out for Wyze Robot Vacuum! A portion of vacuums currently on 1.6.113 will have access to 1.6.199 followed by 1.6.202. Don’t worry if you don’t see these today!

Read our Release Notes:

7 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen I just opened a ticket, but I currently have 1.6.130 and do not see an update pending. How would I force a firmware update when it’s not showing one available?

This update was only available to a portion of the vacuums that were on FW 1.6.113. They have been very slow to roll out vacuum updates, hopefully that will change soon.

Boy folks, I still run my vacuum daily and love most of my wyze products despite some issues along the way. I’m a long term advocate and have turned numerous other folks onto the wyze family of products but it seems like the real vibe I became dedicated to is starting to fade. I remember a year ago when there was so much talk about what features were coming to the vac, like spot cleaning, and here we sit, crippled by problematic updates and quickly outdated hope. I catch thread after thread any more when I read about my different products that end the same way… fizzle and silence, no comment other than email remnants of a promise for future updates. In the mean time I am shocked to find myself looking at what might be my next watch outside wyze, or when the vac dies… don’t lose me wyze… I’m the type of customer that is vital, I preorder a huge amount of your products and build anticipation amongst others, I use your products daily at home and at work… I know growing pains are a part of something so edge margin as your business and you have treated me well over the years. Please keep up that spirit, double down on the commitment to your promises and keep your core values forward.

1 Like

We ordered two Wyze vacuums at the same time; one for my MIL and the other for us. I set up my MIL’s first and it immediately updated to the most recent firmware with the spot-cleaning feature… Very nice addition! Unfortunately our vacuum did not update so we are stuck on 1.6.113. Ugh!

@UserCustomerGwen I am also curious if there will be any further updates on the vacuum? I am also stuck on 1.6.130 for well over a year. Thank you

I’m in the same bucket, it’s now October, updates started rolling out in March, we’re 6+ months down the line and I’m still stuck on 1.6.113, what is the way forward please to get the updates?

This was the last update by WyzeGwendolyn

The reason we haven’t charged forward yet is because this is a fairly risky update for vacuums that are on one of the beta branches of firmware. Merging the code is expected to result in a portion of them becoming unresponsive so we’re making sure we have systems in place to take care of anyone impacted with a minimum of fuss on their part. At this point, I’m working with our logistics team on part of the plan.

Thanks for checking in and I apologize for the delay!

Currently we are still trying to figure everything out to minimize risk to users equipment and have replacements.

2 Likes

Thx I hear what your saying, and I’m glad to hear your being risk-averse, but 6-months+ to figure out a code-merge from a branch back into MAIN is pretty poor, IMO.

I bought this vacuum over a year ago because of the multi floor supposed ability. I’m a beta tester and still don’t have it. Current firmware is 1.6.113. Please update me.

1 Like

Same here. stuck on the 1.6.113 and its very disappointing to see year and a half and no update.

1 Like

On behalf of Ocili:

Wzye, come clean with us your fans, we love your products but you’ve got to come clean and tell us what is going on with this Vacuum. I don’t buy now that you’ve not been able to complete a code-merge after 9 months. If you can’t complete the code-merge, then you need to deliver an interim build to get products updated to some intermediate stable state, but not having any updates for such a long period of time is poor. You’ve appear to have continued to update all your other products, you’ve delivered lots of new h/w products, but the Vacuum must feel like a discarded friend.

2 Likes

I have 2 vacuums purchased this past June 2022. Im still stuck on 1.6.113 on both of them. Still no update to the spot cleaning. Come on! Dont abandon us Wyze!

Give us an update as to what is going on please.

1 Like

absolutely absurd that this still isnt available to me 9 MONTHS after it has been released. i love wyze products, but this is really making me think about spending more on something else.

Another user stuck on 1.6.113 here… Wyze doesn’t seem to care?

2 Likes

We do care, that is why we are making sure we have everything ready before sending the firmware update. It is a risky update, we are working to make the firmware upgrade as stable as possible but it will brick some devices, we have to have the inventory on hand to replace those devices since we will have to make it right when that happens.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. The optics weren’t good to us, after 8 months to clean up the merge since the announcement, and two months since the last communication regarding progress. I’ll be happy to see the update arrive, but you’ll forgive us for questioning the progress after this much time and radio silence?

Regardless, apologies for the comment, as I’m sure you do care.

1 Like

I do fully understand the questioning, I do keep poking at the team about it. I am sorry for not circling back sooner but it was mainly because I had no new information yet. I will try to make sure I circle back more often.

2 Likes