Wyze product updates - 02-17-2020

Question: are we talking about a smart watch with a screen or a basic device that you talk to that is worn on you? Basically can I ask the band to show me my cameras or is it limited to “Alexa turn off my Wyze notifications”?

5 Likes

Using Alexa on the Apple watch?

If so, I use a $1.99 app on the watch called “Voice In A Can” and it enables Alexa on my Apple watch. With Alexa enabled, I can control any of my smart devices that Alexa can on my phone with voice including Wyze plugs and bulbs. In fact, I put the launch icon for the app right on my watch face so it’s quick to access. For the Wyze Lock, the Wyze beta app has Alexa although Wyze Johnathan said it’s experimental and doesn’t recommend using it, but other than a delay of 20 seconds sometimes, it locks and unlocks my door using voice control. Unlock of course requires you to speak a pin number.

Here’s a link to the app:

5 Likes

Ready to pull trigger on getting outdoor cam and doorbell cam as soon as they hit the street. Awesome cool product mixes coming down the line !!!

4 Likes

Where is the water leak sensor at? Alpha or beta or nowhere?

3 Likes

You need to look in the direction of the Wear OS Wear OS by Google | The smartwatch operating system that connects you to what matters most operation system and the Wyze application for it, but not in the direction of Google Home.

2 Likes

I don’t work for Wyze so I can only guess here… the current status is “In Development” which means it is currently being developed. Once initial development is complete, Alpha testing will commence. @mike.s may be able to share additional status details.

2 Likes

Why not make Wyze App for Wear OS and for Fitbit OS ?

@Frederik Why don’t you just make a Wyze Button (something like Philips Hue Button)?

2 Likes

Correct! The project is in development, but we don’t have many details to share just yet.

5 Likes

@mike.s @UserCustomerGwen @WyzeDongsheng

I have some questions about the new products:

1. Will the Outdoor Cam have person detection?

2. If you choose to plug in the Outdoor Cam can it record to a Micro SD card?

3. Will there be a Micro SD card slot in the Hub for the Outdoor Cameras to record to?

4. Will Wyze Cam V2’s be able to connect to the Outdoor Cam’s Hub?

5. Now that I know the Video Doorbell will be wired… Are you guys working on a Battery Powered Video Doorbell or planning on working on one in the future?

6. What is the picture resolution on the Video Doorbell cam?

7. What is the picture resolution on the Outdoor Cam?

8. For Wyze band. Are we talking about a smartwatch with a screen or a basic device that you talk to that is worn on you? Basically, can I ask the band to show me my cameras or is it limited to “Alexa turn off my Wyze notifications”?

Thank you so much!!

4 Likes

When is the Google integration going to be completed? When can we start viewing cams and setting routines on Google Home app ?

3 Likes

Doubt that I’ll part ways with my Apple Watch.

3 Likes

Hi @raffiearabian,

You can already have Google display your Wyze cameras on your Chromecast connected TV. I do it when some one drops :joy: an Amazon package on my porch.

1 Like

So excited for all the news… cant wait for the WYZE Lock… as i moved to a house that has no good locks. one question… will i have to put in a dead bolt first and then the WYZE lock? or can i just install the WYZE lock without a dead bolt (there are none now).

thanks

1 Like

You will have to install a deadbolt first. The tagline for the Wyze Lock is “Keep your deadbolt. Just add the brains.”

3 Likes

Great question @DannyBoi !

You can watch a YouTube video of me :joy: installing the Wyze Lock on my existing deadbolt.

2 Likes

Wyze products are great and I have 6 v2 wyze cams. Hopefully the outdoor cams are worth the wait and are wire free (battery powered).

I’ve actually recently got a Eufy doorbell 2k and have been really impressed with the quality and reliability of the device that I am now considering the eufy cam 2 for outdoor (just not a huge fan of how the base station is the source of wifi for the cameras - which makes it a limited range).

Hopefully Wyze outdoor cam will be a nice surprise :slight_smile: along with the doorbell, any details on the resolution?

3 Likes

Is the Eufy camera the battery operated video doorbell??

1 Like

EufyLife offers a wide variety of AC powered and battery powered video doorbells or cameras. Search for Eufy on Amazon for a quick look.

1 Like

I got the wired option, but they also offer a wireless, both crystal clear 2k, super impressed with it - and @ no monthly fees

2 Likes