Wyze product updates - 02-17-2020

The only thing I’m waiting on is a security system. Are you guys working on that?

3 Likes

Do you expect to have a “guest” feature on you door lock for my AirBnb guest?

3 Likes

Well if the Doorbell/Cam is “wired” - that good to know. Means I will start a search for a non Wyze doorbell.
Eufy is looking like it might be the way to go.

4 Likes

I was aware of that, I wanted to know if he had the battery powered camera and his opinion of it if he did indeed have the battery powered camera.

Thanks for responding. I’ve been thinking of getting the new battery powered Eufy camera - my wired doorbell is crap!

1 Like

I have installed both the wired and battery only versions. As well as Rings V2 Doorbell which is a hybrid approach. I personally prefer the wired versions. The wireless battery only ones make a lot of tradeoffs to improve battery life. So no always on, notifications are always delayed compared to the wired ones. And that delay means you miss a bunch. I ran one of each side by side for a month, I was amazed how much the battery powered version just plain missed.

3 Likes

I may look into my wired door bell and try and fix it. It was d.o.a. when I purchased my house - one of several reasons why I reduced the bid on the house. :slight_smile:

There are some really good and inexpensive transformer replacement kits, as long as the wiring is intact.

This is one I have used and like very much.

24V 40VA Thermostat and Doorbell Transformer, Power Supply Compatible with Nest, Ecobee, Sensi and Honeywell Thermostat, Nest Hello Doorbell and All Versions of Ring Doorbell (Style 1) Amazon.com

1 Like

I’m not sure about the resolution, I recently asked Wyze about this and have not received a response.

The Outdoor Wyze Cam has been said to be Battery Powered with the option to be plugged in.

3 Likes

I do not work for Wyze but they have one-time and temporary options on their lock. Let’s say you have someone staying at your AirBnb for 3 days. You can create a code that is valid through that time and the Guest’s can use it.

1 Like

What doorbell you have now?

Sad that RTSP isn’t being including in this. Would REALLY love to be able to just open a webpage or something to be able to see my camera’s from my desk instead of having an emulator going ALL the time.

3 Likes

Id rather you spent your rwsources on alk the problems we have on the current products instead of developing a fitbit or a scale. Hell, id prefer you stop releasing products until you can release them not so horreibly flawed. Better yet perhaps your cuaroners, including myself should just jumpnship. Have you read yoyr forums? The amount of frusteation we have…?

2 Likes

Completely agree! currently you can’t even get the wyze app on the Amazon tablet!?!
Not without the back door Google play store thing… So natively they don’t go together. I bought the camera for the person detecrion hoping to catch people and be able to watch on my fire tablet mounted in the kitchen… Giant fail! Is it possible in this day and age there is not a technology we could get quicker? I have not done the last update thinking I would lose some person detection I probably don’t even have? @UserCustomerGwen?

1 Like

I totally agree with you!! RTSP would be very nice to have!

I definitely understand how you are feeling. I feel the same way!! I wish that the Wyze app was on Amazon Fire Tablets. I know that Google, Apple, and Amazon are teaming up to make all their products work together. In theory your Amazon connected product would work on Google Hub and the other way around. But… this is a long way out. I do understand where Wyze is at though with the Person Detection. It is not their fault that the company they were using is not going to continue with them. So you do have to give them credit for working so hard to give us Person Detection again.

2 Likes

Exactly — it’s not like there isn’t a side project currently going on with people working on it, or have it working (but being a small business owner — I need it simple and don’t really want to spend the time or resources to dink around with doing a custom flash, etc). It seems like it should be fairly easy for Wyze to just take what’s been done, and incorporate it in — all while make a LOT of people VERY happy.

2 Likes

Appreciate the updates and am excited for the new products mentioned. Maybe I missed it but is there a color bulb in process? I love the Wyze bulbs and had hoped color options would be around the corner.

3 Likes

Any information on that is in the thread below. It says ‘in-development’ but my guess it is very early on which is why it wasn’t listed here. (Just an assumption by me, not actual knowledge)

4 Likes

Just an old fashioned door bell that doesn’t work, my father-in-law took a look at it and couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t working. I just have a battery powered door chime for now.

1 Like