Wyze Outdoor Cam, can it survive in a fish tank?

So would the Wyze Outdoor Cam survive in a fish tank? I’m currently getting into breeding fish/shrimp and was wondering if WOC could be fully submerged underwater?

The WOC is IP65 rated. It cannot be submerged in water. You need an IP68 cam to do it.

1 Like

Even if it was completely waterproof, submerging it in a fish tank would kill the 2.4GHz wifi signal. However; If it doesn’t leak you certainly could pull it out every so often to recharge and revue the footage.
If your budget can take the hit if you ruin the camera, I would try it.
What’s the fun if your not exploring new boundaries?
By the way, IP 68 rating is for 13 feet of submersion, so camera that would be submersible to 10 feet wouldn’t meet the ratings criteria.

Is there any way to get the 2.4GHz wifi signal to pass through water? What if it’s very shallow?
I’ve been wanting to make a completely sealed, waterproof container for a wyze cam that I can float on top of my pond or aquarium. However, the container might have to be submerged a few inches. Just like my gopro. the wifi signal gets lost once the device gets submerged.

Water completely absorbs 2.4GHz waves within an inch of transmission.

Is IP68 a good waterproof rating?

Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes .