WYZE LOCK automatically unlocks randomly

Good question Jason. Yes I was outside the area but not far out of it, I was only gone about 5 mins to test. Interestingly I just got back from a longer distance & time trip 30+min & the auto-unlock worked just like the first time. My first trip was a 30+ min trip when it auto-unlocked. I was wondering if I wasn’t gone long enough on the 2 test trips that failed & your question of leaving the geofence area is worth another look. I didn’t think that time away was effected but coming back in the geofence area has a 10 min max before closing, so I’ll watch for both. At any rate I’m 2 for 4 with hopes of improving. Thanks again for your help really appreciate it.

Not a problem, I would like to see it working for everyone, so helping people t/s helps me find things that end up fixing it.

Well, same for me. Sometimes that screen trick works, sometimes it doesn’t.

See if there is anything that you can come up with that is common in the times it does work vs does not work. Like with @hamos10136 there is a chance that the times his did not work he either was not out of the area or not out of the area long enough. Haven’t heard back yet on if he has narrowed that down yet.

Jason21271 I didn’t get a chance to do any more tests as my lock started working erratically on all the features including the battery going to zero over 2 days. I’ve reset it up twice among other attempts but nothing seems to work. I have also been working extensively with support. As this is my 2nd lock I decided to return it. Thank you for your help it was much appreciated.

@hamos10136 sorry to hear it did not work, I am happy to help anytime.

@archersf, @j.rosen, your experience sounds like mine. I created a wish list item because the behavior is very consistent when both my wife and I arrive home at the same time. See Cancel auto-unlock if bluetooth connects within 30 seconds of a prior auto-unlock event.

There are times when I haven’t noticed it auto-unlock after our arrival because I wasn’t watching. In those cases, I’ve inspected the lock history and have seen that it auto-locked after 10 minutes. Some kind of rule that kicks in because the door wasn’t opened within 10 minutes of the auto-unlock.

2 Likes

I just experienced that same situation yesterday for the first time and today I am very concerned I was already inside the home and 30 minutes later I hear my door unlocking at that’s very disturbing I have to call to report it which I will do first thing Monday morning

If you could also send in a log so they can see what happened. You can do this in the app Account → Help & Feedback → Submit a Log