Wyze In Response: Thermometers and Webcam Firmware Available

Thank you,

Here is the ticket order #:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I sent a reply to you requesting your order number for the team and then sent a note to the Wizards. It’s outside of their open hours right now so I don’t know if you’ll hear back tonight.

For the other open issue, the first email you sent went to an unmonitored email address. The second one has been escalated and is waiting a response from our end from someone more qualified. I sent a note about it as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like with shipping they are dead on. Or are they supposed to foot the bill for shipping?

1 Like

The point is they have millions of customers who may not have known they were available. So they sourced a bunch and sold them for cost including shipping. I had never heard of them until I saw it on Wyze, so I grabbed it. What amazes me is the people whining when Wyze tries to do a good thing. Nothing they do is good enough for some people on here.

6 Likes

Huge kudos to WYZE for pulling the webcam feature together so quickly. For those struggling, a GOOD quality data USB male to male cable is required.
Only issue so far is that my attempts to adjust the camera’s settings ie saturation and sharpening have not been successful. I have tried using ‘Web Cam’, an app that recognises most webcams but not this one. Is there something that can be done in the firmware that might make the camera recognizable as a HD Webcam ? Thanks again WYZE.

2 Likes

Looks like it was reviewed as $20 here too. The company must have marked up the price now. This was over a year old though.

Edit: the one above is the older model 2018 with double AAs. Thanks for pointing that out @rbruceporter

The bottom link is the current model listed at $20 in January 2020 with a coupon.

That’s not wyze’s fault. Thanks wyze for offering it through their website!

3 Likes

This is the older version look at the head end where the display is. The previous version was 20 bucks.

2 Likes

Whoops sorry you’re right about the 2018 one! The older one in gizmodo review takes double AAs.

However, the Cnet Jan 2020 article is the newer one I think since it has triple AAAs right?

1 Like

Yep the one in CNET looks to be the right one. :blush:

It’s the PT3 model.

2 Likes

I did get mine yesterday and it works like a charm.

4 Likes

Just ordered mine! Glad they’re back in stock now.

3 Likes

Yes, I did the webcam thing and it works pretty good! The major downside, IMO, is the field of view is too wide. I get that that is a function of the lensing in a security cam as opposed to a webcam. It would be really cool if they could somehow modify this on the software/firmware side.

3 Likes

I purchased the Thermometer on March 31, 2020 and was notified it was on back order, I am now seeing others post on this forum that it is available again and being shipped out, but mine is still sitting there in orders processing? Hopefully I will get it soon.

3 Likes

Your order processing means that it should get shipped in the near future. Thank you for your patience as we work through the back orders. If your order doesn’t change status in a couple of days, please reach out to our customer support team.

Wyze Customer Support

1 Like

Hi Gwendolyn, so because they are now available again I can go in and purchase another thermometer which states currently ships in 1-3 days on your site but I have to wait while Wyze goes through the back orders to have the one I already paid for and was charged on my credit card for on 3/31/20 in order to receive it? I find that unacceptable. And I have already reached out to the support team through chat and got the usual canned response that I have received here. I realize you are doing your job but the ones who have already paid for them should be first priority.

1 Like

I received my Ihealth thermometer an wish I had read reviews. Mine is useless because it’s inaccurate. Be cautious - Wyze won’t accept a return it it’s been opened. Haven’t heard back from Ihealth. Lesson learned.

Mines perfectly accurate when compared to a Mercury thermometer. Are you following all usage guidelines. No hair, center of forehead, person being tested not exposed to direct sun or ambient temperatures above 95 degrees F?

Mine has been accurate with my other thermometers within .3 degrees, for me that is more than acceptable

1 Like

Glad you got a good one. Mine is off by 1.5 degrees.

I’m not an idiot.