Wyze Floor Lamp Upgrades Your Craft or Comfy Zone - 4/13/21

Thank you Brenda. To clear things out, do you know the dimensions of the shipping carton (I plan to send the lamp abroad and need this information to determine the shipping costs).

A bit over 6ft.

1 Like

Right, shipping a 8 ft^3 cube is a bit crazy. Thereā€™s no way this lamp will come in such a big box, though. Based on the assembly instructions and description, I think the longest component is the 2ft flexible shaft at the top of the lamp. Iā€™d guess this thing will ship in a 26x12x6 box, or similar. The price for that shipment is in the range of $25 for consumers through UPS. itā€™s not inconceivable that it would cost Wyze only $5-$10 for the same shipment. And, you could imagine putting multiple 26x12x6 boxes into a single larger box (say, 26x12x12 for two) for even more shipping savings, which are not reflected in what Wyze charges.

I was initially very excited about this because I had wanted to replace at least one of my floor lamps for awhile. But then I was shocked at the shipping and handling cost. $13.99 for shipping and handling! Thatā€™s super expensive. Then I thought, well let me get 2 then and was shocked the shipping and handling is now $25.98 (barely any savings from ordering 2 separately). Thatā€™s just crazy! The shipping charge for the handheld vacuum was $8.99 as was the home monitoring system.

What gives?

2 Likes

Yeah, already backed it. Iā€™m an artist and crafter and good task lighting is everything.

1. Desk lamp with base or clamp options?
  2. Be able to switch/replace with a warm bulb? Iā€™m good with the roughly daylight temp of 4000 K though.

I donā€™t need it to be smart-I assume it can go into a Wyze plug if I want remote on/off control, but this wonā€™t be used for room lighting.

1 Like

The fact that this is only controllable through Bluetooth is the reason Iā€™m not buying it. If it were like the bulbs and were able to be controlled through the app via wifi from anywhere and integrated with Alexa then I would have bought it. Until this is changed, Iā€™ll wait on purchasing.

Same hereā€¦was going to order the lamp at first site. But since this product seems to be completely separate from the rest of their products. Until it works with the app and Alexa I will not order this

Whatā€™s next? Wyze AI Toilet paper? A floor lamp with a three way switch used to ā€œFINE TUNEā€ your light level. We need things that can monitor or automate things that arenā€™t easily done. Water leak detectors which others have hacked already. Sump Pump Monitors. Water Usage Monitors that detect running toilets or dripping faucets.

1 Like

Why is shipping so high on all products?

Am I the only one? But I kept thinking this little girl is Linda Blair from Exorcist 1973.

1 Like

Glad Iā€™m not the only person here holding back from pulling the trigger due to shipping cost. Really like the design of the lamp very sleek and modern as well as the wireless remote dial. However, the lack of home integration for full smart home autonomy is kind of a big consideration.

I ordered, but kind of hate cool light. I suppose there wonā€™t be any software options that change with updates and cool light is what weā€™ll get forever, correct? If so, bummer! Iā€™ll probably cancel. Wish I wouldā€™ve read more closely before ordering.

1 Like

Similar here on the shipping. I understand - not complaining - but I put two in my basket to pre-order, then noticed it was essentially a two-separate-orders/+shipping, so decided ā€œI can always order another one if I like this oneā€ and dropped it to one. Thatā€™s the way my cheap brain functions, I guess. While not having to consolidate orders makes things simpler for Wyze, take it to an extreme and no orders at all would be really, really simple. I guess you have to decide if the goal is to sell more products at a value to the consumer, or keep the Shipping Dept. happy? Or is Wyze trying to tamp down demand?

1 Like

weight and size matter.

She already explained the shipping in great detail.

does she really have to reply the same info repeatedly since nobody can seem to read previous postsā€¦ instead they rage post the same thing over, and over, and over.

yes. shipping is expensive.
yes, shipping for you at your company selling heavy things only cost a nickel.
yes, other products ship cheaper.
yes, they are sending them individually, so no discount for multiple ordered together. no, no explanation for that.
even though smart, and AI enabled means XYZ to you, and your expectations are based on that, that doesnt make it a universal definition. no integration with this. bluetooth remote only. AI learns your brightness routines and adapts to you. Its 4k light for color correctness. you dont like/need/want that, or flat dont care? not everything is for you. nobody is forcing you to preorder it.

We get it, you are all each individually THE most important, loyal customer to wyze, they keep your 457 cams, and 367 other assorted products in mind when launching, pricing, and shipping other products. Someone must have slipped up and not made this one personalized to youā€¦ they will be fired now.

good lord people.

do we really need to repeat the same few posts over and over?

2 Likes

so mostly water based products that already exist?

niche market, rare opportunities to sell multiple units to the same person, they would also be a new entry into a very specific market with established market leaders.

awesome ideas. cant miss.

ā€œdo we really need to repeat the same few posts over and over?ā€

Yes. I am not asking Wyze for anything. I am telling them. To repeat - I would have bought at least two - but the structure they chose to offer me ā€œa customerā€ made me decide to not spend ā€œmy moneyā€ on a second unit. Just an FYI, donā€™t expect or desire a response. But if I ran a business, and 10/100/1000 of my customers gave me some helpful feedback, Iā€™d listen. You might do business differently. Unless you run Wyze, thatā€™s not relevant to me.

1 Like

I almost balked at the shipping, but honestly I want to see/get the bonus gift!

1 Like

Itā€™s a cover for the light that shines ā€œHappy Birthdayā€
:wink: They show it on the product page.

3 Likes

That is for the first 20,000, there seems to be another when they reach 20,000 also that is unknown, unless I am reading it wrong

2 Likes

Oh, Youā€™re right! Thanks, I overlooked that. The Lamp cover is for the first 20K (even if they didnā€™t hit 20K, those people would still get that one):

And they say that once those are all out, there is another special gift that gets unlocked if they hit 50K orders:

So the first 20K get 2 gifts, and the last 30K get just the 1 unlocked gift (although thatā€™s only if they hit 50K preorders.

Thanks for pointing that out Jason, I totally missed that.

1 Like